In Loving Memory Cats > Rainbow Bridge - In Loving Memory

Don't fence me in - In memory of Chi Bear

<< < (2/5) > >>

JackSpratt:
Sheila, you've no idea how much that post made me smile. I adored that boy. Every jaunt terrified me, every return instilled the belief that he wanted to be here. I miss him so much. Yesterday it was two weeks to the day and I coped especially badly.

I'm trying to remember that when he could see I was unhappy, he used to talk to me to try and calm me. He wouldn't want me to be as raw as I'm feeling. But that takes time. Because the absence is so...there.

Thank you. For honouring my boy. He'd have liked that, I think.

sheilarose:
Sending hugs for you. I named one of our rescue kittens after him last year, so impressed was I by his stoic independence and fortitude. Her new owner loved it so she embellished and calls her baby Chi Spirit. I know Chi Bear had everything his heart desired with you, Shonagh. His bolshy cavalier attitude to love and security are reflected in my 14 year old Theo Wallcat who will not be contained, even at this stage of maturity. We respect everything and expect nothing. That’s just the way it is with some cats. I’ve been with you in each and every “missing” post, willing him home and puffing with relief when he, inevitBiy, sauntered Back home with That Swagger. I’ll miss him, but will celebrate his style. Go find your. Ew adventure, Chi Bear. We’ll be along presently xx

JackSpratt:
Today we got to go and get Bear's ashes and bring them home. It makes things feel more real to some degree. I always talked about wanting him home when he went for his jaunts, but I so want to feel that hope and the relief when he'd reappear.

It's so painful to know he'll never drive me mad and make me worry that way again. It's an odd feeling.

alisonandarchie:
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

JackSpratt:
I read this yesterday, and it made me cry. Chi was a type of cat I'd never encountered before and every time he went on his walkabouts it terrified me. But the idea of letting my fear decide an aspect of his life that he clearly enjoyed was bigger.

The other cats are definitely missing him too, we all are. Thank you all for your words of support, they are appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version