Author Topic: Anyone seen Felix senior foil trays available in supermarkets?  (Read 4304 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Anyone seen Felix senior foil trays available in supermarkets?
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 12:18:55 PM »
The only places I have seen them are Wilkinsons and The RAnge (Garden Centre - am sure last time I posted their website there wasnt one near you Mark). I would give the PAH ones a go though, but eating adult food is better for him than not eating at all
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2010, 19:11:43 PM »
Thanks for looking  :hug:

I know they used to sell them. I suppose with so many new products coming out that are being heavily promoted, something has to give  :tired:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 19:04:17 PM »
Only regular foil trays in Morrisons, they had senior pouches next to the trays so it suggests they used to have them but don't anymore.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 17:18:03 PM »
I didn't think about that  :shy: - I just looked and it isn't listed  :tired: - I also checked Asda, Tesco and Ocado on there but no luck, although Ocado have Jelly Specialities listed which Sainsbury's don't have - they have the meat selection though.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 15:49:28 PM »
I'll have a look next time in my Sainsburys. Memphis mostly has foil trays so I always see the senior ones next to it. He needs more anyway - my last lot of food was the 3 boxes of pouches for £7. Have you looked at Sainsburys online to see if it's listed?

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 13:43:32 PM »
Thanks - I will have a look in Wilkinsons . It's a shame Sainsbury's have stopped selling it as the foils are 2 boxes for £5 right now. We don't have B&M down here.

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 13:13:14 PM »
In Poundland they were individual trays 4 for £1, they didn't have the senior ones in stock but there was an empty space on the shelf where I assume they should be.
In B&M they were £2.99 for a box of 12 and in Wilkinsons £3.49 for a box of 12. Both B&M and Wilkinsons had the senior version!
 ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 13:05:22 PM »
Thanks  :) - Were they the senior ones? - were they £1 a box?  :shify: - If so, I will fill the boot  :evillaugh:

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 12:42:12 PM »
Update, they also have the 12 pack boxes of foils in Wilkinson's. They also have the Meaty Loaf boxes, I'm sure someone was asking about them a while ago!!  ;D

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 12:26:00 PM »
Hi Mark
They had the trays in the pound shop, but not the senior version. In B&M stores they have the foil trays 'in jelly' in boxes of 12, including the senior version!
Hope this helps!!
 ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 10:52:32 AM »
I'm sure I've seen these in Poundland or somewhere similar!! I'll check it out when I go on lunch!!  ;D

Oh no - chances are they have bought up the discontinued stock then?

I remember when I couldn't find my favourite St Ives shower gel any more; I think it was called blue lagoon - Someone on here said they saw it in Home Bargains or similar which confirmed they stopped making it.  :( They replaced it with a horrible citrus one. I stupidly bought about 50 bottles on offer in Wilksinsons for my B&B - I still have a couple but I am funny about smells and I can't use it  :evillaugh: - I must remember to use it for handwash refills which I can just about bear to use it for  :evillaugh:

We have a new(ish) poundland in Canterbury where Woolworth's was - I am planning to go some time this week so could stock up.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 10:54:07 AM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 10:47:55 AM »
PAH do foil trays in a senior version - have you tried those?  They are in a blue box.

I will have to check them out - thanks  :)

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 10:43:39 AM »
I'm sure I've seen these in Poundland or somewhere similar!! I'll check it out when I go on lunch!!  ;D

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 10:40:51 AM »
PAH do foil trays in a senior version - have you tried those?  They are in a blue box.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 09:24:17 AM »
I haven't seen the senior foil trays for ages, just the pouches.  I think they may have discontinued them?

That's what I'm thinking  :( - they seem to be concentrating on the rip-off fancy foods premium ones like AGAIL.

The foil trays are totally different to the pouches - I have found that if I mash it with a fork, he will eat it. He literally licked a plate clean yesterday (over the course of the morning) which is almost unheard of  :Crazy: - another one I bought on the off-chance is Sainsbury's own alutrays - they are only about £2.15 for 12 and they went down well too  ;D - they don't do a senior version though. Felix is the only brand where I trust that the senior version is lower phos as I have seen the figures on Tanya's CRF site. I have to compromise as he really isn't keen on renal so only eats a bit. He is already beginning to fill out again and has lost the tremor so I can't afford to leave renal down and nothing else. He is also pinching Kylie's Hill's senior light biscuits - again at 0.64% phos, not perfect but a lot better than most dry foods - in fact the same amount as Beaphar renal dry.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 09:17:48 AM »
I'm nipping into the Morrisons next to college on my way home for Sheba for Iffie/Grace so if I remember I'll have a look for you.

Thanks Shona  :) - I rarely go to Morrisons but would make a trip to stock up. I used to go when I went to PAH but I rarely go there thesedays - especially since Cat's Best OKO is cheaper from VetUK.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 08:40:50 AM »
I haven't seen the senior foil trays for ages, just the pouches.  I think they may have discontinued them?

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 08:40:31 AM »
I'm nipping into the Morrisons next to college on my way home for Sheba for Iffie/Grace so if I remember I'll have a look for you.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Anyone seen Felix senior foil trays available in supermarkets?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 08:22:37 AM »
Last week, I saw the adult ones on offer in Sainsbury's and got some for Kylie - they didn't have the senior (they used to sell it) so I assumed they had sold out. Kylie only has one tray a day so I thought the adult would be fine for her. I gave Clapton a bit and he cleared the dish  :Crazy: - I remembered buying it a couple of years ago in Waitrose - we went to Ramsgate on Saturday so I thought I would have a look - they seem to have stopped selling it as well. Then we went to a big Sainsbury's and they had none either  :tired:

It would be a good compromise food (to renal) for Clapton so would be good if I could find some.

Link to CatChat