Author Topic: Felice needs a quiet new home. In care of Canterbury, Kent CP REHOMED!  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
She is adorable..............I have a bit of a soft spot for black moggies!

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Aww, I am pleased to hear this.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Wonderful  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Excellent news ... so pleased she has her forever home.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Felice needs a quiet new home. In care of Canterbury, Kent CP
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 18:27:23 PM »
Email received from Roxanne who has been fostering Felice. Quite a lot of cats being rehomed today  ;D

I think this will be the perfect quiet home for her to get her confidence back - sounds like she will be pampered  :Luv2:

Hi thought you might like to know Felice was picked up today and has been taken to a very nice home - a very smart oap and her disabled husband in a quiet flat with no children or animals and looks like she will be set for life there.  She was a good cat and deserves some peace and quiet now and I am sure she will be spoilt rotten.
Thanks for all your help with her.
Roxanne
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Felice needs a quiet new home. In care of Canterbury, Kent CP
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 13:47:40 PM »
Ahhh bless her ... he's lovely. I'm sure her forever home will come forward soon xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Felice needs a quiet new home. In care of Canterbury, Kent CP REHOMED!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 10:02:55 AM »
Felice is a lovely girl, she came into are care a few months ago actually and at first had to go into one of our foster pens. Felice really became quite sad and depressed in a pen, never coming out to play but preferring to just sit in her heated igloo. So as soon as we had some room we moved her to one of our indoor fosters where she has improved a great deal.

Felice background is abit unknown, she as found as a stray living in someone’s greenhouse and has obviously been through some hard times.  She was very very frightened of everything at first but with some time and patience has really come out of her shell.  She still jumps at new noises or quick movement which would suggest she should go to a quiet environment with no other animals or young children.  She plays well now and loves to tear around the carpet with a mouse toy.   Her favorite position is to roll over with all four paws in the air while you rub her belly with your toes.  She loves to sit on the settee at the side of you and be stroked and isn"t at all backwards in coming forwards when she wants some attention, which is mostly in the evenings or mornings. 

Afternoons she likes to spend snoozing.  She did have a  problem with cystitis, but following some meds from the vets,  that seems to have cleared up now.   She drinks well and loves the sound of dinner things being rattled!

She needs time and lots of TLC with someone who can spare lots of cuddles and she will really settle down and forget she was treated badly and adore her new owner. She does not like being picked up very much and does hide from strangers, but it did take a few days for her to settle when she came into foster care, so this is not suprisiing.  She shows no desire to go out but likes to see out of the window so would be fine in a flat. 

She does need a litter tray with a hood on it though. We have also been advised to keep Felice on a uninary tract diet which can easily be brought through your vets or ordered on line through such outlets as VetUK.. She is on no particular brand but Royal Canin and Hills are both good makes to use. This food is not really expensive (5kg bag which should last at least 3 months is around £24.00)  as its is fed in small quantities and replaces normal cat food diet..

Felice has been through the wars but is now coming into her own and showing her personality, the vets put her age at around 6 years old.

Sadly because Felice is  "just another " black cat and is a young adult (but some think over the hill age) with a few extra dietary needs she is being overlooked in favour of  cuties, fluffy and perfect kittens that we seemingly are suppose to have in stock all year! (really the next person who rings me up about kittens is getting a sermon from me!).. (Rant off)

She has been spayed, is fully vac including FELV  and has been chipped.

Felice is currently in the care of Canterbury & District CP and along with CP policy on rehoming a home check would need to be organised before adopting Felice, if a lovely home came along outside our area then co operation from another rescue organisation would be needed to do a HC for us.. We rely on donations to continue our work, please consider giving a donation if we assist in the rehoming of a cat, or if you adopt a cat from us.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 18:34:50 PM by canterbury_cats »
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat