Author Topic: any ideas what this could be???  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Elanor3

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Indie, Ember, Fig
Re: any ideas what this could be???
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 17:49:06 PM »
Thanks.  I advised a vet visit but thought I would ask  :) she is worried about him as he has several now in his left eye.   :scared:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 12:15:33 PM »
My bridge baby Max had a couple of those, I took him to the vet and they said it was a burst blood vessel in his eye.  We had to use drops just in case there as anything going on, they had had a few of those over the years.  He then got them again when he was older, but this was related to his blood pressure and ongoing kidney/thyroid issues, so its always worth getting these things checked out by a vet, just to be on the safe side  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 10:58:02 AM »
our old cat bluto had one appear in his early teens - the vet said he must have always had it (which he didn't) and dismissed it - he did die of kidney cancer a couple of years later but I don't think it was connected

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 10:55:55 AM »
i would get a vet visit next week, depending on what colour he is it is likely pigmentation, but my neighbours cat had a dark spot on his eye for years, and it turned cancerous and he lost his eye.
Please spay your cat

Offline Elanor3

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Indie, Ember, Fig
any ideas what this could be???
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 10:51:24 AM »
Hi guys, I will get straight to the point as i am on nights and haven't slept yet  :tired:

I work with someone who has a male cat approx 7-9 years old.  she has noticed that lately he has got what have been described to me as "black dots" in one of his eyes.  doesn't seem to be causing him any pain but does anyone know what this could be??

Link to CatChat