Author Topic: anyone heard of Animal Friends Insurance?  (Read 1596 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: anyone heard of Animal Friends Insurance?
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 13:30:36 PM »
I'm insured with them as didn't know anyone to ask (ahem, didn't know you lot then!) when first came back here and they seemed very friendly, helped animals etc. They are underwritten by E&L who some peeps incl vets say aren't the best payers in town. However I can't complain so far as have a comprehensive policy and to date they have paid me out and been helpful on the phone, although they do take a while to pay (maybe they all do?). I think E&L were bad in the past but have had neg publicity on moneysavingexpert.com and the like and so have become more helpful and better. For older pets the premium was better than M&S or Sainsburys etc.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 23:53:07 PM »
oh yes - how interesting.
As was said, net profit could be after her 200k drawdown, however if they are a charity, their accounts should be available to view at the charity commission website. I'm just looking now - just foung animal friends that advise members of public about animal cruelty

http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/registeredcharities/showcharity.asp?remchar=&chyno=1064468
- might be useful.
... still looking....

on no they're a not-for-profit can't remember if this means they now have to register - must go to bed, my mind has gone! :Crazy:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 23:28:04 PM »
i started a thread about this a while ago Angie but it was shot down in flames  :evillaugh:

In theory, it seems excellent - but others said the underwriters are rubbish
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=5749.0
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
anyone heard of Animal Friends Insurance?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 23:20:28 PM »
Was given a newsletter by someone who we're helping out for the above - www.animalfriends.org.uk

Wondered if anyone had dealt with them for insurance? or maybe any rescues recieved donations from them?

Link to CatChat