Author Topic: Anyone seen Pamuk on CPR?  (Read 3181 times)

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
Re: Anyone seen Pamuk on CPR?
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2008, 15:43:46 PM »
Awwwwww Kai has literally just been reserved!  ;D ;D Fantastic news!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 15:43:57 PM by Team Svartalfheims »
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2008, 15:06:26 PM »
Has the breeder of the NFC been contacted to be told that one of their cats is in a rescue? You may well find that if the breeder is contacted they will be along in a rush to come and collect it and rehome it themselves as all breeders I know have it in the contract that if the new owner is unable to keep the cat that it must be returned to them and not be placed into a rescue. After all if you bring kittens into the world you must take responsibility for them.

If he does remain in rescue I am more than happy to put him up on my website so he gets seen by people who are specifically looking for an NFC and therefore have read up on them or already have experience of them. Just let me know.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 15:14:35 PM by Team Svartalfheims »
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2008, 14:50:06 PM »
Umm I not sure about this one as if someone see the cat as revesed they will move on and look for another and then the person who resvered it in the first place could be totaly un suitable there for they could be losing out on a really good home

The way we do it at the UKRCC is we get everybody to fill in the on line form then when we get  a raggie in that we think would be suitable for that person we will contact them and then we go ahead with home checks and vet checks and then only after then will we re home the cat.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2008, 17:37:11 PM »
If some one wants a cat they should pull their finger out and phone, if 5 people want a cat the first to visit gets first dibs   :shy:
Holding a paid for cat for 2 weeks still means they could miss out on another home.
Each to their own i guess.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 23:27:13 PM »
I have took cats on without seeing them so I can understand that point.... :innocent:

Are they normal policies regarding filling in the form etc? Seems to have tips also!  :Crazy:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 23:07:02 PM »
IT's not how it comes out CS, and it is very demeaning to other rescues - we might not all be able to ask for large amounts of money (and incidentally, I didn't think non-registered rescues could specify an amount - I can't see her charity no on her website), but we have homed a couple of Persians, we dont charge more, and the two I know of both went to good homes (both people known by the rescue), and with people who have experience and wouldnt dream of passing them about indiscriminately.
I see your point, but still dont think a reserve and pay system works - if someone pays and then doesn't turn up, you are still in the same situation. We rarely work on a reserve system. 
Please spay your cat

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 23:00:23 PM »
I think you missed my point Des - she mainly rehomes persians and her experience will be based on rehoming those. i.e I think her comment about low rates is directed at rehoming persians not cats in general.

Tbh Des I think the reserve system is to prevent people saying they would like to see cat X and then not turning up after you have turned away other potential homes.  I'm sure a lot of rescues have experienced that, possibly yourself too.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 22:55:22 PM »
How do I know she hasn't experienced what? Us rescues not doing cats favours and them getting passed round? I know that all bar a few of my fosters are still happy and doing well in their new homes, even the first few that will have been in homes for 4 years this year. I bet every other rescue on here would disagree with that comment too - if spending lots of money made sure a cat had a good home, there wouldnt be so many pedigrees in rescue, nor would there be so many neglected pedigrees.
I just dont think it is right cos you are dealing with living animals, not just an inanimate object you like the look of on a website - although the internet is a wonderful resource to help cats find homes.
Please spay your cat

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 22:53:52 PM »
Yep vet checks are done if a home visit can't be sorted as its a national rescue.

I got my 2 boys from there and the contract I signed was immense - she definitely takes things seriously ;)

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 22:50:11 PM »
I feel that you can pick the right cat before meeting them - as I have my anticiapted new arrivals oscar and edgar but I do think it is bit strange that you can reserve online. I mean fair enough but surely they want the very best home that suits the cat rather than first come served and the first that can cough up the cash! I am sure they are fully checked but it does say you can collect your cat on the day if you make an appointment in advance - so how do they check? Maybe they do Vet checks or something.

Surely there are lots of people looking to get cats like these so they can be fussy - I imagine the NFC will be snapped up in no time too and Pamuk is not able to be reserved - as they want to screen a bit more for him I suppose!

Whatever works for them I guess  :-:
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 22:49:05 PM »
How do you know that she hasn't experienced this? 

Why exactly do you not like the reserve/pay system - just curious.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 22:44:47 PM »
I saw that CS, but not into the 'reserve and pay online' - I can understand paying a deposit, but it just doesn't sound right for a rescue, and I am actually quite annoyed about one of the comments on her website - I read the whole of the home page and was very annoyed about this sentence, which quite simply isn't true

rescues who adopt out at 'low donation' rates do these animals no favours, and they often get passed from home to home indiscriminately.
Please spay your cat

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 22:42:28 PM »
She is sweet - I am unsure about the reservation process though, seems odd to reserve and pay for a cat before seeing them in the flesh.

If you go and decide on another cat or you/your home is not suitable for that cat then its refunded.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 22:39:23 PM »
That's how i got Smidgen - reserved (but not paid for) before I saw him!!! and never a doubt in my mind he was the right baby for me  :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 22:38:01 PM »
She is sweet - I am unsure about the reservation process though, seems odd to reserve and pay for a cat before seeing them in the flesh.
Please spay your cat

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 22:33:37 PM »
Apparently its proving to be a success  :)

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 22:30:46 PM »
She is just adorable - gorgeous. The NFC is also a handsome boy! Their reserve policy is very interesting - wonder how it has worked out for them!  ;D
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
Anyone seen Pamuk on CPR?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 20:45:34 PM »
 OMG she is sooooooo gorgeous - check her out if you're a sucker for a cute persian.

Also a NFC in  :)

http://www.chapelhouse-persians.co.uk/adopt.htm

Link to CatChat