Author Topic: Anyone have a Freshflow fountain?  (Read 3527 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Anyone have a Freshflow fountain?
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 11:49:03 AM »
The good thing about getting another one the same is she was like a duck cat to water  :evillaugh:

This is the Junk room Den
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 11:49:48 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2009, 19:45:09 PM »
OMG! That's really awful!  :(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 19:22:05 PM »
I saw the 360 on VetUK website today and considered buying one but decided to stick to what I know. If it is anything like the platinum, although it is mains - the power goes through a transformer so only a very small current goes into the motor which in turn is sealed and totally submersible. I can't imagine how that could have happened but poor cat  :'(

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline madasacatter

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 19:07:13 PM »
Never been comfortable mixing electrics and water!

Found this on an American site:_

We recently purchased the Drinkwell 360 Fountain because we have multiple cats and dogs and had read great reviews on the product. We had been happy with it until last week. On Friday my 13 year old daughter found one of our cats dead. It turns out that his tongue was black as if it had been burned and the autopsy showed that he had been electrocuted. The injuries the cat sustained from this were consistent with electrocution with water. Early Friday morning we had had an electrical storm and had experienced brown outs and the only thing we could come up with was that our one year old orange tabby was drinking from the fountain and there was a power surge and electricity arced to our cat. We inspected every power cord in the house for bite marks to see if maybe it had been from that, but we found none. Our cat was an indoor cat and we are devastated and my daughter is traumatized. We have boxed up the Drinkwell and will be returning it to to the retailer.

It concerns the 360 model intended for dogs and cats.
Coventry Cat Group

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 16:11:17 PM »
I am also going to buy an outdoor extension lead and leave it outside during the day to save me turning on the garden tap to order  :evillaugh: (I can use it to vac the car as well  :) 0

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 16:00:08 PM »
Good choice me thinks  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 15:42:36 PM »
I ordered another platinum.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 15:02:13 PM »
We already have a platinum and it is good but I just wondered about the freshflow. I suppose I should stick with what I know. I agree VetUK price is excellent.   :)

I just want a second one as Willow has to cross Alice's path to get to it and I'm sure she would prefer her own  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 15:02:29 PM by Mark »

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 14:55:57 PM »
I've never had a Freshflow one, but we have the platinum one and its well worth it, especially at VetUK prices.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Anyone have a Freshflow fountain?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 13:50:00 PM »
I am tempted to get one at PAH this afternoon but common sense tells me I should order a another Drinkwell Platinum from VetUK - Not sure if the flow of water is good enough with the freshflow?

It bought the other one a couple of years ago where the water goes over a 1/2 sphere but none of the cats would go near it.

Link to CatChat