Author Topic: Tortie moments? Please help tortie owners  (Read 8054 times)

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
Re: Tortie moments? Please help tortie owners
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 16:34:04 PM »
Tigger is far too sensible and dignified to have mad half hours (she looks at BB like he's mental) but now it's getting colder Bilbo seems to have 'woken up' and is planning on having a mad half hour that lasts all winter lol. Any time you stand up or move he runs up and down the long hallway I have and throws his toys everywhere lol.  :rofl: :rofl:
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 16:24:27 PM »
Totally agree with you Lynn-Su - all furbabes have mad half hours (although in the bengal boys case it sometimes feels like half weeks!!!!)

Offline Lyn-Su

• Senior Cat
  • Fearne
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 16:21:06 PM »
We have a gorgeous tortie & white Fearne and she's brilliant (picture in the gallery) She's v quite placid most of the time, but she has these mad half hours.
I'd also heard about this "tortitude" and put these mad half hours down to that, but from posting on cat chat & here I realise that all cats are a bit like that and her being a lunatic has nothing to do with her fur colour and everything to do with her being a cat  :rofl:

Tortie are great :D I hope she settles in well  :luck:

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 16:20:00 PM »
Beth - When do you get your little girl home?  Cannot wait to see her pics!!!!

Offline Catwhisperer

• Adult Cat
  • LUVERLY LUNA !
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 16:18:44 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

I have a very tina 6 month old black torie called LUNA or Luverly Luna to her mates. She is the most loving freindly playful mischieveous gorgeous budle of luv I ever met. Before her brothers left she was nice but a bit shy & stayed in the background but when they went to new homes she blossomed. She sleeps with me every night running up the stairs ahead of me & diving on the bed. I have given up trying to read as all I get are furry face rubs and her cute little bum in my face. She makes me laugh so much. During the night she will wake up several times to give me little face rubs as if to make sure I'm satill there and that I still love her. She is so very lovely !!!!!!!
If I could have 10 of her I would because she is so sweet. If your new little Miss turns out to be half as affectionate as Luna you will be thrilled to bits, I promise !
Good Luck with the adoption & look forward to hearing tales of her new life !
Love LIz & Luna XXXXXXXXX

[attachment deleted by admin]
LOVE IS  -  FURRY FACE RUBS !

Offline Beth (Mouse's Mum)

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 16:08:25 PM »
Awww thank you, Linda your Ellie sounds just like Bliss, the same colours  :Luv:

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 15:45:42 PM »
Me too Lottie - Ellie had no large patches of white at all - very 'scruffy' mix of dark brown, choc brown, red, fawn, cream etc - a bit brindle actually.  I lost her this time last year in traumatic circumstances and miss her loads x  I need to see if I can scan a couple of pictures of her onto laptop so I can post some  :)

Oh no sorry to hear that Linda  :( :( Love the name too, I think Ellie is a lovely name for a cat (I've got a solid white Ellie). Look forward to seeing the pics of her.

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 15:42:55 PM »
Me too Lottie - Ellie had no large patches of white at all - very 'scruffy' mix of dark brown, choc brown, red, fawn, cream etc - a bit brindle actually.  I lost her this time last year in traumatic circumstances and miss her loads x  I need to see if I can scan a couple of pictures of her onto laptop so I can post some  :)

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 15:34:08 PM »
I love torties without white (just black and red), they are sooo cute.

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 15:27:45 PM »
My beautiful furbabe Ellie who I had for a good number of years was a brown tortie and was a fantastic girl.  Like Lottie for me its only a type/colour.  I know what you mean about looking a little scruffy though LOL.

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 14:48:19 PM »
Thank you  ;)  Was so worried when they said unpredictable that she'd be really evil.  She was the perfect temperment for Mouse, really laid back and loving, yet playfull at the same time.

She's complete tortie, we've never had one before, have had black & whites and tabby's but not a tortie.  She looks funny but i think that's just because she's not one colour like we're used to, she looks scruffy  ;D

There were some gorgeous kittens there too, was very tempted, but Bliss had been waiting for a home for so long, and we think she'll be perfect.  (fingers crossed)

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 14:41:16 PM »
Tortie is just a fur colour so don't worry.  I have heard some people say about torties having 'torti-tude' (attitude for torties) but I have never known a tortie to act any differently to any other colour cat. Is she a tortie with white or without white?

• Adult Cat
Tortie moments? Please help tortie owners
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 14:38:42 PM »
Hi everyone,

We're looking to adopt a 12 month old female spayed tortie called Bliss, from our local RSPCA.  She will be a new friend for our 16 month old tabby neutered male.

She was absolutely gorgeous when we went to see her yesterday, ever so friendly, cuddly, laid back and purry.

However i've just read about another cat on the RSPCA site which is also a tortie and they describe her as 'has tortie moments, any tortie owner will know torties can be unpredictable'.  Now i'm a bit concerned, what do they mean by 'unpredictable'? and 'tortie moments'?

Just worried that although she was fantastic temperment at the cattery, that she'll turn into a monster who will beat on my boy when we get her home  :'(

Link to CatChat