Author Topic: A Christmas promise  (Read 7787 times)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Re: A Christmas promise
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 20:21:52 PM »
Hello T, that is alovely sentiment - we will all keep our fingers crossed that all good puddies have a loving home by next christmas. :Luv:

Just off the top of my head I remember making that promise to Carls Bilbo and Baggins and look at them now absolutely Purr fect

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 20:18:06 PM »

As I ponder whether Santa has forgotten these beautiful felines at this special time ,I look back on last year and realise
The Best are always Kept till Last.

So to each and every one of my precious little charges I promise the same old thing to you as I’ve done to others every year ,you will be in your own
 purr fect  home for Christmas with a lap and a tree next year.

Blip was six months in a (communal) pen but I suspect the little purring being sitting hard against this keyboard as I type thought it was worth the wait.

May all your little ones be equally as lucky as all the well-loved puds on Purrs

:hug: :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 14:44:43 PM by Christine (Blip) »
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 20:16:31 PM »
Hello T, that is alovely sentiment - we will all keep our fingers crossed that all good puddies have a loving home by next christmas. :Luv:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
A Christmas promise
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 20:06:51 PM »
There will be turkey on the menu for the wonderful rescues at Paws Inn, as always it will be lovingly prepared and served in the usual dishes, in the same old pens as it is year after year after year.
There will be lots of the usual cuddles and the usual apologies that we haven’t found the purr fect home yet along with the same old hope that a home will turn up in the New Year.
Christmas carols I’m sure will be in abundance as the cats sit idly listening to the same old Classical FM that they listen to day in and day out.
There’s a limit to what will fit in a Cat Pen, no room for a tree which they would all love to climb and batter the gaily coloured baubles  around. Just the same old scratching posts and usual ball along with a new catnip toy.
No freedom to choose a trip to the great outdoors in search of a mouse or to slip and slide on the frost underfoot; no chance to chase that fallen leaf that teasingly  dances outside of the door, No chance of having the luxury of choosing which lap to adorn, or whose bed to pounce on at  5 in the morn.

As I ponder whether Santa has forgotten these beautiful felines at this special time ,I look back on last year and realise
The Best are always Kept till Last.

So to each and every one of my precious little charges I promise the same old thing to you as I’ve done to others every year ,you will be in your own
 purr fect  home for Christmas with a lap and a tree next year.

Link to CatChat