Author Topic: So upset ...............  (Read 6908 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: So upset ...............
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2007, 16:35:19 PM »
its ok little bobo, we all get a bit het up occasionally when we hear about something nasty. :hug:

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2007, 16:25:17 PM »
Can i just apologise for my post last night I dont agree with diggind up dead bodies !!

I had had a bit to drink and was on a rant !

Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2007, 13:12:23 PM »
Might be a good idea to put the links in the petition topics if they are the ones we intend to use  ;)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2007, 12:47:40 PM »

Just found this, is this the shop?

http://www.thepetshopofpettswood.co.uk/

If so, this is their address (they don't have an email ad as yet):

The Pet Shop of Petts Wood
121-123 Queensway
Petts Wood
ORPINGTON
Kent
BR5 1DG

Well done and Thank you HippyKitty
Yep thats the shop and the ugly man in the middle of the pic is the one i spoke to in there the other day. (i was right he is the manager)

Susanne,
I think you are right.
It would be better if i went and had a chat with the manager (as long as he doesnt call me "luv" again). Maybe the gentle approach would work - together with lots of make up and boobs out on show  :rofl:

I also love peoples ideas about standing outside pickerting but its rather a nice area and that sort of thing wouldnt be "the done thing"  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2007, 09:23:35 AM »
Alternatively we could organise a Purrs demo outside the shop 

God could you imagine that!  :rofl:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2007, 09:18:41 AM »
That's a shame they're legit and have a licence - I was also going to suggest contacting the local authority to check.  I would keep an eye on them and make sure they are keeping them in what could be considered appropriate conditions for kittens - surely the animal welfare act would stipulate that they have room to run about and play?

How about taking a deep breath and trying to have a reasonable chat with the new owner?  Maybe he, like lots of people, is unaware of the extent of over population, of the fact that kittens should be with their mum til at least 8 weeks and pref longer, and the fact that he's encouraging the breeding of non pedigree cats by creating a market.  Perhaps you could go in and apologise for being abrupt the other day (not that you were in the wrong - just to butter him up) and then explain that you were just shocked to see kittens there as the previous owners didn't sell kittens or puppies and you are concerned because there is such a problem with homeless cats.  Maybe you could find some leaflets to take along from regarding overpopulation and the need to neuter/spay.  If he insists he wants to continue selling kittens maybe you could ask whether he would consider not getting them in until they're a bit older, and making sure they have worm and flea treatment at least, and preferably vaccinations, before he sells them.

Alternatively we could organise a Purrs demo outside the shop  :rofl:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 09:19:42 AM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2007, 08:11:08 AM »
Sorry, got a bit carried away.  :evillaugh:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2007, 07:42:47 AM »
Michelle, if you Google the shop, you may find the email address. Is it in Bromley? I found this:

http://www.touchbromley.com/business/list/bid/4164916

and many others. On the one above, you can review the local businesses. If you can find the email address, please let us know so that we can mass mail them.

It may be worth contacting a local newspaper. I'm sure they would love to run this story.

This link also has the address. Maybe several peeps (I'd be willing) could write to this ignorant oaf.

Just found this, is this the shop?

http://www.thepetshopofpettswood.co.uk/

If so, this is their address (they don't have an email ad as yet):

The Pet Shop of Petts Wood
121-123 Queensway
Petts Wood
ORPINGTON
Kent
BR5 1DG

And here are some of the local rags you could contact. There are contact details on this link:

http://www.bromley.gov.uk/news/mediacontacts/local_newspapers.htm
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 08:09:26 AM by Hippykitty »
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2007, 01:03:53 AM »
Blackcat that approach sounds ideal. Would love to have some regulation here to protect these little souls.

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2007, 23:02:02 PM »
Signed both petitions
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2007, 22:48:59 PM »
there is a pet shop chain in NZ that sells kittens and puppies. None are less than 12 weeks old. they have had their shots and the price you pay includes the cost of future neutering, three months free vet insurance and so forth - it seems a more responsible approach than wee kittens barely old enough to leave their mothers. Perhaps lobbying government for tighter regulatory controls ?? The price is ginormous, even for moggies but it limits the option of spontaneous cute kitten purchases and makes sure people think things through ( come to think of it, I believe they also have a cooling off period built in ..)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2007, 22:45:03 PM »
Therefore I think that digging up an already dead body is nothing at the end of the day they are dead !..Far worse to operate on a living body while it is still awake !

The local pet shop near me sells kittens ..Fortunately the previous owners where hideous and the new owners now vaccinate and chip the animals and also give a dontation to the CP ..not ideal i know but at least they are making an effort and better perhaps to be in a pet shop than with some of the people who actually bred them to give to pet shops..!

I agree the experimentation is wrong, I don't feel that the right way to go about highlighting this is to make other people suffer.

The petshop near you sounds a lot more practical in its approach to selling kittens. Not ideal, but better than most!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2007, 20:48:45 PM »
Firstly on the animal rights peeps can i just say that in my naive days i used to work for a ''life science'' company and was regularly shouted at, hurled abuse, even had horse poo thrown at me which at the time i thought was so out of order and i was working towards a cure for cancer or aids ..anyway one day i made a realisation and also saw the disgusting and appaling conditions that these beautiful and amazing animals were being kept in ( not sure i should be saying this but i have had a drink !!) ..and i quit my job and began sitting on the other side of the fence ...but instead of throwing abuse i decided to talk to people and explain what actually happened in these places and some of the things i have seen have been truly awful and would shock perhaps the broadest minded of people !..There fore i think that digging up an already dead body is nothing at the end of the day they are dead !..far worse to operate on a living body while it is still awake !

Anyway apologies for going off on a tangent and i do hope i have not upset anyone that is not my intention i just feel it is vital we get the message out there to people of the mass suffering of so much suffering.

The local pet shop near me sells kittens ..Fortunately the previous owners where hideous and the new owners now vaccinate and chip the animals and also give a dontation to the CP ..not ideal i know but at least they are making an effort and better perhaps to be in a pet shop than with some of the people who actually bred them to give to pet shops..!

Anyway sorry for going on xx
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2007, 20:23:18 PM »
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/kittens/

I found that on the government petitions site. Not sure if it covers exactly what people want.

I think this is a good petition too:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/cataccidents/

Signed both anyway x

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2007, 19:08:45 PM »

Kittens £90 each
These kittens are ages between 7 and 8 and1/2 weeks old
You will need,
A worming tablet or spot on (sold in the shop)
A litter tray
Litter
Litter tray
Kitten food

Crikey for that price I would want all that kit thrown in!!! sorry, bad taste joke - but that is outrageous and they weren't even sure of how old the kittens were, let alone providing advice on their future care (neutering, vaccinations and so forth. But of course these services weren't sold in the shop so they couldn't make a profit out of it I guess - what horrible people!!! (ooo and it annoys me when people call me 'luv' to the point that, unless they are of a certain age and class they generally get a hard serve.......)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2007, 19:02:08 PM »
Mental cruelty is just as bad a physical cruelty.
There is no room for any extremism regardless of the cause, the end doesn't justify the means. Sorry

Tend to agree. There's a right and a wrong way to make your opinion heard. Showing blatant disregard for someones family after they've passed away isn't it.

If a petitions set up, I'll definately sign it.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline reneemaaa

• Adult Cat
  • Freya and Ivan
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2007, 16:36:46 PM »
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/kittens/

I found that on the government petitions site. Not sure if it covers exactly what people want.

I think this is a good petition too:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/cataccidents/

A cat can purr its way out of anything!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2007, 15:42:40 PM »
Thats a shame, was hoping they weren't legit  >:(

Although getting a mass boycott together would take alot of effort it would work, as long as he makes money he'll keep getting the kittens in  >:(

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2007, 15:28:41 PM »
Michelle you could make leaflets and stand outside the shop and hand them out, if enough people boycott him then he will stop. SARC did this to a bloke and he went out of business  ;D

Also enquire with the council to see if he has the right licence, if not it will stop straight away.

Just spoken with Bromley council and the shop does have a licence and has been visited within the last 2wks by council and vet and i was told everything is in order   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I trid to say that there was no way the kittens were 8wks old and again i was told that a visit has been made

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2007, 14:36:25 PM »
there is no room for any extremism regardless of the cause, the end doesn't justify the means sorry

Hear Hear

I agree.  Also, it is counter-productive.  Terrorist actions deter most people from supporting any cause.  If you want mass support, then logical persuasion is the way to achieve it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 15:09:34 PM by Christine (Blip) »
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2007, 14:33:52 PM »
Michelle you could make leaflets and stand outside the shop and hand them out, if enough people boycott him then he will stop. SARC did this to a bloke and he went out of business  ;D

Also enquire with the council to see if he has the right licence, if not it will stop straight away.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2007, 14:10:57 PM »
with the exception of my neighbours just now i'd say in general i agree with that statement these days.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2007, 14:05:55 PM »
mental cruelty is just as bad a physical cruelty

there is no room for any extremitism regardless of the cause, the end doesn't justify the means sorry

Hear Hear

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2007, 14:01:39 PM »
mental cruelty is just as bad a physical cruelty

there is no room for any extremitism regardless of the cause, the end doesn't justify the means sorry

Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2007, 13:51:53 PM »

Although digging up and hiding that dead womans (guinea pig breeder) was totally unecessary  :tired:

I'm not saying it was the best way to go about things, but it got the desired effect which was a good thing, and no one got hurt physically  ;)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 13:55:34 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2007, 13:47:15 PM »
Its -
"The Pet Shop of Petts Wood"  

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2007, 13:46:30 PM »
Yes dawn thats basically what i was meaning  ;)

Sorry whether i agree or dont agree with the actions when bombs/ letter bombs / fires / death threats etc etc etc  are carried out, it still doesnt get away from the fact its terrorism, (trying to stop someone by installing terror) I am sure al kaleda or that bin laden dont see their actions as terrorism because the believe in their cause  :-:

That doesnt mean i havent sided with the AR's folk  ;)  Although digging up and hiding that dead womans (guinea pig breeder) was totally unecessary  :tired:

I cant actually see why the goverment cant just ban and make illegal those type of pet shop sales, after all its not like they will be making lots of revenue from it unlike fags etc  >:(

MBll

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2007, 13:33:12 PM »
Where is this petshop anyway ?

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2007, 13:31:12 PM »
Wow what a great response

I would deff sign anything that gets put together.

Can i ask a favour too -
I am suffering from a  :sick: bug today so just popping back to pc when i can.
Would someone like to compose me a letter to send to petshop please ?

MBll

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2007, 13:25:59 PM »
I consider AR folk to be the voices & freedom fighters .........long may they live & rock

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2007, 13:24:19 PM »
Iv seen  a few posts on the site from vaious rescues

Must be down to the home check required then  :(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2007, 13:22:41 PM »
Have to try it out at home tonight if you don't get to it first Dawn.

That would be great Ruth, I do have a link somewhere that shows how to do online petitions so if I find it, I'll email to you  :)  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2007, 13:22:25 PM »
What a brilliant thought....id certainly sign it....defo worth a go  :ok:

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 13:22:08 PM »
Oooo brilliant Ruth!  ;D
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 13:20:43 PM »
I think what Lynn is saying is that some not all, do take things a little too far.  Most of my contacts are AR's and some are a little nutty if I'm honest but they are nutty for the right reasons  :evillaugh:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2007, 13:19:40 PM »
I think I can s
I do know someone who does actually  ;)  I'll see what I can do  :sneaky:

I think I can too. Have to try it out at home tonight if you don't get to it first Dawn.

MBll

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 13:18:00 PM »
I know animals rights people (some of them) are basically terrorists

Erh  animal rights folk are not terrorists lynn

Cant the cat charity's advertise on the tree too? Then ppl could see for themselves what is included in their price  ;)

Iv seen  a few posts on the site from vaious rescues
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 13:20:32 PM by RatiesRule »

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 13:16:30 PM »
Yay would be brilliant if we managed to get enough signatures for it to be made law  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 13:13:57 PM »
and I know quite a few AR's that will sign  ;)

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 13:12:05 PM »
Brilliant as everyone on here will sign it and most of us on here can send an email out to people getting them to sign it and/or cross post to other forums  ;D ;D

Link to CatChat