Author Topic: Pam Johnson-Bennett - anyone read any of her books?  (Read 1205 times)

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
Re: Pam Johnson-Bennett - anyone read any of her books?
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 16:13:03 PM »
I was humming and haaing over this book myself and well as the 'cat whisperer' so would also be interested in other peoples opinion's on it...
I decided to buy 3 of Vicky Halls books, but if these books are good I may as well make use of my Amazon Prime free trial some more  ;)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 13:28:21 PM »
I think I have that somewhere - I think OH bought it for me about 4 years ago. I don't remember anything about it  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 13:02:27 PM »
I've got 'Twisted Whisers, solving your cat's behaviour problems' - it was ok, but pretty standard behavior problem solving methods that we discuss here on Purrs, nothing that made her book stand out from a lot a cat behaviour books really. Thats the only one of hers I've read.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 10:16:06 AM »
Apparantly Psychokitty is very good. Haven't read it myself though.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Pam Johnson-Bennett - anyone read any of her books?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 08:24:07 AM »
I am thinking of getting "Cat Vs. Cat: Keeping Peace When You Have More Than One Cat"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cat-Vs-Keeping-Peace-When/dp/0142004758/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215674471&sr=1-1

She has quite a few other cat books out. There are only 2 reviews on Amazon UK but loads of good ones on Amazon.com
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat