Author Topic: After one year Noah has learned to ....  (Read 2301 times)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Re: After one year Noah has learned to ....
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 19:25:34 PM »
 :rofl: Loving your anecdotes, keep them coming!
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 17:43:16 PM »
My favorite was dear, departed Uncle M's cooking call. He was (it has to be said) a gut-bucket of a cat and would get hopelessly over excited whenever I roasted meat. Every 5 minutes from the moment the joint went into the oven he'd come looking for us and tell us that the nice meat was ready to come out of the oven and go into his tummy. It was the only time he ever used that call and he'd get increasingly frantic as time passed- by the time the meat was cooked he'd be beside himself!

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 16:06:34 PM »
I think I'm pretty down on Pepsi's lingo, I can recognise the different sounds for 'the food dish is empty', 'the water dish is empty', 'I want attention', 'I only want cuddles from Daddy', 'the kitchen door has swung closed', 'you just opened the fridge so where's my treat?' and 'I know I've been naughty and you're coming to tell me off'

Darcy on the other hand has one meow, and that's 'MOOOOOOOOM, I want attention!'  :rofl:

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 15:28:25 PM »
 :Luv2: Bonnie is looking very bonny!

I thought Noah's wish was my command but obviously my Felinese is pigeon at best!  :evillaugh: He has several variants on the yowl from another part of the flat, some announce that he has finished eating, some signal the start of the 'funny five minutes' and, clearly, some request the tray is scooped. :rofl: He knows which cupboard the cat food is kept in and regularly watches me scoop trays, no idea why I didn't work out he could ask for a clean tray as easily as he can ask for grub.  :-[

:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 14:04:40 PM »
Bonnie's wish was my command as soon as I brought her from the RSPCA nearly 3 years ago.

These are the first 2 photos I took of her.

I'm 100% her slave  :rofl: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 10:57:44 AM »
...... loudly demand a litter tray is scooped immediately. :Luv2:

Or maybe that should read: "After one year Fire Fox has finally learned enough Felinese to realise that Noah has been politely requesting a litter tray is scooped all along?:doh:  How long did it take your little furballs to train you?

Awww I think that is so cute!  :Luv2:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 10:37:48 AM »
When she was going to be sick you were expected to sit rubbing her back and holding her secure, as you would with a human.

Aww, yes that 's something I've always done JS.

Only our Squeaky used to call and let us know he'd been  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 10:35:24 AM »
With the litter tray cleaning? Sage, Astryd and Darwin haven't. (I scoop the trays twice daily.)

But Carrie Bagpuss, she had a "where are you?" yowl, a "I'm going to be sick, please come and reassure me" noise and a "the litter tray is now very smelly, please sort it out" yodel. She may have had dementia but with some things she was still on top form.  :Luv: (When she was going to be sick you were expected to sit rubbing her back and holding her secure, as you would with a human. Funny old thing, I miss her loads.)

Jack rarely used a litter tray. And Toby and Parsley never let me know they'd done anything either. Seems just Madam Mog expected prompt service. ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
After one year Noah has learned to ....
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 23:58:08 PM »
...... loudly demand a litter tray is scooped immediately. :Luv2:

Or maybe that should read: "After one year Fire Fox has finally learned enough Felinese to realise that Noah has been politely requesting a litter tray is scooped all along?:doh:  How long did it take your little furballs to train you?
Lulu's Catbook

Link to CatChat