Author Topic: Applaws chicken & pumpkin - Big Hit with the gang!  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Applaws chicken & pumpkin - Big Hit with the gang!
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 11:16:36 AM »
Please order your zooplus through our link, cos they give us 5% of your order in commission for our rescue fund  ;D

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 10:36:25 AM »
Max loves Applaws, he's not had the pumpkin one yet, but will certainly give it a try now  ;D  The one with seaweed went down quite well, but the resounding favourite so far is chicken and cheese.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 10:32:49 AM »
mine like applaws and almo nature they get it at the weekends only though - though recently I have been buying something from tesco which is very similar (a little more liquid) that is about 49p a tin I think it may be called finest

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 10:21:23 AM »
I won a case of applaws in last years CC raffle, it went down a storm.

will buy them a case of plain Tuna and also a case of chicken, not sure wether to get the plain or mixed chicken.

that will be part of their Christmas prezzie as it will cost around £60 for the two cases. But I recommed it to anyone as a treat. It's too expenseive to buy all the time.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 09:06:38 AM »
Has anyone tried the seaweed one? I have some but havent opened them yet...

I reckon Zooplus will stock the bigger cans soon :wish:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 23:48:58 PM »
I use both and haven't noticed a preference.  But then again, my two are a couple of hoovers  ;D  Almo nature do  more varieties than applaws.  I tend to buy the applaws at a local petshop and then buy the almo nature in some extra flavours from another shop.  But zooplus now sell both (although they don't sell all the flavours that almo nature do).  For some reason I find the applaws cans easier to open!  I've had a few rings come away in my hands on the almo nature tins.

The chicken and pumpkin and the chicken and cheese are both bit hits around here (both brands).  Pumpkin is supposed to be good for digestive problems too (diarrhoea and constipation).

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Applaws chicken & pumpkin - Big Hit with the gang!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 23:19:07 PM »
My lot loved Applaws chicken and pumpkin. I bought it expecting that they'd pick out the chicken and eat round the pumpkin, but not a bit of it - they scoffed the lot! I thought I'd try it because pumpkin is supposed to be good for cats with CRF - can't remember the full reasoning behind it, but anyway there was some evidence to back it up (just can't find it at the moment LOL!) So, happy faces all round!

Wish Zooplus would do the bigger tins of Applaws - its pointless me buying little tins, I'd spend half the evening opening enough tins just to get the hungry hoard fed LOL! ;D

Just a query - from what I can see there doesnt seem to be much difference between Applaws and Almo Nature ingredients wise - has anyone tried both and has there been any preference with one or the other?

Link to CatChat