Author Topic: My new role- Homing officer!  (Read 1694 times)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Re: My new role- Homing officer!
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 10:42:01 AM »
I think what it is Julie is i am not so nice as i used to be...!I can read what people want like a book now and dont waste my time on the annoying ones..

My friend at the Vets says that she notices everyone who does rescue ends up trusting no-one and believing no stories told to them are true :rofl:  Unfortunately, I would say 7 out of ten people enquiring after cats, especially kittens, are time-wasters or completely unsuitable; normally turned down by CP or RSPCA so think they will have more luck with the private rescues, thinking we have less stringent re-homing criteria.  And as for the stories you get as to why a cat needs to come into rescue, don't get me started on that one. >:(

I've had people say that a four month old kitten is too old :censored:, "we want one as young as we can get" - don't they know they all grow up to be cats.

Anyhow, don't let us moaning minnies put you off, congratulations on your new post and may many kitties find forever homes with your wonderful help. :Luv2:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 10:42:31 AM by Lesley (Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue) »
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 10:09:56 AM »
Congratulations on your new role  :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 09:14:49 AM »
Congrats on your new role!  Hope it all goes well for you  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 08:03:54 AM »
Good luck, and I hope the irritating calls dont get you down too much.
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 04:30:45 AM »
2 more wanted a ginger female rather then a ginger male (of course madam, let me see if i can find one!)

We actually do have just as many ginger girls as male if not more. However, this year for us it certainly has not been the year of the ginger anything, I cannot recall one ginger kitten this year. This year it has been the year of black or black/white with the odd tortie (what I call brindle) in for good measure.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 08:05:41 AM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2008, 21:08:27 PM »
I'm afraid if someone changed their minds that many times i would conclude they were not a stayer and would not give them a cat. So probably a good thing she did not accept one in the long run. It would be back in a few weeks because she had changed her mind again.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 21:01:20 PM »
....and one person considered a cat over 1yr old too old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heard that one! When I took Noni on and was looking for her forever home my cousin told me she had a friend at college looking for a cat. When I told my cousin Noni was 18 months she talked to the woman and was told that "was too old." As soon as she said that I decided if she couldn't look past Nonis age to her absolutely amazing personality she wouldn't have been right anyway.

Noni most definitely ended up with who she was meant to. :Luv: She has the most wonderful family now. :)

Congrats on the new role!!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 21:02:03 PM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 19:10:46 PM »
I think what it is Julie is i am not so nice as i used to be...!I can read what people want like a book now and dont waste my time on the annoying ones.. Today another Christmas kitten needed for xmas day...! The lady that changed her mind 3 times never did take on a kitten in the end, she wants to wait until something comes along, although i have a fab adult cat in our care that would be great for her but she iinsists its a kitten and thats it.. Despite the fact she is only 1yr old.. People are so fickle are then not?

The lady who advertised on the free site came back to me about Merlin but its all taking so much time i wonder if they fully committed.. If they dont get there act together soon then i will rehome him to someone else...

Season of Goodwill... who says so!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 18:55:33 PM »
I'd be no good at that stuff all the time. I'd be inclined to say "of course. I'll put in a requisition for a stray ginger right now but there's a 3 month lead time and I forgot to ask for some the last quarter."  :evillaugh:

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 18:48:47 PM »
Got your PM... Believe me when you start having to deal with the general public you may start screaming more!!For the first time since May we are now kittenless after one lady changed her mind four times!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 more wanted a ginger female rather then a ginger male (of course madam, let me see if i can find one!) and one person considered a cat over 1yr old too old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always happy to give advise but i am learning too.
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
My new role- Homing officer!
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 18:19:49 PM »
Am feeling very pleased today because as of yesterday, I am the homing officer for East Surrey CP. I am still doing my lost and found unless things get too busy but homing is now my area too which I am very pleased about. Will be absolutely wonderful being able to be at the front of getting needy kitties into loving homes.  :Luv:

Link to CatChat