Author Topic: Any one offer advice on on Cat Harnesses please  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Any one offer adice on on Cat Harnesses please
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 19:55:43 PM »
Can she go on to have safe outdoor access? I wouldnt take a cat on a harness if there wasnt any scope for giving more freedom at a later date. If they love it alot you end up with a cat pining for an outdoor existance it cant safely have.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Any one offer adice on on Cat Harnesses please
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 19:49:09 PM »
With regards to the cat harness the following website might be helpful:  http://www.catsread2.info/

as for cat proofing windows try: http://www.cataire.co.uk/

Hope this helps
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
Any one offer advice on on Cat Harnesses please
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 18:56:30 PM »
Mary’s been showing some great interest in going out side she’s always on her seat up at the window and almost escaped yesterday   the only way I can see her going out is with a harness under supervision as she has never been out and us nearly eight years old

I have noticed a few on here useing cat harness and wonderd if you could answer a few questions i have or offer advice on them please

I have a harness and wanted to ask how did your cats take to wearing the harness at first?  How did you get them used to wearing it?   
How did you get your cats out side wearing the harness?

Another thought I had would be to cat proof the widow so she could sit on the widow sill as im on the ground floor she does seem to love the fresh air

Any thoughts advice please!

Thanks  ;)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 17:42:26 PM by bluecat »

Link to CatChat