Author Topic: Thinking of getting another cat ....  (Read 3135 times)

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
Re: Thinking of getting another cat ....
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2010, 00:04:46 AM »
need a name that is similiar  :shify:

LOL - No flies on you!!  Heh heh!

Chandon perhaps! :rofl:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2010, 21:16:17 PM »
Yes, will have to put some thought into that one. Shadow gets the guilts when I am rousing on Smidgen as it is ... :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2010, 20:38:18 PM »
need a name that is similiar  :shify:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 19:47:33 PM »
Indeed. It would get very confusing. Besides when I call Shadow I already get two cats bounding through the undergrowth towards me, in case they are missing out on something ... :Luv:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 19:45:49 PM »
 :shocked: :( :shify: :sneaky: :evillaugh: Hope they dont miss her, could do with a name change though!  :innocent: :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2010, 07:33:35 AM »
Erm, it seems she has a name. She is called (wait for it) Shadow! She lives in a house behind the restaurant, but apparently they neglect her badly (though I have to say she is looking remarkably healthy for a neglected act). They have had her speyed, so they can't be all bad. But this means that kidnapping her will not involve a main street public display as our quilting group will be meeting just around the corner from her home as of next month :evillaugh:

I think I will take her, and if they advertise her, will return her to her yard, discreetly. If they don't advertise, then I will keep her.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 23:31:53 PM »
I'm glad there are no kittens too.  Hope all goes well at the vet and then you can name her  ;) :rofl:

Mary

P.S. - Have the brooches arrived yet Jo?
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 21:01:04 PM »
Glad there's no kittens as Im sure you are!  :wow: :hug:

I'd say she will be very food orientated so getting her in the box should hopefully go okay!  ;) :hug:

Good luck with the vet check when you manage to coax her that is!  :sneaky:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 20:47:26 PM »
Bit of an update. Spent some time with the little girl yesterday in the park. She definitely does not have kittens (no sign of mammary enlargement at all) and is very flirtaceous.

She allowed me to pick her up but resisted me carrying her two steps to the seat. And jumped off my lap when I sat down. So getting her into a box will require a little patience, but not much. She did not use her claws, just muscular body language to say 'I am not happy with this'. Will stop and have a chat with the new people at the former restaurant. When I pick her up I will have the vet check if she is at all familiar or if she has a microchip, so if she turns out to belong to someone they will know where she is.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2010, 05:51:16 AM »
i would say get the mum in to be spayed ASAP, and the kittens in for rehoming ASAP.

Thanks Firefox, I will keep an eye on things, but I really can not act right now. If you look at my thread (the project - aka marron house) you will get a better idea of the present living circumstances. They are not conducive to introducing a new cat and getting her settled in. Next week, for example i have a roof going on and the following week an electrician rewiring the old part of the house and running new wires in the extension. I hear what you are saying, but there are limits to what I can do right now.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 23:02:11 PM »
sounds good bc.....gosh is autumn there already!

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 22:41:00 PM »
i would say get the mum in to be spayed ASAP, and the kittens in for rehoming ASAP.
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 21:34:50 PM »
Yep, 24 today, according to the forecast  :evillaugh:

The evenings are cooling down at bit in preparation for autumn, but the worst we have had so far was 4 degrees which is quite OK compared to what you lot have been enduring. There are a lot of empty buildings (falling down stone barns etc) in the town, so no shortage of shelter for a wee girl.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2010, 20:32:55 PM »
Keep forgetting where you are and its Summer at your end!!!  :doh: :evillaugh:

Good on you anyway Jo!  :Luv2: :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 20:28:01 PM »
The only 'finished' room doesn't have a door yet, and I am yet to seal the timber floor. The two back rooms that I assumed were catproof evidently are not, as I shut Smidgen in to keep the dog company the other day when I went out. When I came home, Smidgen greeted me on the driveway. :shify: Besides I make all manner of terrifying noises (power tools, hammering) in there during the day which would do little to help her settle in at present. She seems happy, healthy and confident at present, so she is not really in any major danger that I can see, unless the new proprietors take a dislike to her (hence the need to have a chat with them). I can use the time to let her get used to me picking her up and so on so that the removal is not too traumatic for us both. As for the age of the kittens - no idea, just a passing reference to two kittens in conversation with a newcomer to town (the new proprietors). I will head into their shop this afternoon for a browse and a chat.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2010, 20:13:54 PM »
Well Done bc, what a lovely thing to do.....Its obviousl your gonna....Is there no rooms in your house that are finished yet....Just so you could pop a box, litter tray etc in? Hope you manage to find the kittens....how old approx are they, were you told of that?  :shify: ;) :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2010, 19:37:48 PM »
But I don't want her to have to face winter on the streets, so am seriously considering picking her up, popping her in the car, and taking her home with me, so she can be spayed, fed and given a warm pozzy for winter. What do you reckon? (silly question, I know).

And you ask this question on here:Crazy: ;)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 19:08:38 PM »
Gill, if I can find the kittens, I will look after them also - get them down to the Cat Centre for rehoming. Have yet to sight them myself, have only learned of them yesterday by hearsay. Will have a chat to the new proprietors about finding them and getting them into care.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 18:45:18 PM »
Umm what about her kittens?

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 12:37:19 PM »
well like you say silly question!! You are an intellegent woman bc, you know the score and I'm sure you will do everything to make sure Smidgen, Esther and the stray get off to a good footing

What she said!  ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 11:47:40 AM »
BC, even if your cats aren't ecstatic about another cat in the house, maybe as this girl is used to "living rough" she could have a good source of shelter, warmth, food and interaction on your land.

To be honest, though I think you'd manage to integrate them fine. ;) :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 10:54:06 AM »
Well done you for looking out for her BC  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 10:42:10 AM »
well like you say silly question!! You are an intellegent woman bc, you know the score and I'm sure you will do everything to make sure Smidgen, Esther and the stray get off to a good footing

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Thinking of getting another cat ....
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 10:33:32 AM »
There is a little black and white cat who used to live out the back of one of the restaurants in town. The restaurant has closed and been replaced by an antique shop so the poor girl no longer has a ready source of food. She is sort of the town cat, in that everyone knows her, but no-one is individually responsible for her (It really is a very small village by your standards, what I call town). As a consequence she currently has at least two kittens that she is also feeding, despite the loss of her major food source. She is in good condition and very affectionate. I can't do anything about her until I am in the house as I don't have anywhere to keep her, but hopefully I will be in in less than two months. I can, however sneak her food when I am in town.

How do you reckon Smidgen and Esther will cope with a new addition to the family? :scared:

But I don't want her to have to face winter on the streets, so am seriously considering picking her up, popping her in the car, and taking her home with me, so she can be spayed, fed and given a warm pozzy for winter. What do you reckon? (silly question, I know).

Link to CatChat