Author Topic: Any good suggestions for a cat tree?  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Any good suggestions for a cat tree?
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 16:33:26 PM »
This thread might give you some ideas.  Our Kalven cat tree still pretty good although a bit of the sisal rope beginning to come off on one of base uprights.  It is almost 4 years old and we do have 7 cats though.  Incredibly well used by all of em.....

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,24081.msg421768.html#msg421768

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 13:38:33 PM »

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2011, 10:02:51 AM »
Yes Helen it is rude, and I will be making them aware of that, if it was one bought from a shop I would've taken it back.

We also have a small one from Zooplus(ordered through Purrs obviously)lol

That was supposed to be thrown when the new one came!! No chance, poppy still loves it. We've had the oldest one for 2 years, and its taken lots of abuse as well, and gets knocked over fairly regularly. It has a round base, think its meant for kittens and small cats, not big hoofers like mine.  :Luv:

Nicky

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Any good suggestions for a cat tree?
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2011, 07:25:00 AM »
Nickynoo - Thats not good on so many levels (no pun intended!). Can't believe how rude they are to ignore emails/calls :crazy:

Offline Cat_Crazy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2011, 01:43:17 AM »
Got my cat tree from Zooplus http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/scratching_posts/cattreesolymp/98034

Fantastic item. Has received plenty of abuse and is still in great condition.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2011, 23:14:41 PM »
We have about 14 Zooplus ones here in all shapes and sizes and they do pretty well despite the abuse they get off the Clan :shocked:

I also love the Fatboy posts ours last about 3 years before we have to remove them from public view we also have Lidl ones and they fare very well ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 23:02:53 PM »
I have to be honest, I am sadly disapointed with My Russell Hardy scratcher, it was aprox £100, and it started to shred on the carpet ladder straight away. It still does it now after a year!!
Poppy also kept getting a cut by her little ear, and I saw her rub her head on the edge of the bed part and thats how she did it. I emailed them and rang about the issues, and had no response.

Also the colour was wrong, but as I wasn't the one to check it off it went unnoticed until i got in and it was built. Its cream and I have black cats, go figure as the Americans say.

I ordered it at the Supreme last year, and I will will be going to see them this year, with Photos of what it looks like. It may have been that they were busy, and trying to get the orders out, but I would rather have waited for another week or so to get a decent quality product.

My Lidls bargain has faired better.

Sorry moan over.

Nicky

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 21:24:57 PM »
thoroughly recommed Kalven.          We've got numerous ones and they last for ever.      Most popular for sleeping and scratching though.      We have also got a zooplus one which is popular with the Norwegians for running up and down but is nowhere near as well made and is also not very stable.
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 21:16:40 PM »
I got the link to Russell Hardy wrong - it's catscratcher.com and Kalven are catscratcher.co.uk, I sense a bit of rivalry there  :evillaugh:

This is the one I have from Russell Hardy, the boys spend a lot of time sleeping on the platforms and when they're feeling playful, attacking each other through the ladder  :naughty:

It's on offer at the moment at £99 doen from £135 - http://www.catscratcher.com/product.asp?strParents=&CAT_ID=101&P_ID=426

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 07:56:57 AM »
I can highly recommend Russell Hardy scratchers, think the web link is www.catscratcher.com (can't check as using iPod and I'd lose this post if I went to google!). Kalven also come highly recommended. Neither are cheap but they are top quality with wooden posts and will last for years and years :)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 21:13:13 PM by Tiggy's Mum »

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 23:29:28 PM »
After having quite a sad end to our day (see Found cats) we thought we would treat our 4 cats to a new cat tree for Christmas. 

We have the one from IKEA which they no longer appear to sell but will still keep that in the room.

Have had a look on websites and one called 'cat tree rupunzel' looks like it might be the one we go for - but didnt know if anyone on here had one?

Link to CatChat