Author Topic: Any Petsearch Volunteers out there.....???  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Any Petsearch Volunteers out there.....???
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 13:47:23 PM »
 :innocent:

hope you're enjoyng it! :rofl:

good article

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 21:12:27 PM »
Nice article ... well done you and good idea putting it on Facebook.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2010, 20:38:32 PM »
I thought DiddyDawn had a parrot - from memory anyway so I could be wrong!?!http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?action=post;topic=32480.0;num_replies=3

I have spoken to the owner and got a bit more information (i.e. she is fully tame and will sit on you if you have food etc etc) so have put this with my L&F notices in case anyone does come across her.  I do have some friends in the area so have asked them to keep a look out.  The owner has already put up posters and leafleted so I couldn't really give him anymore advice but he was fine and really just wanted to have her logged as missing with as many people as possible.  Sometimes just word of mouth is enough (have a little look at my newspaper article, its on page 17 - http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/Launch.aspx?referral=other&refresh=o03W12ZekE07&PBID=ff4d9265-8301-48f4-9713-b817725cb069;D
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 19:42:01 PM »
OMG a Parrot ... no idea how you would get that back.  I'm guessing it flew out of an open window?

Not sure of anyone that has parrots on here ... don't think birds and cats are usually a good mix (of course no doubt we will get lots of posts to prove me wrong now! lol)

Even if you saw him/her I would have no idea how you would go about catching it  :'(

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 18:01:34 PM »
Thank for you kind words Sam :)

I'm finding it quite quiet on here at the moment but I'm sure it will just ake me a little while to get back into things on - plus I don't get much time on here cos of work etc.  But I see some great things have been going on since I have been away, wonderful fundraising and stuff which I really need to get involved in.  Plus it ould be great to catch up with Dawn and Gill (the old gang I remember - I've already heard from Teresa).

I have another lost and found query you may be able to help me with.  I received a call today about a missing parrot (I will post a message on the L&F board) again I have no clue about parrots but just wondered if you had any tips or if you knew anyone else on here who has a parrot and could give me some advice to pass on to the owner.  I'm not sure where all these exotic animals are coming from, but first a tortoise and now a parrot!!!

Steff xx

Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 22:45:11 PM »
Hi ya,

Not a Petsearch volunteer but I do pass on the hints and tips to everyone that lists a lost kitty on the National Pet Register and Catchat.

It's great to have you back on board and hopefully you will get a good response to your article etc and get lost more volunteers  :hug:

Sam xxx

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
Any Petsearch Volunteers out there.....???
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 23:31:47 PM »
Hi All

I am currently busy trying to resurrect my local Petsearch group and it would be great to hear from other Petsearch volunteers (I'm pretty sure it was Angela from Covats who got me into it a good few years ago now - but I may be wrong).  I had an article in the local paper this week (http://edition.pagesuite-professional.co.uk/Launch.aspx?referral=other&refresh=o03W12ZekE07&PBID=ff4d9265-8301-48f4-9713-b817725cb069) check out page 17.  I am currently in contact with local vets and rescues to get them involved and have already had two responses today.  I have also set up a Facebook group (www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=120124541355043)

It would just be good to hear what others are doing and share any hints/tips/info :)

Hope to hear from you all soon.

Steff xx
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

Link to CatChat