Author Topic: Things you cat does that gets on your nerves  (Read 6553 times)

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
Re: Things you cat does that gets on your nerves
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2007, 16:50:56 PM »
yep, particularly the parts of your chest that are better served with nerve-endings than the rest (won't use the 'n' word here) :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: I wonder if it's censored hahaha

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2007, 16:50:22 PM »
Oh yes, Max is very good at that one as well  :tired:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2007, 16:48:49 PM »
yep, particularly the parts of your chest that are better served with nerve-endings than the rest (won't use the 'n' word here) :rofl: :rofl:

• Super Cat
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2007, 16:46:47 PM »
standing stiff-footed on your bladder first thing in the morning

Or on your chest  :tired: And then he starts kneading it  :rofl:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2007, 16:36:21 PM »
standing stiff-footed on your bladder first thing in the morning

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2007, 16:24:38 PM »
Forgot about them chasing the brush when I'm trying to brush the floors. That one really drives me mad!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2007, 12:47:26 PM »
Pogoing on the bed before i wanna be awake so that every movemnt gives you a tail swish across the eyes and leaves fur behind.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2007, 09:38:14 AM »
Mithering me early in the morning when I'm only half awake :(

This morning after my alarm went off Jaffa was just walking round and round me, pawing at me and meowing.  I just wanted a bit of time before I took that brave step out of my bed and into today, but he wasn't having it.  I tried to hide under the duvet but then Mosi started swiping at me under the covers.  The pair of them were just a complete pain.  I actually got up, shut them out of the bedroom and went back to bed for 5 mins so that I could just lie there for a bit without cats climbing all over me.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 09:39:49 AM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2007, 09:34:14 AM »
two cats stretched out full length and snuggled as close as they can get either side of you on a hot brisbane night when there should be only a ceiling fan between you and the ceiling.
Climbing the christmas tree and eating the decorations just before your guests arrive
peeing on your face in the middle of the night (only one, and he had real problems)
peeing on guests clothes so they find themselves reeking of cat pee when sitting in a plane on their way home
peeing on your shoes so they only start smelling when you get to work
refusing to eat a food that they loved this morning
remind me why we can't live without them??? :-:

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2007, 01:57:34 AM »
Climbing all over the kitchen is what annoys me the most. I came in yesterday and Daisy was asleep in the dish draining rack thing, Meeko on the window sill, and Boo (formerly known as Belle) sprawled out in the sink! Little rascals.

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2007, 10:43:23 AM »
Well as I've only had my babies for just over week, there's not much to annoy me yet  :Luv: . Although 2 baby kitties trying to "help" clean the litter tray out can get kind of frustrating  :tired:

Emma

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2007, 07:50:57 AM »
Menue is perfect... not!!

- she keeps jumping on top of the telly and knocking everything off so she can sit in the window when the curtains are drawn!
- frequent clawing at settee, carpet, duvet cover
- despite being a small cat and having a big litter tray, she always manages to poo over the side of it!
- will sit in the middle of the hallway, then when you go to walk round her will attack your ankles!
- never meeows! ever!! even when she has to go to the vets!! Just one meeow would make my day! It's more of a chirruping sound!
- leaves toys everywhere!!

But, I wouldn't change her for the world!!
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2007, 03:18:12 AM »
On second thoughts, nothing they do gets on my nerves.

I'm just so glad to have them, even when they're annoying.

If they weren't here, I'd miss all those things that annoy.  :hug:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline littleKitten_(alex)

• Senior Cat
  • Poppy the Lion
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2007, 12:05:20 PM »
When they throw up in the only room with carpet (of course), and then before I even have a chance to clean that up, do a smelly one in the litter tray - and get a piece of poo stuck in the tail...

(Poppy, this morning.)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2007, 18:22:06 PM »
Just remembered one for Jaffa - his determination to sit between me and the monitor!  Like he's doing now  >:(

Offline Annie

• Adult Cat
    • Catster
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2007, 17:15:32 PM »
One more annoying thing about my Sam..

He's come and lay himself on me and over one of my arms, making it difficult to type.. But not only that, he's fallen asleep and is snoring sooo much! I forgot he snores, it's cute usually, but it's all I've been hearing for the past 15 mins.. :doh:

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2007, 16:23:57 PM »
Mango- When she goes to the ltter tray (even when she doesn't need it) and constantly claws at the the plastic liner until it rips. When you tidy it back up, she comes back to rip it again  :innocent:
Claws at duvet cover in the night until you lift it and let her in for a cuddle  :Luv: and also nicks Chutney's food when she isn't looking.

Chutney- Mews when she wants to play (sounds more like a wolf howling) which becomes more insistent when you cant find her special laser pen!!
Likes to climb the laundy rack, which means little black hairs on your nice white duvet cover  :tired:

Love em though....

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2007, 14:50:47 PM »
Hmmm this could be a long list.......  :rofl:

Mogs
Makes a liar out of me eg I say she doesnt jump on things shes next seen sitting on top of the bookcase
I say she doesnt steal and she has the beef from my lunch
She leans against me in the mornings for a good wash and squleches and spits its disgusting
She decided to explore the landing without me knowing and got locked out there and that was somehow my fault

Amber
She cant be trusted with windows
She wont eat breakfast. I can give her the same food at tea time and she eats it give it at breakfast she leaves it.
If she does eat breakfast she comes into the front room and throws up at my feet
She sucks flies and bugs then spits them at my feet (normally when Im eating)
She takes great delight in 'tapping' things so they fall off the surface and then when they're on the she can play with them (especially pens!)
She always gets on my knee just as Im about to get up and makes me feel guilty

Thing is the pair of them then sit and look cute and I forgive them everything
love
Tab

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2007, 13:38:57 PM »
Haha well my 2 little darlings have few faults(!) but here goes:  :evillaugh:

Nina:
 - Finding white hairs everywhere - we were still covered in the Dominican Republic with clothes that we put in the suitcase brand new!
 - Her sleeping on top of me when i am on my side in bed. Bottom in my face obviously
 - Mood swings - best friends one minute, scum of the earth next minute
 - Having to hide hands under the duvet or risk constant torment all night
 - Near constant whinging for food (through greed not hunger)

Kiki:
 - Finding black hairs everywhere - we were still covered in the Dominican Republic with clothes that we put in the suitcase brand new!
 - Obsession with legs and feet - good job we live in a flat otherwise i'd be dead at the bottom of the stairs by now
 - Her pitiful cries at anything and everything (worse if engage in conversation with her - its neverending then)
 - Abilty to sleep on the only item of my clean clothing on the whole (otherwise clear) bed, thus covering with hair again

But i loves them!  :Luv:  :Luv:

ems
xxxx

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2007, 13:15:04 PM »
deforst.  That's defrost.  Why on earth don't I use the spellcekher?    :evillaugh:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 13:12:24 PM »
With Paddy it's food.  The food he loves on Monday, and can't get enough of, is little more than disgusting scum if he's offered the same kind on Friday.

And he sits in front of me, moon faced, chuffy cheeked and thin.  Showing me how thin he's getting.  Thinner by the second.  See - thin, thin, thin!!!!  Until I can stand no more and get up and deforts the fillet steak we were keeping for a BBQ.

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
  • Sam - missing since 29th August 2007 xx
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2007, 11:31:38 AM »
Ok after my recent incident with Sam the first one is pretty easy:

- Going missing for 24 hrs at a time and worrying me sick (especially if escaped with a 'lampshade' on his head)
- Crying to go out but when I open the patio door he sits there with his head poking out into the breeze but does not actually go out, particularly annoying if it is mid-winter and the heat is escaping from the house at a rate of knotts!
- Using my wooden framed bed as a scratch post
- waking me up at 5 in the morning by scratching me/nipping my toes
- when he is hungry he gets a bit crazy and wont let me actually get down the stairs to feed him without trying to munch on my toes or grab my leg for a quick bite!
- not sticking up for himself with the local cats who chase him out of his own garden at times and I have to go out and chase the bully cats away  >:(

I do adore him though so maybe we should have a separate thread about what we adore most about them too to even the balance? :)

• Super Cat
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2007, 10:46:20 AM »
Tilly - Meowing every time I open the cupboard because thats where her treats are. When it opens she runs in right to the back corner and it's a struggle to get her back out without giving her a treat  :tired:

Charlie - Standing at the kitchen sink when all the dirty dishes are lying out, then he proceeds to trample across them making everything fall.
          - Everytime you open the front door he runs out  :scared: Luckily I'm in a top floor flat, so it's not too dangerous, but he's getting braver, today he ran down the first flight of stairs. I had to chase him in
            jammies.
          - Charlie's also guilty of running in the cupboard.
          - He used to lie around my head and take up most of the pillow, now he lets Missy do that.
          - Using the couch as his scratching post  :Crazy: Drives me CRAZY.

Missy - Razor sharp claws, which she likes to scratch with when getting her ears cleaned. (I clipped them for the first time the other day  ;D What a difference :))
        - Pees and poos on the carpet a few times, my fault really though for moving the litter tray..

I have so much patience as well when it comes to cats though  :) No matter what they do I just absolutely love them. Charlies the worst but he's my wee baby boy, I adore him.
The pros weigh out the cons really  :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2007, 10:18:29 AM »
All my cats are angels and they don't do anything that gets on my nerves  :evillaugh:

Except

Willow
1. Climbs up my leg to be picked up, hangs over my shoulder - even if I'm working but when she has had enough, the claws go in as she jumps over my shoulder. I have permanent scratches and scabs on my back & shoulders to prove it

2. Peeing on anything and everything.

3. Constantly attacking poor clapton when he goes past

4. Running across beds & sofas

Kylie
Worrying for food all the time when there is food already in her bowl

Clapton
1. A la carte eating habits (not fair as he's sick I suppose but I had to open 4 kinds before his lordship approved this morning)
2. Sitting on Keyboard

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2007, 09:04:15 AM »
I'm not a big fan of the way that Bilbo gorges on whatever furry mammal he can find, then projectile vomits it across the floor when it upsets his tummy  :tired:

Baggins is a fairly inoffensive little fellow, although he has a habit of sitting with his face an inch away from mine just as I wake up. Its terrifying when you're half asleep  :evillaugh:
From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 08:54:32 AM »
Lirael likes to jump up on our one bookcase that we don't want her on.

it has a Lego AT AT that's 1.5ft tall and took my husband 8 hours one christmas morning to put together.

She likes to take its head off.

He won't let me move it so its a constant battle of wills.

Smoke & Penguin don't do too much that annoys. Smoke has peed in bathtub once that I know of.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 08:37:35 AM »
The reason I ask is, Ozzy has now started to sleep in my bed near my head, but she has a habbit of bitting my nose when I am asleep

Jessica sleeps on my pillow and she is constantly putting one of her paws with  claws very slightly out on my eyelids.
I can't say it gets on my nerves as if it did I wouldn't allow her to sleep where she does. In fact nothing my little ones could ever do would get to me, as where pets are concerned I have the patience of a Saint. Unfortunately I cannot say the same about some people.

PEE'S ON DUVET'S   

Teddy used to do that but even then I knew there must be a reason, it stopped as soon as my daughter moved out with her 3 cats. For some reason Teddy had taken a dislike to Sophie who was the sweetest little girl you could wish to meet.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 07:00:27 AM »
gosh thats the easiest question in the world...

PEE'S ON DUVET'S   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Yep we had an incident yesterday  >:( >:(

Offline Annie

• Adult Cat
    • Catster
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 00:20:19 AM »
Sam (6 yrs old) climbing up the curtains, I swear they're gonna fall down one of these days...
Susie nips you when she feels she's not getting enough attention, especially if the computer is getting more..
Fluffy takes things out on me instead of the other cats, for example one of the others hits him or annoys him in anyway, guess who gets bitten or meowed at, me! He is also not well behaved at the vets, despite being 11 he still has the reputation of scratching the vet up and running round the room with the needle in his neck  :Crazy:...
Cindy is a wriggle bum, I reckon she's a Fluffy in the making, am not looking forward to her next visit to the vet (which I am hoping will not be for another year for her booster)..

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2007, 23:59:51 PM »
Isn't it awful when they purr into your face after eating fish! I'm sure they know I don't like it.

The bottom inspection is a frequent thing. I think they think that if they show me their nice clean sixpence, I'll tell them how proud I am!

Polly's taken to making little insisten 'wew' noises when I'm asleep. Silly cat! The only way to shut her up is to shut her in the lounge.

And when I'm using the laptop, they decide that the corner of the monitor is a great place to scratch their faces.

Oh, and they knock over piles of books cos they think these are special cat nose-rubbing places.

:rofl:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2007, 22:06:06 PM »
Hmm..! Now let me see. Ozzie's still a kitten, isn't she?  :innocent: :innocent:

Your nose... it isn't thin and pointy - a bit like a nipple, is it..???  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My Tilly jumps on the chair arm, stares me straight in the eye, then turns tail and sticks her soft pink bit right in my face!  :sick:

Offline goatboy

• Adult Cat
  • Ozzy Sparked out
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2007, 21:58:16 PM »
Maybe she dosnt like your snoring?  :rofl:

Cheeky!  :sneaky: I sleep on my front, so I don't snore....lol

Looks like we all have an alarm clock cat. And one that ignores everything in the bedroom unless you are asleep then everything becomes their playground.
I've taken to licking her nose when she is asleep so she knows how anoying it can be. Doesn't work though.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007, 21:43:23 PM »
Misa and his dead mice grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline Lyn-Su

• Senior Cat
  • Fearne
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 20:48:57 PM »
OH pretending to be asleep and ignoring the little  :censored: so that I have to deal with him  >:(

Yup, I get that one too  :tired:

The Fearne likes to sleep on my head or on my shoulder and then slowly spreads out and takes over the whole of my pillow and I wake up with her paw in my eye.

Also the general lying newspaper as I'm trying to read them or sitting on the keyboard when I want to type.

But I suppose my OH is probably more annoying out of the two  :rofl:

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 20:39:50 PM »
Cosmo cat going mad for his wand toys and ripping our duvet cover with his claws as he picks them up and carries them around; Cosmo waking me up at 4 in the morning by playing wiv fings he knows he shouldn't that are on my bedside table and that he ignores rest of the time  >:(; Cosmo sitting on my chest at 4:30 in the morning, kneading his paws; Cosmo purring in my ear to wake me up every morning :tired:...
and OH pretending to be asleep and ignoring the little  :censored: so that I have to deal with him  >:(

I'm sooooo  :tired:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 19:48:52 PM »
Things Gerti does to annoy me: Pushes Doc out of the way and eats his food when shes eaten hers

Things Doc does to annoy me: Pushes Cheese out of the way and eats her food when Gerti starts eating his

Things Cheese does to annoy me: Doesnt defend her food despite being feisty and hungry!

:rofl: either me or OH supervises them every meal time!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 19:49:17 PM by Cheesecat (Dawn) »
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 19:45:01 PM »
What gets on my nerves is the way they come and lie beside me or on my lap then proceed to wash themselves noisily.  I've even been woken in the night by them having an extremely thorough wash an inch away from my ear  :doh:

ccmacey

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 19:29:22 PM »
Now thats strange, I hear everyone saying their cats wake them up at so and so am but my cats have never done this and I always get up before them, even if I have a lie in.

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 19:24:41 PM »
 :innocent: :innocent: my cat (now chasing angel mice) Bob used to lie on top of my head like a davie crocket hat and when i fell asleep used to bit my chin!!!!!

so when when he snuggled down, and i was about to fall asleep i used to pick him up and put him further down the bed,  i would be wide awake then and he would be cheesed of

did this for a while and it worked patience is the key word  he did eventually sleep on my head but no biting and we all got a sleep !!!!! until 5am when he wanted to play :rofl:

cant live with them cant live without them bless
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 19:23:58 PM »
Maybe she dosnt like your snoring?  :rofl:

Ted likes to crap on the kitchen floor and in the bath, this really gets on my nerves but what can I do?  :tired: Another cat of mine likes to follow me around for HOURS till I feed him, although there will be food in the bowls, hence the name Oliver.  :shy:

Link to CatChat