Author Topic: Any update on Pussy from Wales?..........Now she is Leonie  (Read 9099 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Any update on Pussy from Wales?
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 15:13:23 PM »
I cant Liz cos dont have full name or address. Yes and I agree Liz and so wanted to take a step back and just hear how Pussy was doing. I am a failure and a wreck  :(

I wonder if she has souflee but unless her phone is down and mobile cos she has my landline number and mobile number.

Does she have hamsters too?

Maybe Pussy would like them better than any cat  :shify: :shify:

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 13:02:01 PM »
If it is any consolation Lau has not been on the hamster forums either and she normally is so I am thinking she has problems with her internet or line maybe?
I hope you will hear soon xx
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 10:50:05 AM »
Gill have you tried directory enquiries for a landline number

Gill folks have to do what they think is best for settling in and we have to respect that no matter how desperate we are for news - have the folks who met Lau for the handover got a contact number for her may be worth trying
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2011, 10:36:39 AM »
I dont want updates in a few days cos its too worrying and I need to be able to sleep and Lau told me I could ring her anytime but I cant cos dont have the number!

I must correct this as I meant that updates on the forum are OK in a few days but she had agreed to keep me updated.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 15:08:40 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2011, 10:34:45 AM »
Just to say when we moved on vets advice my young cats and ferals were given ACP and all travelled well and Gill I do have d=some very nice domestic cats not just my beloved ferals and Charlie and Echo are domestic kittens only Pagan was feral she is now a purrpot

If Lau is busy then she must be given time to settle everyone in and not cyberstalked she will update when she can and am sure if things wern't going well then she would be asking for help

Gill I have no issues with your views but folks use what is best and everything I use here at the Clan has been under vets advise and guidance and not on a whim - I get all my Zylkene from the vet not off line so the vets know who it is for and why

Gill it is so hard to part with them and we never think a new home is best for them but at the end of the day we have to let them go and blossom under another parents care :hug:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 10:31:49 AM »
In fairness when Lau posted on Saturday after she got home with Pussy she did say I'll update in a few days so the fact that she hasn't posted yet should not in itself be a cause for worry but I do understand your concern Gill having been in a similar situation with Penny last year.  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 10:26:50 AM »
No sleep at all last night cos this is playing on my mind, so hope I hear soon too JS  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 10:12:40 AM »
I definitely would use rescue remedy or feliway to help a cat settle. But I think actually medicating a cat can cause more stress than it benefits. Just an opinion.

Hope Lau is in touch soon. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 00:12:56 AM »
The 3 in my house aren't feral, they were just stressed but of course I respect your views regarding kittens and medicine.

Lau probably just has her hands full trying to settle in Pussy as well as tend to her other cats. When you work full time and have numerous animals to look after plus newbies that require special treatment you don't get a lot of free time...hence why I'm posting on here at gone midnight after just putting the feral babies to bed :)
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 00:00:16 AM »
Maybe Steff but she is not feral and I really dont think kittens should have medicine pushed into them just because they are not happy with the smell of other cats.

However this is all beside the point as what I need is to know how Pussy is  :(

Hells Bells there are elephants in the attic bedroom!

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 23:58:56 PM »
 :hug: Gill - I know what its like waiting for information on a cat you have fostered, especially when you are not entirely certain that the news will be good.  I really hope Pussy settles and I'm sure Lau wants the best for her just as you do and will be prepared to think again if things don't work out.

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 23:52:55 PM »
Gill, the things Liz mentioned could just help Pussy settle with Lau's other cats. All 3 (feliway,RR and zylkene) just help calm them. The balanace on my home was upset when Soap joined and I had to use them to make evryone happy, in particular Marble. I have also used Kalm Aid with the feral kittens which my vet recommended as an alternative to zylkene and it has helped to calm them.

Time will also be a big thing as Pussy has only been there a few days and has had to travel as well so a lot of unsetteling. Hopefully by the time you hear from Lau again things will have started to calm down. I know its hard but try not to worry hun x
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 23:41:30 PM »
Liz I cant comment on what is right for your kittens but Pussy was a well adjusted kitten here and she wasnt feral, no problems except the others didnt like her and she recipricated to their stares! She had no problems with their scent which was all around her.

I am not happy for that kind of period of adjustment, if it takes that long in an ordinary house its not right for Pussy.

As for the travelling I dont believe in sedation and havent met any vet that does either.

Pussy wasnt doing anything but beggin for me to look at her and she wanted attention which is kinda hard  when driving   :innocent:

She wanted to play with my arm and to go home. She was covered with a towel but kept pulling it off lol.

Pussy also doesnt need zykline although felaway may help but again she didnt need that here. Its not Pussy who is the problem but the envronment must be right and thats what I need to know.

Your kittens are in a different situation to Pussy cos they had no where else to go and Pussy was only looking for a home for a day or two and I  hoped and still hope that Laus home is the right one for her but as I said if it doesnt work am willing to bring her back and start again.

From my point of view its very important that Pussy is in a home where she is happy very quickly like she was from the beginning here and if that means no other cats, so be it.

I admire what you are able to do Liz and all those who are able to foster which is something I patently couldnt do and that is what Lau found too, hence the offer of a permanent home for Pussy.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 22:46:03 PM »
Would love an update on Pussy when Lau has five minutes. She's a beautiful girl and I know how much you love her, Gill. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 20:58:54 PM »
Gill I am sure she will be fine Lau wouldn't have offered her a home without due process

I have Gigi Skye here she hated other cats to start wioth a 7 months on is now one of the Clan and does play and chase the others - she still doesn't like the kittens though but they each have a feral minder who usually just gets between them we have no bloodshed or fur - it takes time for them to settle and any journey is stressful thats why I use the nice yellow pills for long journeys the cats sleep for up to 5 hours makes it a quieter journey and they wake up in their new environment - I use Feliway and RR in the water and always have Zylkene to hand

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 20:29:04 PM »
I can see many of you would love an update on Pussy.

I will preface what I am going to say that I cant contact Lau and dont know if she has any problems at her end.

Pussy was not happy when she was being transported and clearly did not want to go any where, she shouted with her tiny little voice all the way with me and it broke my heart.

I know the others have said they didnt hear her  but she was in the back of the car and its very hard , if not impossible to hear her from there.

I know Lau offered her a lovely home but there are more cats still there than I knew about and from what Lau has told me Pussy was not happy with the scent of the other cats to the extent that in the room that was prepared for her, Pussy would not leave her carrier, which she hated and at the first opportunity Pussy made a run for it out of that room. She has refused to go back.

She went into the bathroom and onto the wwindow sill in there and Lau made room for her, however the next day.......Sunday..........Pussy ran out of there too and went downstairs to investigate and Lau was going to try her in another room but I dont know what happened cos I have had no reply to my emails.

I am desperate to know how Pussy is doing and whether she is anymore settled and I just know that she needs loads of human attention.

I have pmed Lau again  to night and told her that she should not feel bad if Pussy is really unhappy despite her efforts because I will take her back if necessary and look for another home without cats.

All I want is Pussy to be the happy little girl that was here.

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
  • Slave to: Paolo and Murphy
Any update on Pussy from Wales?..........Now she is Leonie
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 16:26:32 PM »
Forgive me if there is an update on how Pussy is settling into her new home somewhere else...if there is I can't find it but am not a Purrs regular so may be looking in the wrong places  :doh:

Although I didn't have the pleasure of Pussy's company on the transport run I did get to meet the beautiful girl while transferring the gorgeous Freddie over to Gill and just fell in love with her  :Luv2:

I've seen updates on Freddie on Facebook and he's settling so well into his new home that I got to wondering how Pussy was doing.

Anyone know?

Thanks  ;D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 13:50:44 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Link to CatChat