Author Topic: anyone else got a Lodger?  (Read 2422 times)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Re: anyone else got a Lodger?
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 06:47:49 AM »

The Leo is currently outcold on our bed, he does get more leighway thatn the rest of the Clan as he is allowed to stay in the utilityroom in his bed on top of the tumble dryer and he comes in when I walk the dogs last thing then he heads up to the scratching post at the side of our bed, he can still be demanding but is learning that it doesn't work and no means no :rofl:

:evillaugh: :Luv:

Well, it's probably just a flash in the pan, but...........Mr Robbie slept with me on the bed the whole night  :shocked:
I did have to sleep "Starfish Style" tho, cause He was smack in the middle of the bottom of the bed  :doh:

I was woken up umpteen times because Marissa is full of the cold  :( each time I would instantly remember that Robbie
might still be there, Precariously, I would get out of bed to see to her, each time, Robbie did not flich  :shocked:

That is the First time since He has been here that he has done that, But I'll not hold my Breath for a recurrence  :shify:

I've also won off of ebay an eyenimal camera, So I'll maybe finally find out where he goes all the time now  :sneaky:

Thanks for everyone's reply's  ;)
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 10:49:31 AM »
All five of ours vary with affection levels. At present, Darwin comes in for a bit of a cuddle but is rather obsessed with guarding the back garden from a visiting cat so he tends to chill out on the heated pet bed in the outhouse. It makes me a bit sad, but it's how he is.....it really bothers him that an unneutered cat is on his turf and that's what he feels he has to do. *sighs*

Chi goes on jaunts sometimes, usually for a day or two.

Astryd and Sprocket are very cuddly, Sage comes and "asks" when she wants a love but mostly likes being left to her own devices.

Out of all five cats the only one that never seems to want to sleep on our bed is Sage. She never has done really.......

Just sounds like he's used to having his freedom to that degree, Stuart. But the fact he comes back for food and to say hello shows there's a level of trust and a fondness for you.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 21:37:01 PM »
Groucho was found aged 8 weeks by our window cleaners by uninhabited part of canal near the City Centre of Brum  :(  They brought him to us next day  :wow: :wow: :wow: and he has been here ever since and is now almost 2 1/2 years old. 

He is quite the Robbie behaviourwise Stuart; never sleeps on beds occupied by humans, loving the outdoors whatever the weather and very wary of his dad who has never done anything to deserve such wariness.  His dad works at home and feeds him every morning and lunchtime  :-: 

Whilst he thankfully loves his ma, it doesn't take much for him to eye me with a nervous look and he does not give his furry housemates much time at all.  He is anything but a lap cat ......  He obviously used to use litter tray when he was little but can't remember last time he did so.

We love him dearly as he is and enjoy every brief snoozle he allows (mainly kissing top of head and brushing seshuns) no matter how wet his nose is  :evillaugh:

Patience Stuart  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 20:58:20 PM »
Stuart sometimes they are just like that it comes down to their past and oh how I wish some of mine could tell me what is going on

The Leo is currently outcold on our bed, he does get more leighway thatn the rest of the Clan as he is allowed to stay in the utilityroom in his bed on top of the tumble dryer and he comes in when I walk the dogs last thing then he heads up to the scratching post at the side of our bed, he can still be demanding but is learning that it doesn't work and no means no :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 20:39:44 PM »
My Moms cat Pansy is an outdoors girl, her mom was a feral from a farm though so think its maybe genetic? she comes in for food and a nap but thats it...she not a "cuddle cat"

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 20:24:55 PM »
I don't think another Cat would change him Helen? we do not know his history, if he has bad experiences or not??
although he as an old rib injury that sticks out over 10mm past his sternum

Maybe it is just the way he is going to be??

We had a really loving wonderful Cat ( Leo ) that Liz helped us with, Unfortunately, He turned out to be sooo demanding
and was seeking attention all the time ( unless sleeping ) OH was getting sooooo stressed out. so much so that we could not
keep Him, Thankfully, Liz managed to give Him a place in the Clan cats homestead

now we have Robbie, from one end of the scale to the other  :tired:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 20:17:26 PM »
Thats how Sasa was this time last year and she would only come in and eat if she thought I was in bed.

That was after living here about 5 1/2 years although she wouldnt let me stroke her.

I think you should keep a litter tray in the house so he knows its there just in case cos otherwise he is forced to go outside and once out he feels the lure of the outside.

Sasa now is back and I finally caught her in the house in mid Jan, she stayed in until mid April completely and was a horrible orange colour that she picked up outside, She also damaged or something her mouth and lost many teeth.

During the summer she has been going out during the day if she asked nice, intitally with Misa who could be trusted to come back and she would trot back with him. In the summer she went out by herself and will come back to come in........the flap is blocked off now cos of Lupin.

I wont allow her out at night but Misa goes out and comes back.

She is only going out once in a couple of weeks now.

I know Robbie will be different cos Sasa used to live in a rescue for well over a year after living with ferals but she definately prefers her home comforts now unless she can lie quietly in the sun.

Its taken 7 years but she now asks to be stroked and she purrs and prrrfts in pleasure rolling around in extasy and I cant believe this cos thought it would never happen  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 20:10:18 PM »
Aww Stuart, and you're such a good Cat Dad - if only Robbie would hang around with you long enough to let you spoil him  :hug:

How does Robbie get on with other cats in general? I wonder if getting him a pal would a) encourage him to stick around a bit more to hang out with his cat friend and b) give you a more people-focused cat too?  :hug:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
anyone else got a Lodger?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 20:00:33 PM »
I've said it before, I'll say it again, you wouldn't think we had a furkid  :shocked:
Robbie the Stray we adopted almost a year ago still comes in just for food and he does sleep in the house at times
usually the downstairs landing, He wont sleep on the beds if someone is in them, but will if it's empty
it did take a wee while to gain his trust to start with, this is much better, but at times will still become skittish and run away from me  :(
very skittish with strangers, does not come when called, there is no litter tray in the house cause he doesn't use them
last week it was pretty frosty, house all cosy Robbie outside galavanting god knows where? tonight t is absolutely bucketing down
Where is Robbie?? in the garden sitting under a bush  :shocked: He came in earlier for his supper and was soaking, finished and went
straight back out again.........sigh

anyone else got an independent furkid??

Link to CatChat