Author Topic: Anyone seen RC 12+ pouches for sale? PAH?  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Anyone seen RC 12+ pouches for sale? PAH?
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 08:34:46 AM »
Well I have finally got some of these for Jaffa and tried him with a pouch last night.  He licked his bowl clean.  I'm under no illusion that that means he will still like them tomorrow though!  Another one to add to the mix however and probably a good choice for a 14 year old cat who hasn't been diagnosed with crf but it's probably only a matter of time.  Wish I'd bought more than 12 pouches now!  I ordered a small bag of the dry too to use as treats.  Jaffa doesn't taste dry food - just swallows it whole - so no surprise that he likes them.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 10:33:07 AM »
Ooops looks like Groucho's ordering Fred's fud now!  :evillaugh:

:rofl:

That's a shame - esp as you ordered so many of them!

sounds like they might be good for Jaffa though as he doesn't specifically need renal food but just senior food with low phosphorus level.  As he will be 14 on 6th June, I'm keen to make sure I'm not putting too much load on his kidneys, esp as he has had high urea and creatinine readings previously (high end of normal, not diagnosed crf)

Offline Groucho

• Kitten
  • Slave to: No-one!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 09:27:14 AM »
Don't be misled by the following phrase on website...........

Helps support renal health with phosphorus levels reduced to 0.6%

Just spoke with someone at Royal Canin.  This is not a product for cats with existing kidney problems so no good for Fred unless he absolutely refuses to eat the special Renal diet food  :(  The actual RC packaging doesn't mention anything about supporting renal health altho low phos is helpful.  Packaging talks about joint health in older cats.  Great pity coz Fred really likes it  :(  Looks like the others are in for a treat coz can't be bothered returning it.  I shudda dun me homework better.....

Ooops looks like Groucho's ordering Fred's fud now!  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 09:28:02 AM by Groucho »
I love Dweemies .....

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 22:40:38 PM »
Oooerr, I've not seen those ones before, I think they must be a new addition to the RC range!  PAH don't sell them all anyway, annoyingly - they've never sold the oral mature sachets which is what Milly has been eating.  I've been trying to get mine off the RC wet food though, which they love, because it's just ludicrous to be paying about £1 a sachet.  But Geoffrey is still on the light pouches because they seem to be the best thing for keeping his weight down to something sensible.

But you highlighting this did send me over to PAH where I discovered they're doing a short-term special offer on the dry RC cat food - 10kg for £30  :Crazy: :Crazy: It says on the promo that it's on dog food but the discount price came up in the drop down box for the cat food and it has processed my order, so hooray indeed. 

So thanks  :wow:
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 22:41:52 PM by fluffybunny »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 13:36:40 PM »
Freddie is unfortunately relatively late stage CRF.  Been battling to feed the little tyke for ages but have discovered a new trick which involves locking him in here with me and ignoring his squeaks to get out.... until he has finished his meal.  Amazingly it's been working for a few weeks now  :crossed:

If I'd ordered 10 pouches he would love it and the special offer would disappear in a flash.  Coz I've ordered 50, he'll probably gobble up the 1st pack like it's the most delishuss food from the gods (like they do jus ta wind us up) .... and then walk away from all subsequent pouches and the special offer will last for 12 months  :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 10:16:42 AM »
Might be exactly the same stuff of course in a different packet  :evillaugh:

Very possible!

I try to keep Jaffa's food low in phosphorus because his kidney values are on the high side although not diagnosed as crf.  He mainly has senior foods but I've found he will eat integra renal food from zooplus so if he will eat this too it will be another low phosphorus food to add to the variety.  Hope Fred likes it given that you've ordered 50 pouches!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 09:46:57 AM »
Thanks for that Susanne.  I've just ordered 50 pouches.  Hope Fred likes it.  It'll make a nice alternative to Fred's R C renal food.  Might be exactly the same stuff of course in a different packet  :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Anyone seen RC 12+ pouches for sale? PAH?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 08:29:45 AM »
Wondered if anyone has seen the RC 12+ pouches in PAH or similar?  They are not on the PAH website - anyone noticed whether they sell them in store?  I don't normally buy RC wet food because I think it is an extortionate price for a not very good quality food, but I'm tempted to try the 12+ pouches on Jaffa due to the low phosphorus content.  If he will eat them it is another one to throw into the mix.

http://www.seapets.co.uk/products/cat-supplies/cat-food/cat-food-pouches/royal-canin-pouches/royal-canin-cat-ageing-12-plus-pouch-85g.html?ref=googlebase

Link to CatChat