Author Topic: Anyone else's furry have a thing with door frames?  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
Re: Anyone else's furry have a thing with door frames?
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 21:22:32 PM »
Amber likes using the door frame to get to the top of the bookcase, she sits on top of the door too!

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 17:28:23 PM »
or he just thinks it's another thing he shouldn't be doing so gives it a go....  :rofl:

I wouldn't put it past Mosi to be doing that!  ;D

I'm not sure whether he's trying to climb or not.  He does it to all the doors  :innocent:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 17:17:56 PM »
Glad to read this as Archie loves jumping up the door frame when he is in a scatty mood. Cant believe how high he jumps :wow:

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 12:10:58 PM »
Bilbo! He used to jump onto the top of the door and go to sleep there in my flat in Leicester, got a nasty shock the first time he did it when he jumped down onto me as I walked through the door! Nearly needed a Tena Lady!  :evillaugh:
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 11:12:51 AM »
Claudius (part abyssinian) would manage to get himself on top of the door where he could lie and look down on the world. Perhaps that is what Mosi is trying to do? He loved to stretch out along the top of the door like a lioness in a tree, spare legs drooping gracefully down either side. Sometimes he would jump down onto the shoulders of passing people, which could be a little disconcerting for those who had not realised he was there. :evillaugh: Maybe if you put a climbything near the door he will do the same. Warning though, closing the door with a cat on top can lead to unpleasant consequences ... I only did it once and caught it in time, but  :scared: both of us got a nasty fright!!

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 11:08:55 AM »
Rufus does this too! I always assumed that it's just another thing he wants to try to climb and then realises there's ntohing to grip on to! Either that or he just thinks it's another thing he shouldn't be doing so gives it a go....  :rofl:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Anyone else's furry have a thing with door frames?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 01:45:18 AM »
I dont' get Mosi's obsession with door frames.  He just launches himself at door frames as though he's trying to climb them but he doesn't make any attempt to actually climb.  He just jumps at them and pauses with his front paws either side.  My main objection is the sound - he doesn't actually scratch the door, but the fact that he is grasping at the frames with his front paws mean there is an inevitable fingers down a blackboard sound as his claws grip the painted wood.  I can't stand the sound.  What's the attraction?

Link to CatChat