Author Topic: Making a garage comfy/accomodating???!!!  (Read 1547 times)

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Re: Making a garage comfy/accomodating???!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 17:11:22 PM »
Well she seems OK with the garage so far and I found her on top of the mattress  which is on it's side and investigating behind the sofa, although I have to admit that i'm still opening and closing the kitchen door for her at the moment!

I've popped her large scratching tree in there (as it doesn't fit in the house anyway!)

Some pics of her exploring....

Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 00:24:26 AM »
Something that smells of you and/ or of Katie?  Her favourite solo play toy? :shy:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 15:18:25 PM »
We have all the litter trays and a couple of cat trees/beds in the garage, but we do have a window in the door to the garden.  I often find them lounging the garage so i'm lucky they like it, we have rugs and blankets on the floor so their tootsies dont have to get too cold as well  :evillaugh:

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 16:10:27 PM »
Hmm no it doesn't have a window which was another reason I was a bit wary - I think i'd just have to keep the light permanantly on!

There is an old sofa in there which we were going to tip so I guess that could stay. Where would you get a heated bed from? I've got a snugglesafe already. I'm really only thinking that she'd need to use it sporadically as she's never been a totally outdoors kind of cat!

Think I will have a look and see what rubbish I can shift from in there and try and make it as nice as possible!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 15:48:12 PM »
Ous have access to two windows in the house but also have access to our single garage - we also have a seperate double garage that doubles as a dog run

In the garage we have 4 armchairs - our outside ferals are in it at night and like home comforts :shocked:

We also have hooded beds and a nice plugged in heat pad or 3 - Daddy thinks they have only one  :sneaky: and they have food and water and seem quite happy

I like the inside outside crew to be able to get in so thats why during daylight hours the diningroom is on a secure lock and my utility room window hasn't been closed for 4 years :shocked: :rofl:

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 15:05:04 PM »
Does the garage have a window?  If so I would say put her bed / box near the window .... cat's do like to see what is going on in the world.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Making a garage comfy/accomodating???!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 14:51:00 PM »
Well, we've made the move up to Durham and Katie has settled REALLY well! She's been out in the garden and absolutely loves it  :Luv2:

The garden is secure with fencing which wouldn't keep a younger cat in, but Katie seems quite happy just pottering around in it! The thing is that the back door is a UPVC with toughened glass in both the top and bottom half. Now I know that we could fit a catflap into it, but we just cannot afford to do this at the moment with us both being out of work. It seems such a shame to keep having to call her inside when we go out etc. We wouldn't put one in the front as it fronts onto the cul de sac and there's no way around to the back garden.

We have a large, secure garage with a wooden door at the back and I know we used to ask people to put catflaps into garages and shed etc when they couldn't fit into doors. This could easially be done, but i'm a fussy cat mummy and wonder if she'll feel like we've abandoned her!

How can we make it so that the garage is seen as a lovely, safe, warm place to go if she wants? Of course there'd be food, water, clean litter, bedding etc, but any tips at all???!!!

Link to CatChat