Author Topic: Anyone fancy contacting this 'cat health' website about their declawing info?  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
:thanks: JS & BM 
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
good stuff
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Posted this: Have to agree with the comment below. The fact that you have listed declawing a cat for scratching is appalling. You have to accept there may be a level of damage to your furnishings if you take on an animal that is predatory and by nature feels it needs to mark his or her territory in this way.

Please reconsider what you have written. I'm a qualified feline behaviourist and I can honestly say I can't think of one reason I'd recommend the practice. It's cruel, barbaric and a cat can suffer a lot of health and psychological issues if they are subjected to the operation.

Thought I'd use the qualification to sound more authoritative..... ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
the only problem is that now i've posted i dont dare "unlike" the page just in case the comment disappears  :naughty:
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
unfortunately you have to "like" the FB page before you can comment on the page.

I think I get that  :evillaugh:

I am determined to never use 'social networking' sites as I spend too much time on the computer as it is.

Thanks  :hug:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
ok i did it  ;)

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
unfortunately you have to "like" the FB page before you can comment on the page. 

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
There is a link on the middle right hand side.

http://www.cat-health-guide.org/cat-health-guide-blog.html
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 10:52:50 AM by Mark »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Why with a Facebook account? It's not on there. :scared:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Bumping up - Please can someone with a FB account make a comment about how irresponsible it is mentioning declawing without a link to a site that tells it as it is? - also that declawing has nothing whatsoever to do with cat health and that it is banned in most countries  >:(

Thanks  :shy:

I did sign up for facebook at the beginning but never used it so don't have a clue  :shy: - OH asked me something about tagging last night and I didn't have the foggiest idea.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:18:14 AM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
They are very blasé and give it in their list of options for dealing with claws. Although they say it is like cutting a finger off at the joint, they are very matter-of-fact about it  >:(. This website was put up in 2010.

http://www.cat-health-guide.org/cat-claws.html

It has very little to do with cat health and a lot to do with selfish, ignorant owners  >:(

Link to CatChat