Author Topic: Question....Gawd Im Full Of Questions lol  (Read 1217 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: Question....Gawd Im Full Of Questions lol
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 10:00:08 AM »
she must have made quite a lot from property dev as it's very expensive to fly kitty in to the UK from Spain - bit less so the other way. They used not to have to go as 'cargo' but could go as 'excess baggage' to and from England, which is much quicker for the cat but is still the hold. I think that's pretty stressful but it does sound like her cat's used to it. Much less stressful is taking them in with you, but BA etc don't allow that. I could rant, but I won't! Kitty may prefer it to hours in the car. Some cats do travel well. Others, like my friend's cat, doesn't even like 2 mins down to the vet!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 09:43:48 AM »
I suppose it depends on how well the cat copes with flying.  I can't imagine many cats actually enjoy the experience, so I would question whether it's causing undue stress by flying the cat back and forth every few months like that.  Although I doubt it would cause long term problems.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 09:14:21 AM »
but this is  flying back & forward every few months?

I am sure a healthy cat could withstand that. With most airlines each time a pet flys it has and MOT to enable a vet to give a fitness to fly cert.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2007, 09:12:47 AM »
They are vet checked to get the passport and i should imagine airports will check them upon arrival/departure.

MBll

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 00:58:12 AM »
blackcat yeah  but this is  flying back & forward every few months?

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 00:56:09 AM »
My Bobcat was 16 when I moved to NZ and made the trip like he had been doing it all his life (five hour flight plus airport time). Don't know why, but they don't seem to be fazed by it at all. He yawped continually on the car ride from Grafton to Brisbane when I moved there (five hours with a duet from him and Pavarotti, the siamese, in the middle of a tropical downpour, thunder lightning and a car load of possessions - aaargh). But was perfectly happy once we got there.

MBll

Question....Gawd Im Full Of Questions lol
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 00:28:37 AM »
Right I met this 'person' at tescos the other day ...the sort you want to avoid like the plague   well shes telling me all about her new house in spain, buying this & doin that & now into property development. Anyhoo shes saying that she flys over to spain for a few months & takes her 12 year old cat & then she comes back here for a while with the cat its like flying back & forward...i dont know whither to believe her but if theres any truth in this  woulndt this effect the wee cat health wise  as shes 12 year old?

Link to CatChat