Author Topic: Water bowl issues  (Read 3646 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Water bowl issues
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2008, 11:23:11 AM »
That's what I've used. Not amazingly aesthetically pleasing but does the job!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2008, 10:19:06 AM »
may be a daft idea, but if the waterbowl tippers somehow manage to tip over the plastic one as well (hope not!), what about those metal bracket things that small plant pots are fixed to balconies with - would look pretty bad indoors but might work ....or use a wrought iron flat dish as a water bowl   :Crazy: Milo 'n Riley's le Creuset water bowls  :rofl:
methinks half the fun of the water bowl is tipping it over to see your reaction  :evillaugh: I don't suppose it happens with their full food bowls by any chance????
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 10:21:25 AM by swampmaxmum »

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2008, 08:47:17 AM »
I managed to get 2 heavy bowls on Zooplus and so far so good Milo hasn't tipped them over!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 12:50:04 PM »
Ordered one of those feeding trays like the one Feebee linked to, it came today and it's blue not red so that's a good start - will see how long it takes Riley to tip it over  :evillaugh:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2008, 10:37:34 AM »
Don't think the pet stuff is on offer at our Lidl at the mo. Our bowl is attached to the wall! (We've got an L bracket attached to the wall. I used a drill to put a small hole in the plastic bowl and then sat the metal bowl in that. Foolproof way to make sure LJ can't drag the bowl around - which he did a lot before!)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 14:13:31 PM »

Hi,

Our local pet shop does a plastic tray that the bowls clip into. I've never neede one as my tiny terrors don't tend to cause a mess but if you can find one near you it might work as the bowls can't be knocked over.
 ;D Hope this helps  ;D

I think you're describing what they also have on offer in Lidl at the moment. I saw yesterday they sell plastic trays with compartments you put the bowls down in (designed for dogs I think). THINK they're going for £2.99
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 13:04:10 PM »
Feebee that is brilliant! Thank you  :thanks:

Offline feebee

• Adult Cat
  • Jack and Fred true cat eccentrics
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 09:15:38 AM »
Hi,

Found a link to the feeding tray I mentioned on ebay. As you can see the bowls clip into the tray so they are impossible to knock over!  ;D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SMALL-DOG-CATS-DOUBLE-FEEDING-BOWLS-AND-TRAY-PETS-PET_W0QQitemZ230240554441QQihZ013QQcategoryZ20747QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 09:05:14 AM »
Oohhh thanks Mark thats all really helpful,
 :thanks:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 20:38:27 PM »
My big steel bowl does the job - maybe the smaller ones aren't up to it?  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 19:29:56 PM »
Nice try Mark but no cigar  :evillaugh:  I have a stainless steel one with a rubber bottom but he literally uses his paws lift the bowl up and tip it over so the only thing that would work is the ones with a big lip going inwards to stop the water sploshing out when he lifts the bowl up.  If you can find me one similar to the one I linked to but nicer looking and a bit smaller than 8 inches I'll give you 10/10  ;)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 17:56:54 PM »
Just realised. I have asmaller version in the garden for the hedgies. It's stainless steel with a rubber bottom - about £2.50 in Sainsbury's  ;D
It's "Animal Club" - they make a donation to the RSPCA for every one sold (1p I think  :tired: )

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 14:25:19 PM »
I have the exact same problem with Riley, they have a heavy ceramic bowl but that doesn't stop him dragging it round the kitchen and emptying the contents all over the floor every single day.  Only last night i was looking at the non spill dog bowls, they have a lip on so that even if nudged and pulled the water should stay inside.  The only ones I have found are a bit big for my liking - 8 inches - so am trying to find a smaller one in a nice colour for them!

http://www.seapets.co.uk/product-details/stkcode/126001/category/222.html

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 13:57:25 PM »
Max will always ignore his nice bowl, and only  now drinks from the cereal bowl we keep in the lounge, or my glass if he can do it without being spotted  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 12:11:09 PM »
I got a ceramic dog bowl for Jameson (for the garden) but he still wont drink from a bowl. We now have 4 waterbowls scattered around house and gardens.... The only purpose they seem to have is to act as decorations!!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 10:55:29 AM »
There is actually a non spill dog bowl which was made specifically for car travel

http://www.roadrefresher.com/index.php

I use normal metal dog bowls since Memph decided he didn't want to drink from his own bowl, he wanted to share Molly's.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline feebee

• Adult Cat
  • Jack and Fred true cat eccentrics
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 10:38:43 AM »
Hi,

Our local pet shop does a plastic tray that the bowls clip into. I've never neede one as my tiny terrors don't tend to cause a mess but if you can find one near you it might work as the bowls can't be knocked over.

;D Hope this helps  ;D

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 10:11:12 AM »
I've never thought of getting a dog bowl before!  :rofl:

Always been a bit worried about changing the bowls with fear of upsetting Jess, but think we might have to to save the floor boards!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 09:52:21 AM »
I use a big steel dog bowl, well the dog does and the cats....used to use a smaller one for the cats but they all drank from his (dog) bowl!  ;)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 09:44:30 AM »
We have a bowl in the kitchen that is wider at the bottom than the top. Also it has rubber on the bottom. You couldn't knock it over if you tried. It was a dog bowl I got from M&S last year but it was reduced to clear so not sure if they sell them any more. It is enamelled metal. I'm sure I have seen other dog bowls like it but don't really look at dog things  :evillaugh:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 09:29:17 AM »
Maybe get a ceramic dog bowl?

We got a big one as our Penguin likes to tip bowls.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
Water bowl issues
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 09:05:29 AM »
We have water bowls which we sit on a damp j cloth on a tray then on a rubber mat, we do this to stop Milo knocking them over, but the past couple of days he is still managing to do it, and we're coming home to find water soaked into the wooden flooring (which is also starting to lift in some places)

What can we do to try and stop Milo doing this? Any suggestions,

Also we have a water fountain and he tries to drag that as well, but obviously its alot heavier and he can't move it!

Link to CatChat