Author Topic: Marys not well  (Read 2184 times)

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
Re: Marys not well
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 16:22:21 PM »
Hope she makes a full recovery soon  :smile:

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 16:03:56 PM »
Aw bless.  Glad to hear it's nothing serious.  Maybe some of the eye drops were on her fur and that's why she's scratching.  If it get's worse I would ring the vet.  It's amazing how they are so good for the vets but not when we try to sdminister any medication!!  Little loves! 

Mary  :luck: :ahh:

Angel at the vets  :Luv:   :censored:at home  :evillaugh:  using the pin between knees method and prawn de rescue remedy

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 01:21:44 AM »
Aw bless.  Glad to hear it's nothing serious.  Maybe some of the eye drops were on her fur and that's why she's scratching.  If it get's worse I would ring the vet.  It's amazing how they are so good for the vets but not when we try to sdminister any medication!!  Little loves! 

Mary  :luck: :ahh:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 20:23:39 PM »
Ahh bless her ... it may be that her eye is just itchy which is why she is scratching at it.  I would stick with giving her the eye drops for the next day or so and if there is no improvement take her straight back to the vet.

I found the best way to administer eye drops to Rossi (who is very wiggly) was to sit her on the floor.  Kneel down and get her between my thighs facing away from me then lift her head up and go for it.

Good luck and fingers crossed she will get better soon xxxx  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 19:10:20 PM »
Mary has a eye inflammation vet gave her a antibiotic shot checked her ears and mouth and eyes
She has eye drops to be taken 3 times daily which is proving very difficult  with one pair of hands Mary is as clam as you like at the vets he even commented she placid but i just looked at him  :-:  not at home she isn't

I'm still not happy though why is she shaking her head so much and would the eye prob cause her to scratch around her eye so much she took some of the fur off ?

« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 19:22:40 PM by bluecat »

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 09:48:14 AM »
Just had a call from a mate saying his dogs are poorly with snuffling and sneezing, and has just spoken to the vets.

His o/h took all 3 for a walk over the ranges, and its likely they've got seeds from some kind of plant stuck up their noses.  He's been advised that if they are still sneezing tomorow to take them up, but they will probably dislodge them between now and then.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 09:46:05 AM »
Fingers crossed she is fine. Just as well you are getting her checked. I have also heard of cats getting grass seeds stuck up their nose - I'm sure they will get to the bottom of it  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 09:37:21 AM »
Same here, I hope everything goes really well at the vets.

:Luv:

Leigh
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2007, 09:27:19 AM »
Hope Mary is feeling better soon x

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 22:58:41 PM »
Good Luck at the vets tomorrow  ;)

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 22:57:15 PM »
I hope Mary feels better soon  :hug:

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 22:56:48 PM »
aww bless her little heart- hope she feels better soon

Just as a matter of interest, you havent got a new air freshner or plug in or even someone sprayed perfume or something. I remember thinking one of mine was poorly and it was actually a plug in air freshner that was making them sneeze not so long ago

Head kisses from my babies  :hug: :hug:

xx

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 22:40:26 PM »
Poor Mary! My two send her gentle headbutts :Luv: Good luck at the vet, and hope she is back to her usual self soon :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 21:52:09 PM »
I too hope she gets well soon.  I thought you was talking about me at first as I was at the physio for my back this afternoon!!!!

Maybe she has just a bit of cold in her eye with the horrid windy weather we've got at the mo.  :luck: :luck:

Mary  :catluv:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 21:37:13 PM »
She may have a touch of conjuctivitis or a a slight cold.  I'm sure Mr Vet will be able to sort her out.

In the meantime lots of love and cuddles from my lot and hope she gets well soon  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 21:30:34 PM »
In the mean time clean her eye with cooled boiled water to see if it helps clear it up, maybe she has a touch of hayfever, strange I know in this weather.  :)

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
Marys not well
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 21:28:09 PM »
Have noticed her doing what seems to be sneezing to Day and shaking her head a lot  she was sat on my lap a really scratched at her eye i took a look and it almost looks puffed up and watery  :(   booking her at the vets asap
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 21:33:18 PM by bluecat »

Link to CatChat