Author Topic: COLLAR MESSAGE I RECEIVED TODAY  (Read 6845 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: COLLAR MESSAGE I RECEIVED TODAY
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 08:41:07 AM »
How awful Ela. Poor Annette and family. I am so very sorry to hear this. Do you know where Annette got the collar from? I am not a fan of collars but have always understood why some prefer their cats to wear one. Not knowing Annette, I just wonder if it was one that snaps open?

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
COLLAR MESSAGE I RECEIVED TODAY
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 08:31:26 AM »
Hello,
        We have recently lost our precious, amazing and much adored  young cat "Aggy". At only 18 months old she got her so called safety collar caught on some barbed wire jumping off a dry stone wall in a neighbouring field to our property. After concentrated efforts to find her and many phone calls to vets, neighbours,shelters the council etc, I found her strangled to death. I would not wish this on my worst enemy, especially as I had to cut her collar off to get her down, bring her home to break the news to my 5 year old daughter, then have a funeral in our garden. PLEASE DO NOT PUT A COLLAR ON YOUR CAT NO MATTER WHAT.
I have removed the collars from our remaining 2 cats (Grandma and mother to our little Agg's. She will never be forgotten by myself, she had a special spark for myself as no other of our cats have much as they are loved and cared for.
Regards, Annette
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Link to CatChat