Author Topic: Anyone buy Hill's J/D?  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Anyone buy Hill's J/D?
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 18:57:46 PM »
I was trying to fid the ingredients online but they aren't even on Hill's site  :shify:

I will post them but don't have time until tomorrow (trying to catch up on a day's laziness before oh gets home  :evillaugh: )
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 18:50:25 PM »
Shes sounds like lola, who has a funny action to her hips that no other cat has, its her tart wiggle  :rofl:

That seems suspiciously cheap  :shify:  probably filled with flour

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 17:41:35 PM »
That's an idea - I will try some of the powder I have in katalax - although having said that, she gets really upset when I put it on her and doesn't start cleaning it off like other cats  :Crazy:

If she takes to the food with it already in, I just hope it's enough. She hasn't actually been diagnosed with arthritis - it's just that she isn't agile like others although they are all a similar age.

btw - a seller is the US is selling cosequin for less than $10 (80 capsules)  :Crazy: - I don't know if they would or would be allowed to ship to the UK?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 18:02:24 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 17:32:04 PM »
Did you try cosequin? I could send you a couple of capsules if you want to try, lola is normally a smart cookie when it comes to baited food so i put them first in fishy natures menu and she ate it, so tried it in blander food and down it went so they must be pretty tasteless  ;D

Or you could mix the type you have in katalax etc and wipe on leg. Thats what christine does with cheese paste for blip  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Anyone buy Hill's J/D?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 14:38:05 PM »
It arrived today and Alice is eating it OK. The only thing I am concerned about is I was reading up on Glucosamine today and various sites say you need to give double strength for a while until the cartilage is back to normal. Obviously, you can't do that with food so will it actually do Alice any good?. I'm not even sure how much it contains but they say "Improvement in 21 days" - One of the reasons I got it is because she won't take seraquin and she won't eat her wet food with powdered glucosamine in it. If the food does help, it is a cheap & easy way to treat. (About £3 a bag more than regular Hill's)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 14:59:01 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat