Author Topic: Any ideas on what food i might manage to get kitty to eat?  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Any ideas on what food i might manage to get kitty to eat?
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 18:34:21 PM »
Thats great  ;D

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 18:29:33 PM »
Good thinking  ;D
She has just had a pouch of feliix jelly specialities beef in a game flavoured jelly and has ate about a quater of it which is ok i suppose coz surely if she was hungry she would of ate the rest of it seemed like she enjoyed it

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 18:23:17 PM »
When the birmans came here they would only eat fish flavoured food and biscuits and after nearly 2 years they started helping them selves to the big cats food so now they get other foods too.

I would love to stope the Purina biscuits so they all ate the same and Purina is so much more expensive than TechNical which I can buy in a sack, but now the big cats help themselves to the birmans food too...............groan  ;D

Asthma can be caused by an allergic reaction and maybe he thinks that Kitty maybe reacting to something in the fish.

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 17:58:43 PM »
Exactly what i thought i dont even know why it does as i forgot to ask as i was quite upset, she will eat gormet
 solitare chicken and crab but yet again its expensive and she would get bored,
I probably made her fussy in the first place  :Crazy:

Ill give that a go now and see if she eats it.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 17:50:43 PM »
I took kitty to the vets today as she has been coughing recently they said it might be ashtma she got to go back for tests on monday,

He said it may be to much fish flavoured food so i need to cut her down on them,

Could you get her to eat the meat flavoured ones by putting a bit of 'fishy' gravy over the top of it to start with? or just mix a little bit of the meat one into her fish one, then slowly decrease the amount of fish one and increase meat one?

Must say, I've never heard of fish flavoured food causing asthma.  :-:

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
Any ideas on what food i might manage to get kitty to eat?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 17:41:14 PM »
I took kitty to the vets today as she has been coughing recently they said it might be ashtma she got to go back for tests on monday,

He said it may be to much fish flavoured food so i need to cut her down on them, the only thing is trying to get kitty to eat anything meat flavoured other than feline fayre chicken and ham is a nightmare and im sure after a while she would get extremely bored of this and not eat it.

She will steal the kittens food no matter what flavour it is but this gives her diarrohea  :sick:

Can anyone suggest any food that she may eat?

Thanks

Link to CatChat