Author Topic: Dora's Story so far....  (Read 1734 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Dora's Story so far....
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 22:00:20 PM »
The second tail chase looked like she was doing a series of complicated dance movements  :)  She's so lovely  :Luv:

Offline Leighs Gang

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Arnie, Sparkle & Dora
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 21:59:32 PM »
It may work better through her YT video?:...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppf1_WWher8

Offline Leighs Gang

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 21:56:28 PM »
 :thanks: For your lovely replies.... here's not just a photo but a clip or Dora finding her tail is much fun!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 02:49:53 AM »
Agree we need a picture cos I havent seen her  ;D

So pleased her leg has recovered, I have a 3 legged cat aged 17 1/2 who is on cage rest cos of hurting the wrist onnthe front leg on side where he is missing the back and its such a worry.

Offline Leighs Gang

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 00:24:01 AM »
LOL, I know, poor Andy (hubby) it started on a night when I was staying over at my Mum's - he called saying 'there's something wrong with Dora' All i could hear in the back ground was her calling!!!!!  I guessed that it must have been her season - luckily it only lasted 3 days and she's off to the vets next Wednesday to prevent any further occurences  ;)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 00:18:47 AM »
Sorry completely missed the word "siblings"  :-[ and glad that she didn't have to go through young mum experience.  We went through the "cat season" thing with Dinah's 2 girls and oh my, wasn't Millie a tart with our Fred  :-[  :-[ :-[  :evillaugh:

Offline Leighs Gang

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 00:14:01 AM »
Hi, no Dora has not thankfully had her own babies - she was in the foster home with her brothers and sisters that were all re-homed and she sadly was left behind due to her -leg problem  :(.  She had her first season this week - My was that an experience  :censored: - never seen a cats season before as had Sparkle neautered before her first and all my others have been boys)

Yes, she will be well and truly hungry prior to her first outing and her first one will be on her lead and harness lol (luckily she is used to this after having to use it for introductions with Sparkle & Arnie!) x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 00:03:38 AM »
I know you've popped her pic elsewhere but this thread is crying out for another one of her sweet little chops  :Luv:.  She only looks like a baby herself.  Doesn't look old enough to be a mum. 

Our Dinah (another B&W young mum) came to us with her 2 babies and has never really got on with the others at all.  She dumped her babies on us after only a couple of weeks too  :shocked:.  TBH we were convinced for at least the 1st year that she would find herself somewhere else to live but has been a lot more stay at home over last few months.  Prob due to awful winter so that's a little silver lining....

Glad Dora is getting on better with her big bro and sis and hope the problem with her leg is very much a thing of the past  :hug:

As I'm sure you know, the one hoooooge rule when letting her out 1st time is .... make sure she's hungry!   :)

Offline Leighs Gang

• Adult Cat
Dora's Story so far....
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 23:47:38 PM »
Sorry if this is in the wrong place but thought i would start of my first 'real' thread about Dora...

Dora was being looked after by a foster carer for the cat charity RAIN with her little kitten sibblings but she developed a very bad limp (the foster carer was one of my customers -( I do pet sitting as a job  :Luv:) :Luv:, it was touch and go as to whether she would have to have one of her back legs removed - something to do with her blood cells attacking the joints???? Anyway, dora pulled through with all four legs intact after many weeks in a cage.  For weeks I begged Andy to let me bring her home - Jan (the fosterer) had decided if i could not take her then she would keep her begrudgingly as she lives on a busy road so did not want to risk her little life with the traffic :(

Anyway... Andy got to meet Dora through circumstances and he fell in love and agreed we could try to let her live with Sparkle and Arnie  :briggin:

My Was it hard, they HATED  :censored: :censored: :censored: her.  But after many tears from me and almost giving up they now have sort of taken to her, she is still an indoor cat but is booked in next Wednesday for her 'op' so she can go out and help them terrorise the local wildlife.  I am dreading that day as i know i'll be a complete mess until i know she is OK and coming home safe and sound and so her journey will begin - seeing the big wide world.  I'll let you all know when she is through her neautering and out in the garden doing cat things with her big brother and sister (much no doubt to their disgust!)

Link to CatChat