Author Topic: Anyone else have a cat that won't touch meat?  (Read 1918 times)

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
Re: Anyone else have a cat that won't touch meat?
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2009, 13:51:01 PM »
Of my 2, Amber (the larger and a bit of a food bully) won't eat meat, although she always gets really interested just because she doesn't want Chilli to have something she hasn't got! Once its there in front of her, she won't eat it. Chilli on the other hand goes nuts for it - especially raw mince. Whenever we have mince, we have to seperate a bit for her and a bit for the Oscars (fish!)

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009, 08:55:11 AM »
The other 3 drive me mad with it. I cooked a chicken last night and about 10 minutes after in went in the oven, Alice started getting really vocal and Clapton parked himself in the hall where he eats  :Crazy: - When I took it out of the oven, Willow was on the counter trying to sniff it even though it was red hot. I was tring to break pieces off and cool them to get the cats off my back while I was sorting out the rest of the meal. I gave Clapton a dish but Willow pushed him out of the way to get to it - even though she had her own  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 22:53:25 PM »
I risk life and limb everytime I cook meat.  Raw cooked, any sort - they both go mad for it.  Well, Jaffa goes mad for it.  Mosi likes it but I don't feel like my life is in danger from him.  I nearly got trampled to death by Jaffa tonight when he realised I had salmon.  (un)Fortunately it was only my glass of wine that copped it.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009, 22:23:54 PM »
Mine all eat meat - four or five years ago they were all addicted to dry food, now they all eat most types of raw meat and the 'meatier' types of wet cat food - with just a handful of dry (Applaws or Hi-Life) as a night time treat.  :)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 21:51:48 PM »
Our Milly is a fussy eater, she likes Hi-Life tuna pouches and that is about all the meatiness she will have...she used to eat chicken and ham but not any more! She goes crazy for Purina One dry though!  ;D

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 19:52:29 PM »
Ours will all eat human food, meat, cheese, prawns - Our dear departed boy Moose loved garlic Nan, Thye late Toerag and Tiger often had a chicken vindaloo with their Dad!

Peanut will eat human meat but only eats dried food - she spent the first 2 years of her life only eating Purina kitten food, she now will eat most dried foods but will not touch wet cat food for love nor money!

Sparkle and Archie both love cheese in fact Robin lost half the cheese from his salad in an Archie paw attack tonight! :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009, 15:53:56 PM »
None of mine will touch it apart from Monty who would happily eat anything!

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009, 15:17:53 PM »
Smartie won''t eat anything but his whiskers and biscuits- tried him on ham, chicken, beef, mince, fish, pork ,turkey , salmon.,tuna -everything over the years  and he just isn''t interested.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 13:15:21 PM »
Harry Piddle Pants doesnt really eat any human food at all,  he likes his cat biscuits and the odd bit of wet food but never eats any leftovers or treats,  he even turns his nose up at Prawns and Tuna ! :shocked:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 13:18:28 PM by Daisymac »

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 12:09:34 PM »
Byron just really likes chicken (and liver flavoured foods) , she's not fussed about anything else
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 09:39:08 AM »
I have tried but she just isn't interested in any form of real meat  :evillaugh: - she loves white fish (especially coley) but won't touch Salmon.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 09:24:58 AM »
Boy is not a picky eater but he never eats red meat or white meat except cooked ck from waitrose ;D He also doesnt like prawns or white fish but loves salmon! The only thing he loooves is blue cheese and yogurt, well reading this myself you could say he eats healthy but he is huge :evillaugh:
May be you can try her on row meat and see if she likes it?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Anyone else have a cat that won't touch meat?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 09:16:29 AM »
We had a lovely beef joint last night. 3 of them were going crazy to get some but Kylie isn't remotely interested in real meat. Funny that with her size, when I ran the B&B, people would say things like "I bet she eats all the leftovers" etc but she is a really picky eater (not that I would have allowed her to eat sausages etc). So while the others tucked into pink "taste the difference" beef, She had a Webbox stick  :Crazy: - I even offered her my favourite bit - the dark brown outside bit  :drool; but she turned her nose up  :snooty:

Link to CatChat