Author Topic: Anyone got a 'Lucky Kitty' ceramic fountain?  (Read 5005 times)

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
Re: Anyone got a 'Lucky Kitty' ceramic fountain?
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 12:28:57 PM »
Thanks Mark.

I googled and it was only ZooPlus selling them, was quite worried about the fact is says you need an adapter in the UK

I didn't bother replacing the pump this time, as you say the plastic started looking a bit rubbish, - I also hated cleaning the  :censored:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 13:21:56 PM »
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_bowls_feeders/cat_fountains/146304

Looks like they have gone up in the last 2 weeks. They were all £44.60  :shify: - I can't find any other sellers online. Pricey for a china bowl with a pump  :Crazy:
My only concern with these is that they don't have a transformer, so the full mains power goes into the (submerged) pump  :scared:

You can get new pumps for the drinkwell for under £10 delivered, but I have found that even descaling them, the plastic gets worn & rough over time.

http://www.rlpetproducts.co.uk/store/cats/brands/drinkwell/

They are quite ugly though  :evillaugh:

I have seen a couple of stainless steel ones but no seller in the UK (the drinkwell 360 is available in s/s in America)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 13:29:26 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 12:55:22 PM »
Ooohh I like that one, do you have a link to it?

Our platium fountain has packed up so we got rid, I didn't know whether to reorder a fountain or not, Jess (who it was brought for) doesn't use it but Milo liked it.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 23:45:24 PM »
I think the feng shui could go haywire if OH gets his way. Kylie is turning into such a soppy, cuddly cat but there is a certain 'special needs' cat called Tommy that OH keeps on about. As much as I want to says yes, I don't want to upset her. She stayed on the bed all night last night  :Luv2:

http://www.romneyhousecatrescue.org.uk/special-needs/1/

I would also need to find out the story with Dolly as we can't see her on the site and it say they are close  :shify:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 23:22:59 PM »
 :rofl: Silly daddy, not realising the feng shui was wrong with the fountain in the old location.  :hug:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 23:18:53 PM »
I moved it to the kitchen and she is using it  ;D

She was drinking so I went to get the camera. I managed to take one shot before she walked off.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 23:19:49 PM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 23:21:38 PM »
This this one went down like a lead balloon  :tired:

So much so, I was worried about her getting dehydrated. I cleaned the platinum pump out as much as I could but it still isn't running properly - I will have to order a new one and see if Alice wants the Lucky Kitty.

The cheapest place I found a pump is R&L Pet Products - about £6 + £3 postage. I know that is where VetUK get theirs from, as once I bought a fountain from VetUK and the pump didn't work. I emailed them and a replacement was sent from R&L.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 09:56:02 AM »
I did order one for Clapton, but it didn't arrive. When I contacted them after a week, they said that the Paypal transaction was cancelled (I use Paypal as it saves me the trouble of typing in card details  :evillaugh: ). That was around the time Clapton died so I didn't bother reordering - Then, Kylie's Drinkwell started playing up so I thought the Lucky Kitty would be easier to clean. Kylie is using it but I don't think she is very impressed. You get a tiny gurgle of water coming out - unless I have set it up wrong  :-: - we are both concerned about lack of transformer. I wanted to see if anyone knew about electrics and if one of those trip switches might make it safer.

We have RCDs in the fuse box so not sure if one is needed, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RCD-Power-Circuit-Breaker-Socket-Plug-Safety-Switch-/140334475536?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Electrical_Fittings_MJ&hash=item20ac962910
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:03:37 AM by Mark »

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 01:42:21 AM »
Am I losing the plot or did you not buy one ages ago? I am sure this fountain was posted and then I totally NEEDED one, but luckily the white was not in stock.  :rofl:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Anyone got a 'Lucky Kitty' ceramic fountain?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 14:35:56 PM »
It was just delivered a while ago. I am a bit concerned as they don't have a transformer like the Drinkwell ones. The mains lead goes straight into the pump and therefore is immersed  :scared:. I am worried that if the cord gets damaged, the full voltage will go into the water. There might be something explaining it, but all the leaflets etc are in German.

+ the trickle of water isn't very impressive. Not sure what Kylie will think of it. I know if I mention the electricity ting to OH, she won't even be allowed to use it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 14:52:15 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat