Author Topic: Leonie the phoney  (Read 2816 times)

Offline Jiskefet

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Catweazle, Tosca, Xena, Wobbel, Romeo, Connor and Mowgli (and Pinkie, Roesja, Steffie, Tuppence, Jiskefet, Precious, Daisy,Spetter, Klaatu, Gaudi, Josje and Ricky at the Rainbow Bridge)
Re: Leonie the phoney
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 18:34:08 PM »
I know several Coons that are really small.
They usually don't get very far in shows, but they are pedigree Coons, all the same.

If people keep cats for breeding or showing, they usually dump the ones that are not champion material (undersized, lack of  eartips, tail not long, straight or bushy enough, etc)
A Dutch forum friend of mine has a calico coon she lovingly calls her bantam cat
I used to have a midget-sized blue tom you would have sworn was a pedigree British shorthair, but less than half the usual size. We called him the Shetland cat (= miniature British), or our Italian Stallion (undersized, incredibly macho and a true mummy's boy)

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 19:56:42 PM »
Theo is just gorgeous  :Luv2:.     Rather like my Kalle as well
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 18:12:44 PM »
my oscar has that profile although is a moggie, he looks like a real big cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 17:28:47 PM »
Leonie hasnt got a nose like that and she is about the size of a 4 month old kitten lol

She is facially much more maine coon looking but still think she is just an exceptional looking moggie or maybe a cross breed with a miniture cat  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2011, 14:16:39 PM »
Here's one of my friend's NFC's Theo - you can see the straight nose in this pic - taken when not quite a year old - you should see him now he's enormous !!!  :wow:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 23:08:40 PM »
Lottie has NFC's so have a look at her website should give you good indications and she has them in all colours and I have met them and they are big cats, I have a half Maine Coon boy Oscar and he weight in at 7.5kgs so is a big boy

She is lovely take she is has her paws well under the table now and is enjoying sharing her life with you and your mob ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 22:55:21 PM »
I can testify to that  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2011, 22:49:41 PM »
Don't know what she is, don't care what she is, just know she is ruddy gorgeous  :rofl: :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2011, 17:22:24 PM »
yes she's my little princess, whatever she is  :Luv2:

Most definately and she acts the part too  ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2011, 17:18:40 PM »
exactly Lau!  my star is definatley a moggie but an absolute beauty who everyone who meets loves

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2011, 17:15:44 PM »
yes she's my little princess, whatever she is  :Luv2:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2011, 15:19:28 PM »
If she was stolen, it was never reported on the websites and I had her registered on there.

I do feel she was dumped and out in the snow and the strange thing is that she found the only neighbour who used to have a cat but that lovely person carried her down the road and dumped her outside my house...........I dont even have a porch cos its closed in.

She was very hungry and thinner but totally unscared by people cos she walked in when I opened the door and hadnt seen her till I saw thos shadow round my feet.

She has landed on her paws however  ;D ;D

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 14:28:24 PM »
i always wondered how she came to be neutered, and my sister thought perhaps she may have been stolen to breed from but was dumped when they realized she was neutered. i don't know enough about either maine coon or new forest to know the differences, she is definately some sort of pedigree. when we look at tabby new forest photos on the internet i think they resemble Leonie more so than maine coons.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2011, 14:22:09 PM »
Having once owned Leonie, her looks and coat are magnificent and not captured by photos well at all, and I feel that she has some pedigree in her but what I have not a clue. Her eyeliner is spectacular as are her markings.

I did feel that her coat was possible a bit bengal like but have never seen one in real life.

However having said that many tabbies have amazing markings like her and are just moggies...............sigh

I love Leonie and she is a special little character and so small for a grown cat. She definately has a way with her hiss and anger at intruders but with people she is gentle and affectionate unless you try to put her in a carrier  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 11:48:28 AM »
don't know if this would help at all.   

Shows the differences between wegies coonies and sibies

http://www.solacefarm.com/Diffsib.php

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 11:44:08 AM »
Lau my wegies have all got ear tips [admittedly not as pronounced as a coonie].      They may be smaller than a coonie but are still pretty big lumps of cats [about the same as a raggie].     Their noses are straight unlike most cats.     
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 11:55:12 AM by cazzer »

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
Leonie the phoney
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 09:45:49 AM »
i have always say i think Leonie is a maine coon cross not a full maine coon as she is so small and does not have the eartips that our maine coon cross Cody has. her markings are similar to some maine coons but my sister has been researching breeds and their history for vet lectures and she believes Leonie is actually a Norweigen Forest cat which are smaller and have no ear tips. what do you think?

Link to CatChat