Author Topic: Anyone buy Go-Cat wet food?  (Read 1553 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Anyone buy Go-Cat wet food?
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 00:33:37 AM »
Go-cat dry like Whiskas dry is s**t but the wet in both cases is OK but not brilliant. I would feed the wet with a premium dry.

Go-cat ingredients are listed the same as Felix - ie they have a lot more fish in them than Whiskas wet.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 00:37:36 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 22:36:12 PM »
I thought Go-Cat wasn't particularly good food; am I wrong?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 22:34:09 PM »
Our one is useless - they keep putting stuff out and not putting the prices on - I should email their head office!

Its as bad as our co-op. I went in the other week at 3pm and there were no special offer prices on anything. I asked if the Felix was on offer 2 for £5 as I thought it ended that day. She scanned some and said it was - its crazy taking the prices down at 3pm?

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 21:26:32 PM »
Strange you should say that Mark..... I bought a box of go cat fish pouches in Wilkinsons a few weeks ago and Bonnie loved it.  Can't remember the price but it was on offer and I thought I'd try it for a change instead of Gourmet.  I'll be getting some more next time I go in.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 20:19:06 PM »
If you could find them in bulk, I'm sure they would be cheap as the singles were 37p normal price. I;m sure it is as good as Felix. I checked the can and it said min 4% chicken and 4% tuna.

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Chiana and Salem
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 20:17:43 PM »
we buy them if missy is being extremely fussy we put her on it for few days then shes happy to eat anything again
The world is a dark place because of negativity so lets brighten it up with some possitivity

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 20:14:55 PM »
We do get the sachets and our lot eat them so 43 Clan Cats say yes!

haven't seen the tins though but would buy some if we had a supplier - like to give them choice currently they have an awful lot of choice so no complaints so far this month!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Anyone buy Go-Cat wet food?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 18:43:34 PM »
I sometimes buy random tins of wet food as a treat (like buying myself a double cheeseburger  :evillaugh: ) I got a tin of Go-cat tuna and chicken in Wilkinsons today. it was only 37p - made by Purina so I assume it's no different to Felix? - It went down a bomb  ;D - Clapton, Willow and Alice scoffed the whole can  :Crazy: - they had boxes of pouches on a big display - I assume it is a new offer but there was no price on it. I have never seen the pouches before except when I did a swap with one of the fosterers who only had Purina food.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 18:43:53 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat