Author Topic: Mikey has gone home  (Read 1675 times)

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
Re: Mikey has gone home
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 08:12:55 AM »
That is a magnificent story - you did a wonderful job
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 00:20:25 AM »
A really bittersweet story :(

Feel really sad for you guys and happy for his original owners, can imagine you both feel sad.

Well done for looking after him hun x
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 22:23:44 PM »
So sad for you but sounds like his owners do love him  :hug: He had a fab Xmas with you and if you hadn't taken him in may not have survived the terrible weather :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 22:16:03 PM »
So hard not to get attached and thats what I am worried about Pussy.

I am sure Mikey will be looked after very carefully this time and he needs a chip.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
Mikey has gone home
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 22:13:12 PM »
with tears in our eyes, tonight we took Mikey back to his home. i had put adverts in local pets shops and all the vets in our town but heard nothing for weeks. out of the blue i recieved a phonecall from a lady who through sobs asked if i had found a kitten. i asked her what her cat looked like, how old, what gender etc and determined our mikey was a good match. she offered to show me photos of her cat, so whilst phil waited in the car with mikey, i went to investigate. again the lady was really sobbing, and telling me how the kitten had escaped through the back door that her children had accidentally left open. it had happened on the night of the first lot of snow, which matched as we found him 17th december. then she showed me her favourite photo, of a kitten sprawled out on her sofa asleep. i knew it was him, he slept in such odd positions, but i checked closely hoping it wasn't. well it was him, and when i nodded, she burst in to tears again and her children started screaming. it turns out he was 15 weeks when he escaped, i has guessed 16. his name was "Blue". seeing how upset i was the lady decided to keep him as mikey and i have her number to get updates on him. he had wondered down several streets to find us, not a great distance for a human but for a little kitten, it must have felt like miles. he settled in as though he had never left them. i gave them the collar he was wearing, it was Penny's, and some toys he got for christmas as well as his favourite applaws chicken tins. we have found it hard to come to terms with him leaving, it was far harder than we ever thought it would be. but his family had missed him so much, and we worried what had happened to him. they never even thought to check vets or pet shops which is why we had him for so long- a relative went the vets with her own dog and saw our poster. atleast he is safe and loved.

playing santa with our pet rats' gifts

watching his best pal

and our last photo
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 22:15:30 PM by lau200 »

Link to CatChat