Author Topic: Anyone read the times article re CP investment in Iceland?  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: Anyone read the times article re CP investment in Iceland?
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 21:21:51 PM »
Was speaking to a couple of CP mates today and they advise they have had their bank accounts raided by CP Headquarters for day to day running costs due to this incident - both are very affluent branches but are a bit *issed off as they have running costs to!!!!!!!!!

Both are treasurers for different big branches
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 22:14:08 PM »
Oh hell. So sorry to hear this   :(

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 21:54:45 PM »
At first I wondered why they have so much money in reserve but I'm no economist  ) and I'm sure they have to look at the big picture re sustainability etc long term?

I think they like to have 2 years running costs in hand to ensure they always have enough money to pay for whatever is needed and no cats will suffer.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 21:55:53 PM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Anyone read the times article re CP investment in Iceland?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 18:47:49 PM »
Apparently, they had £12million invested in Icelandic banks that they could lose. This has put two potential adoption centres being built at risk - Leeds and Belfast. Peter Hepburn is quoted as saying the £12million represents 16% of CP money invested so they still have money to pay salaries and bills - and most importantly enough money to look after the cats in CP care.

At first I wondered why they have so much money in reserve but I'm no economist  -(on a large scale anyway  :evillaugh: ) and I'm sure they have to look at the big picture re sustainability etc long term?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 22:17:24 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat