Author Topic: Mix feelings, your opinion please - Please send positive vibes for Millie RTA (Sad news- RIP xx)  (Read 35427 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Mix feelings, your opinion please - MILLIE FOUND!!
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2009, 21:34:03 PM »
I am sure Phoebe and Boy and DD are watching from the Bridge , thinking .......look look shes behind the washing machine watching you, sigh she never listens!

Have a great nights sleep Pav and remember to drink plenty and also eat cos Millie needs you  :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2009, 21:31:23 PM »
Ohh Thankyou every one for your support and THANKYOU RUTH for coming all the way here, i told Ruth you saved Millie's life and she said no i didnt but she did save me from loosing my mind i was so sad today and thought i will be sitting here crying for loosing 3 cats but now its tears of joy, knowing that she is not out there hungry and scared, i know she is still hungry and scared but at least when she is ready there is plenty of food and love here.Aww i am so happy i cant stop shaking . It shows how little i know about cats after spending 43 years with them :innocent:
I have to go and have my soup now and atleast i can get some sleep tonight . Thankyou :hug: :hug: :hug: to every one here.
And i want Phoebe and Boy to know that i havent forgotten them, i just wanted to help this little one so she gets the chance to have a better life and start than they had , if only some one had helped them when they were young.x

Offline nicter

• Senior Cat
  • Nicky-Mum to Scamp Bonnie, Willum Rossi & Poppet
  • Slave to: Alfie. Poppet. Rossi. Willum Merlin
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2009, 21:26:56 PM »
aaaaaw Im so pleased shes turned up. Shed a few tears when I read that post. May this be the 1st of many adventures you have together Papp !!  :innocent: xx
RIP Tigger Button Whisky Maisie, Merlin and Alfie Pawprints on my heart forever

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2009, 21:15:33 PM »
Great news - You deserve a big glass of winr tonight Pav!

Julie tells me that feral/scared cats rarely make a run for it and are more likely to go-to-ground - luckily it proved true this time  :hug: - hope it all goes well  :hug:

And  :hug: to Ruth for supporting pav in her hour of nervous breakdown  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2009, 21:14:36 PM »
HURRAH!!  :Luv:

So glad she's made herself known. I hope you get yourself a large glass of wine, a long hot bath and something to eat!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2009, 21:09:51 PM »
Pav so glad she has been found nothing like a feral to mess up your life and your home also they are very good at getting you to block up every hole and place you think they can be = there will be more hidey holes you just don't know about them

Our Sam is off in to the big wide family room so can comisterate with your Millie! ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2009, 21:06:48 PM »
I am so pleased,  this has made my evening xxx

Pav,  dont fret too much because Ferals will put you through all sorts of emotions,  you need to be strong for Milly now honey,  you will give a lot and sometimes it will seem like she is giving nothing back,  but it will come in the end xxxx

Fab  :censored: tastic news xxxx

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2009, 21:02:43 PM »
What a relief - so pleased for you Pav xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2009, 21:01:36 PM »
 :hug:  I am sooooo pleased, fantastic news  :wow:

Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2009, 21:00:07 PM »
Yep, that'll do  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2009, 20:59:22 PM »
Oh excellent, I am so pleased :wow:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26287.0.html

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2009, 20:53:18 PM »
Pheweeeee, Millie is a little minx isn't she  :Luv2:

So pleased, give Pav a huge cuddle from me, and then get her to give you a huge hug from me too, you both deserve it  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2009, 20:53:09 PM »
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss wow I knew she would be in the house,

Well done both of you for finding her and its onwards and upwards now.

Come on Millie softly softly does it and please stop laughing at them  ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2009, 20:50:50 PM »
THis is Kittybabe (Ruth) here. Millie is now safe and sound. She was behind the washing machine watching Pav turn the house up side down and probably giggle. Naturally she's scared but she has a nice hiddey hole there and food a plenty with water. So all is well. We've left her in the kitchen and Pav is havin a small weeping fit of joy.  ;D

Thanks everyone for the PMs to both Pav and I.  :hug:

:yayyy::yayyy::yayyy::yayyy:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Mix feelings, your opinion please.
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2009, 20:23:43 PM »
Sadly quite a big cat can get through that size gap and Kocka who was a smallish cat about the size of a birman broke into my flat through the  little window at the top in my bathroom......took me ages to find out how she was getting in.

I hope that she is still in the house and you have also been in touch with Mayhew, who can loan you a trap just incase she did get out.

Thnking of you Pav  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2009, 18:16:00 PM »
Do you have any pilchard in tom sauce or maybe some tuna in Pav, some nice smelly fish should do the trick!

Place it near the last place you saw her, not out in the open though as that would put her off....Dont forget that radio and maybe add a light tonight as atleast then she can see there is no immediate danger for her!

Still thinking of you Pav, and still have a very strong feeling she is in your flat!  ;) :Luv: :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 18:31:20 PM by Bazsmum »

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2009, 17:54:32 PM »
I'm sure she couldn't have got out of a gap that small.  Definately not without pushing it open wider as she went through it anyway.

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26287.0.html

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2009, 17:49:32 PM »
Less than 3 fingers wide, Dawn. Pav was in touch earlier, she's still convinced the little one fled.

Surely no way she could have got out of that,   is there anywhere else in the flat Kitty ??
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 17:50:25 PM by Daisymac »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2009, 16:54:05 PM »
Oh poor Pav, that does seem like a small gap though, for the skull anyway

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2009, 16:53:24 PM »
Less than 3 fingers wide, Dawn. Pav was in touch earlier, she's still convinced the little one fled.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2009, 16:41:31 PM »
hope you are ok pav - been thinking about the window - remember that she wouldn't have stopped to close it after her - how much was it open do you think?

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2009, 16:39:56 PM »
Hope you've managed to get some rest Pav, and little 'un has come out of hiding  :hug: :hug:

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2009, 16:19:10 PM »
I agree too. If it's any consolation, we had a major panic when we adopted The Munchkin. First morning he was no where to be seen. We knew he couldn't have gone out because the cat flap was locked, but I was really beginning to believe he'd somehow broken it open. We looked everywhere. I was frantic. Eventually, many stressful hours later, we found him- he'd got into a tiny space between the back of the kitchen cupboards and the boiler. I still don't know how he squeezed in with his enormous tummy! Of course, then we panicked in case he was stuck- we had visions of having to demolish the kitchen. We eventually tempted him out with cat milk and chicken (thankfully he loves his grub) but were in a state. I'll bet you anything she's in the flat somewhere. Hard as it is, try to chill out- she'll appear eventually.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2009, 13:20:54 PM »
I agree with what everybody else has said , sometimes it can take 2 days before they touch the litter tray and a long time before they eat. Just renew the food and stop looking, get some sleep she is probably watching you.

I would contact the Mayhew and tell them what has happened and see if they have a trap that you can set, just in casae she is outside. I still believe she is inside though  :hug: :hug: :hug:

You must act normally within the flat and pretend she is not there, she will sense your stress and that will keep her hidden.

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2009, 12:19:59 PM »
Cats can hide in the most odd places so do keep looking in the house and try to be calm when you do it (I know its easier said than done).

When we adopted Smoke she hid under the wardrobe for more than 24 hours before I moved her into our spare room, she didn't use the litter box the whole time even though it was right next to the wardrobe.

Fingers crossed she comes out soon.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2009, 12:06:54 PM »
Hope you get some much needed sleep Pav as that wont help being tired!  :hug:

I remember my cats going missing in the house...He ended up in the bed settee, had managed to get in but could not get out! Another one we had the plumber out and he had the bath panel off, stupid man put the panel back on with one of my cats hid underneath the bath!

Cats are masters of hide and seek when they choose! I do hope you get some relief soon as the thought of you going through this on your own is unbearable!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2009, 08:35:48 AM »
Pav I can only echo what everyone else has said, I regularly loose my cats in the house (the garden is catproofed so I am always worried they have escaped) but they always turn up somewhere in the house, no matter how small your flat the cat is smaller and they can get into all sorts of places, also when I got Tilly home she didn't use the tray for 24 hours, I was worried she would burst!  hope you managed to get some rest

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2009, 08:18:39 AM »
Pav it can take longer, when we had Matty here he didn't eat until the next morning and never touched the tray and he wasn't that nervous.  Tons of  :hug: for you and hoping everything turns out well but whatever has happened please stop blaming yourself now and take care of you xxx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2009, 08:16:13 AM »
Aww, Pav honey, i really feel for you. It is still early days and not really that long for her to have not eaten or drunk. What I found with my nervous adult cat was that he actually preferred it not to be totally dark, I used to put a T-light on for him, and he seemed happier, so maybe a light on tonight will help her. I am sure she will still be in your house
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2009, 08:07:40 AM »
There is no sign of her :( I sat upstairs in the bedroom all night in total darkness, ususally leave a light on at nights but i put everything off hoping she comes out and checked downstairs every few hours nothing has been touched is 15 hours now and she hasnt used the tray and the food or water so she cant be here :( I went out at 6 am looking in peoples backgardens the one i could get access to and thought if i am out she may come out, i am so tired cried all night . i need to get few hours sleep and then maybe need to go to mayhew or call them and say what happened, the thing is i dont know what happened.Today is 1 month since i lost Boy and a week since Phoebe and i feel really down right now.
 :'( :'( I need to get some sleep. Thankx everyone.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2009, 07:46:57 AM »
I hope you have had a good nights sleep Pav and that you have found she has eaten and used the litter tray overnight. I too have managed to 'lose' cats in the house, I quickly learnt never to look at a place and say it is too small for a cat to get into, cos they can. It is totally normal for a nervous cat to hide, but at least your flat is small, so she can't get too far.
Please spay your cat

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2009, 22:19:49 PM »
Awww Pav hunnie, hope this little madam puts in an appearance soon so you can rest easy, she's obviously found a really good hidey hole xxxxx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2009, 22:08:39 PM »
Do not beat yourself up Pav  :hug: :hug:

I know its really hard but just go about your normal things and then go to bed,,,,,leaving food and a tray out of course......I bet most of us are willing to bet that Catty will have eaten during the night and gone back into hiding.

Misa used to come out for stroke , eat and then pull himself back under thr recliner and I swear to you there was only a couple of inches for my big Misa to get under but he managed it for weeks .  :)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2009, 22:03:58 PM »
I can well understand how you are feeling atm Pav and can only hope that little girl takes pity on you soon and at least puts your mind at rest that she's still inside.   

I can't see your original post on this thread atm but think you said she came from a house with too many cats?  How did she behave towards other cats in the rescue?  You'll probably all shoot me for this suggestion but our Billy is about the "wildest" cat we've had and he so needs another cat for company.  He sticks to Noni and Billy alternately like glue.  I just wonder if a more stable cat friend (hopefully a lap cat) would be a good idea for you both assuming you decide to carry on with fostering her Pav. 

I'm another one that needs the distraction of homing another cat when I "lose" one but perhaps a lone feral might be too much of a handful when you are grieving a loss  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2009, 21:19:54 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: For Pav..... and a tentative "hello" to the nervous one. ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2009, 20:33:11 PM »
Pav is home, she's sitting in the house and just waiting for her to come out. I've assured her that the window was not open wide enough for the little one to go out. Pav is right, the flat is small but the little one is somewhere in there. Pav is just having a hard time convincing herself of this, and is beating herself up about this.  As you can imagine she's devestated right now thinking the worst so I think she just needs to sit quietly and wait for the little one to show herself.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2009, 20:14:46 PM »
I do hope Pav is back at home and just resting quietly  :hug: :hug:

If the cat is in the house I dont think she will see it for days but to leave food somewhere she can find it when she knows its safe

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 20:14:00 PM »
Oh Pav I'm sure your little lady will hiding in or under something that you didn't think possible for a kitty to get in or under  :hug:

I have "lost" Rossi several times in my house and she is a friendly loving little girl but if she decides she is gonna hide she is amazingly good at it.

Good luck in finding her and fingers crossed you are able to reassure her that people can be very nice xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2009, 20:02:57 PM »
it happened to me

and Tosker is still hanging around, just not indoors
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2009, 20:01:18 PM »
I said to Pav earlier that noone would help that cat more than her it is just an unfortunate thing which could easily happen to anyone.  Hopefully the cat will be in the house (Byron has been missing hours and we've found her in drawers and all odd places) but even if not, not to beat herself up about it  :hug: Pav xxx
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 20:02:26 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat