Author Topic: Anyone help me with a question on AXA's insurance website?  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Anyone help me with a question on AXA's insurance website?
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 20:23:35 PM »
Pap you will have to declare that as pre-existing condition but unless it gives any problem its not gonna matter  ;D

Insurance is so necessary, especially if you dont have much money cos sometimes just simple treatment can be so expensive.

So  a message for all newby cat owners, get them insured asap when you fist get them. The less you know about their history the better  ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 20:19:46 PM »
 :thanks:, i will try Axa ,the only thing is i dont know much about her past? she came to me with a broken jaws and the mayhew started the treat ment but i asked them to transfer everything to my vet and after six weeks when the vet removed the wires they said it hasnt healed,they thought it was old injury,but i dont know anything else . Never had insurance for my cats and my privious baby JIM, vet bills was so high that i thought its a good idea if i get to insure her. See how it goes! Thankyou so much,everyone is so helpfull here :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 18:36:29 PM »
Or Axa LOL

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2007, 18:35:17 PM »
That's interesting, I never knew that - mind you, I wouldn't take advantage, as Pet Plans excess for oldies is more than either M & S or Sainsburys.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2007, 18:33:57 PM »
who dont take older cats on, only ones already insured
They do if you get a oldie through a rescue who are registered with them  ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2007, 18:25:48 PM »
The receptionist at my vet was surprised with mine being insured at the age of 14, so it obviously isn't common knowledge - not surprising as insurance training for Vet Nurses is normally done by PetPlan, who dont take older cats on, only ones already insured
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2007, 18:02:32 PM »
That nurse was so wrong cos AXA, M&S and Sainsburys all wll take older cats but AXA underwrite all 3  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2007, 12:28:30 PM »
HI, Did you manage to insure Ginny on line? few months ago i asked the nurse in surgery if i can insure Phoebe and she said she doesnt think so because she is old? So may be i can try the AXA;S insurance?

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 09:03:35 AM »
I said yes to being fully vax'd as mine have more of the required ones than not.

You'll have to say yes if they ask has she seen the vet for anything other than routine vaccinations neutering etc.
I did a test with m&s quote page and it doesnt cost more if you say yes to the above.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 21:45:53 PM »
I think I say yes to the vacc's, despite the fact neither of mine are vacc'd against FeLV, if they happen to come down with it (and both are 14), then I accept I will have to pay.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 19:28:38 PM »
I would not call these a problem or recurring, what was there has gone.

At the age of 14 my vet would not give an Leukaemia jab because by then they have natural immunity

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 18:47:46 PM »
me, i would assume a sebacious cyst and tooth removal for tartar build-up would be one=off issues, not an on-going illness, but you should probably just check with the vet. Presumably now she is in your care you will be keeping her teeth clean with a proper dietary supplement and raw chicken wings. So you should not require more extractions unless she has some underlying illness like kidney probls that make it worse...

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
Anyone help me with a question on AXA's insurance website?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 18:35:44 PM »
We want to get Ginny insured, as it's better than not at all even if she is 14.

We want to be honet with this policy as she's been with the vets for about a month and half, so the vets know her conditions.

She has had a sebatiou cysts removed and had 2 front canine teeth removed due to them being covered in tartar.

She wasnt officially ours when she had this treatment, but it was done at the vets all our cats are now registered at - so our question is - how do we answer the initial questions about does she have a pre-existing condition or had extra treatment.

Technically she has - though not when she was officially ours - but the vets will probably have a note of this treatment ...

Also - we know she's had the normal vaccincations - but not for feline leukemia (sp!) - so how do I answer the question about 'has our cat been vaccincated against ..... ' which listed Felv - if I put NO - does that mean if there is anything they can say should have been prevented by the normal vaccinations (which she has had) would they then not pay out?

Ideally I wanted to do it online tonight, as I wanted to get the cover to start for the 1st October - but unless anyone can give me concrete answers I think I'm going to have to endure a telephone conversation with them.

Link to CatChat