Author Topic: Anyone heard of leases having stipulations regarding cats.  (Read 1277 times)

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
Re: Anyone heard of leases having stipulations regarding cats.
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 11:03:32 AM »
I know a lot of landlords over here wont have pets at all, it's cos of damage they can cause to the house. You never get them refusing to allow kids though, and my kids cause much more damage and make more mess than my 4 cats combined!

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 09:28:17 AM »
God how woudl he choose? If I had had to choose between Beavis and Oscar I dont think i could have! :Crazy:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 09:23:23 AM »
some leaseholds do. My mother's flat had a clause not permitting animals at all. But she managed to get permission to keep her two as long as they were indoors only. Any leasehold has conditions of some sort, but it would seem this one is very specific...

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 09:10:55 AM »
And what about the poor pussy that will be left on its own?? I am seeing first han d how lonely they can get! :'(

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 09:03:06 AM »
He did seem more concerned with the fact that I told him there was a waiting list for non urgent cases. I told him we didn't have a centre and had fosterers. I said if they gave him any grief, we would happily give him a letter stating that the cats were on a waiting list. He said that other rescues had waiting lists as well. He then asked me again where our centre was.  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 08:53:27 AM »
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm sounds like a cop out to me , most leases say either you are allowed cats or youre not! :-:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2008, 08:53:44 AM by Kirst »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Anyone heard of leases having stipulations regarding cats.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 08:47:48 AM »
I took a call from a man the other day and he said he has 3 cats and is only allowed one. I asked if he rented and he said no he owned his flat on leasehold (as most flats are) he said the leaseholder found out and told him via a solicitor he has to get rid of two. I questioned him and said how can it bother anyone - it's not as if cats bark  >:(
He said "There have been some problems" but wouldn't go into detail. He said he had the letter if we wanted to see it and even named the solicitors  :(
One of them is 10 and the other 4 - it is so much sadder for older cats.

I still don't know exactly what has happened but he didn't come across as sad or upset  >:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat