Author Topic: Anyone heard of Promeris spot-on - cheaper than Frontline  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Anyone heard of Promeris spot-on - cheaper than Frontline
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 17:10:08 PM »
Yep i posted about it awhile back to see if anyone had used it. Its supposed to last 7 weeks but instructs to use it monthly anyway  :rofl:

Now I know, I will just pay the vet for Milbemax and get frontline from vetUK. The new vet is very relaxed about stuff and you just tell the receptionist what you want and you get it  :evillaugh:

Anyway, she was telling someone about when I was waiting. She said it doesn't treat ticks - one of the vets heard her from his surgery and yelled "yes it does!"

I will probably do every 6 weeks in the winter and monthly in the summer to be safe

I assume they are pushing it as the mark-up is higher. Although it's cheaper in the vets, it is POM so better to get frontline elsewhere  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 17:13:14 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 16:43:29 PM »
That seems expensive compared to Frontline from VETUK.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 16:38:53 PM »
Yep i posted about it awhile back to see if anyone had used it. Its supposed to last 7 weeks but instructs to use it monthly anyway  :rofl:

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 12:25:31 PM »
Never heard of it.

I think it's 28 for a 6 pack of Frontline at my vets.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Anyone heard of Promeris spot-on - cheaper than Frontline
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 11:45:21 AM »
The vet recommended it today in place of Frontline. He said it is cheaper - it still cost me more than had I bought Frontline direct from vetuk  :tired:

Cost me £30 for 6  :tired:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 11:45:43 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat