Author Topic: Do you think is harder to rehome a black / black&wite cat?  (Read 7378 times)

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
Re: Do you think is harder to rehome a black / black&wite cat?
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2007, 21:29:25 PM »
I love black cats, and my first cats were black and white brothers (one soppy, one a bit neurotic)  who loved long and happy lives and were both much loved.  So if I were looking I would be more than happy to take one. However no idea if I am in majority / minority!

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 21:21:00 PM »
I had Little Girl who was all black (she passed away last Feb) and Penguin who's black and white.

My father in law wants an all black cat so he can name it Salem.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 21:09:55 PM »
I think you might be right ,its too many of them out there ! and it could be the superstition as well which doesnt help :(, i have to say the reason i adopted Phoebe from this rescue home was because her privious owner said she was agressive!(Took her ten years to find out???)and even in that time they had cats same age as her (10 YEARS OLD) which the home describe as the friendiest cat the home has ever seen and he has been there for months and still there,and the younger ones in black or b&w are still there,so basicly a cat which isolder and difficult to handle ,they ship to a different home or centre ??

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 20:29:40 PM »
I have a soft spot for black and whites (and white and blacks!) - Magpie in my avatar was b&w and I chose him for that reason.

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 20:12:35 PM »
My gfs mum has a black and white cat called charlie he is 14 yrs old and a absolute stunner  :Luv:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 20:10:58 PM »
It is supposed to be, the bulk of my fosters have been black and whites, maybe there are more of them born than other colours. I personally wouldn't have chosen to own some of the black and whites I have fostered, but there are some on here that are stunning and I would have!! I have a soft spot for pure blacks though (got 2 in the house at the moment, I am hoping the one available for rehoming doesnt' haev to wait too long).
Please spay your cat

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 20:10:29 PM »
I have 2 tabbies and one tortie/calico/white lol not really sure what she is i havent got them because there colour but because there loving natures well kitty kind of picked me lol

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 20:09:32 PM »
And I love black and whites but my fav big Misaman is out hunting  ;D

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 20:08:34 PM »
Most black and white cats are so lovely though there was a really lovely one at venture farm called nimbus i wanted to rescue him but someone had already booked him

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 20:07:53 PM »
all the best cats are black :rofl: :rofl: My Esther is gorgeous and so sweet with little (not so little these days) Smidgen. They have just finished dinner and given each other a bath and are now retiring to their mutual nest :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 20:06:57 PM »
Yes opinion is that they are harder to home but it maybe also that there are just so many more of them.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 20:06:44 PM »
I think Pav that they are harder to rehome. I think in part its the old superstition about black cats being unlucky, but I have to say that I fall hard for B&Ws and Black cats.

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 20:05:38 PM »
not exacty an answer to your question but venture farm (where i got  kitty from) had loads of black + black and white cats,
I think they do find it harder too rehome them it seems as though people think there *common* i dont have any black and white cats myself but my gfs mum has 3 off them.
I think all cats are gorgeous and i would willingly give one a home

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Do you think is harder to rehome a black / black&wite cat?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 20:00:34 PM »
I just want to know if you think black or black&white cats are not as popular AS OTHERS? I just checked one of the rescues on line which i have been supporting for last eight years and they have eighteen cats for rehoming, (on line) which thirteen are balck or black& white! i know some havebeen there for months now even they are young and healthy? And mean while the ginger and tabby and.... all get rehomed.I wonder is it this rescue centre which find it hard to rehome them or has anyone noticed its a problem finding home for them? AND WHY?

Link to CatChat