Author Topic: Anyone heard of Lifelong Pet insurance?  (Read 1480 times)

Offline jennyk

• Adult Cat
Re: Anyone heard of Lifelong Pet insurance?
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 11:23:21 AM »
My vets advertise for them alot i done a quote for pippa (our dog) just a Mongrel she was 6 months at the time no previous health problems & they quoted me £24 a month i hung Up pretty quick lol x

lol that is a lot of money! :) Lifelong are ok but I recently changed over to cover by healthy pets as they offer the best deal for the money. Maybe worth a look?

Hope that helps x
Jenny K

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 17:18:02 PM »
I think Noni should be and is the cheapest for insurance cover out of our six due to her age (she's 3 years old so not too young and certainly not old) and no health ishoos so I got a quote....

For £6,000 vet fees cover they have quoted £16.78 per month with an excess of £80 (that includes a 10% online discount  :shocked: )

compared to

£7,000 vet fees cover with Axa that I am paying £5.83 per month with an excess of £50.

I don't think I'll be moving just yet  :shify:

ETA  I don;t like this part of policy either....

Dental treatment is normally excluded except where specifically to relieve suffering provided the cat has been insured under this policy for at least two years.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 17:24:32 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline zoe (tiggy + pipins mum)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 17:06:48 PM »
My vets advertise for them alot i done a quote for pippa (our dog) just a Mongrel she was 6 months at the time no previous health problems & they quoted me £24 a month i hung Up pretty quick lol x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Anyone heard of Lifelong Pet insurance?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 16:08:01 PM »
www.lifelong-vet.co.uk (Underwritten by Pinnacle Insurance)

I picked up a leaflet in the vets last wek. It sounds similar to Petplan/Axa

Main benefits are £6,000 per year. They also send you a £25 voucher each year to use towards boosters etc.

They give a few examples such as 5 year old Moggie in Croydon £14.43 a month (which works out to £11 something if you allow for the £25 back)

ETA - I just went to do a test quote to compare Alice's insurance and they don't insure cats over 10 years old.  :tired:
Therefore Axa are still my favourites  :evillaugh:

« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 16:10:20 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat