Author Topic: Any one with room for Siamese & Siamese/Bengal x Kent Way  (Read 3169 times)

Offline BigPaws (Rae&Missa)

• Adult Cat
Re: Any one with room for Siamese & Siamese/Bengal x Kent Way
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 10:05:11 AM »
Oooooo Furbabystar- you are giving me naughty ideas  :sneaky: ;D

Seriously though I may start thinking about getting Melissa a mate soon.  She has started coming down from the wigwam and jumping up for cuddles but is still very nervy.  One day at a time. :)
COME BACK MADDIE CAT, MELISSA IS WAITING FOR YOU

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 09:52:38 AM »
not sure, she said it was a new apartment block on sea front, they just fancied somewhere with a sea view

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 09:42:29 AM »
Is it Cliftonville?

Next to Margate - was posh in Victorian times but not all that now.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 09:19:26 AM »
she said, Margate will be nice in 20 years but I won't be around in 20  years so we couldn't wait!!!  (she was 60 last year)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2008, 09:16:29 AM »
Can't think offhand where it might be - I'm still quite new in Kent. There are some nice areas although Margate itself is rough  :scared: - or as we were told by Tourist Information when we said we wanted to start a busness, "Margate has the most potential"  :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 09:04:52 AM »
some friends have just got a place near margate (a stop off between the home in france and st johns wood, nice if you can) in a place down there but I've completely forgotten the name near margate possibly beginning with a c??

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 09:03:29 AM »
Unless you plan on sitting on the beach, there's not enough to keep you occupied for a whole day in Broadstairs. The seaside bit is small - its only 15 minutes to Ramsgate if you wwant to do both. Broadstairs is nicer. You could always cut across to Deal and Sandwich as they are both nice as well (Dover is a hole  :evillaugh: )
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 09:14:26 AM by Mark »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 08:39:18 AM »
thanks Mark, I was going to ask for recommendations for lunch!!  Just having a look at this stage, think moving is off the cards while the media talks up the credit crunch!

Glad these two are sorted Sharon
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 08:54:18 AM by Dawn F »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 19:26:34 PM »
Another Bromley trip? - or are they going to take them themselves? - if so, surely petrol will cost more than a locking catflap?  :shify:

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 19:10:34 PM »
Siamese rescue are on the case with these two.. but i told them to get back to us if any problems
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 18:36:52 PM »
I am in broadstairs on saturday

Househunting or day out?

You have to go to Morellis for a gelato  :evillaugh: - they were in the Observer top 20 icecream parlours last year. it is on one of the terraces facing the sea. There is also a great Fish & Chip restaurant that does a great "daytripper special" for about a fiver - fish, chips, peas, bread & butter, cup of tea  :) - it's great  ;D

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 18:23:02 PM »
AWWWW, Sharon.

I would love to help as Melissa seems so lonely and id love her to have a friend as it seems very unlikely that her mate will be found but these two need to be together dont they.

I am sending lots of love to the kittys and all at Canterbury cats and positive vies for finding them a new home together. :Luv2:

So how about Melissa having TWO friends ??  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline BigPaws (Rae&Missa)

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 17:47:24 PM »
AWWWW, Sharon.

I would love to help as Melissa seems so lonely and id love her to have a friend as it seems very unlikely that her mate will be found but these two need to be together dont they.

I am sending lots of love to the kittys and all at Canterbury cats and positive vies for finding them a new home together. :Luv2:
COME BACK MADDIE CAT, MELISSA IS WAITING FOR YOU

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 17:35:39 PM »
If Siamese rescue can't help then the Oriental cat Association might.
Valerie and all my pets

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 16:40:29 PM »
usually I would have offered to foster sharon (and I am in broadstairs on saturday) but unfortunately am going on holiday next week, hope you get sorted

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 16:38:08 PM »
I know that place and guessed it at the beginning of the post - it's a beautiful rural area with Cherry orchards etc just past Seasalter

Are they not allowed pets?

Surely if she loved them that much she would find the money for a cat-flap?

I don't know what sort of people live there but I'm guessing elderly - If you don't mind living in a mobile home, you can buy a place there for 60k compared to a normal home in that area would be 400k+

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 16:36:03 PM »
 So sad  - poor lads  :( :(

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Any one with room for Siamese & Siamese/Bengal x Kent Way
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 16:27:32 PM »
On our homing line we have had a call.. Siamese and Siamese cross for rehoming, really difficult situation and i talked to her at lengths about things but she cannot afford to have a pen or get her neighbour a better cat flap that stops hers going in.. She has been issued with a warning to rehome the cats or else... She lives on a mobile home park you see..

She has 2 cats which are going into neighbours' homes and it is causing trouble between them.  She does not want to part with them, but doesn't know what else to do.  One is nearly 8, the other 3 and a half, both are neutered, vacc'd and chipped.  One is pure Siamese, the other Siamese/Bengal cross and both are boys.  I think their names are China and Chang, and Mrs Vines says they will pine if separated; also, they aren't used to small children.  No photos.

I will contact Siamese resuce later on but the trouble is we have already off loaded Mia Mia onto them. These two need to go together and i am not taotally convinced of their vac status, it was abit vague, but she obvioulsy loves them alot.

They are currently in Graveney not far from Whitstable, Kent anyone interested or can offer them a placement then pls PM or post here.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 16:28:03 PM by canterbury_cats »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat