Author Topic: My new Ragdoll Kitten  (Read 6744 times)

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
Re: My new Ragdoll Kitten
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2007, 16:30:08 PM »
let us know how you get on monkey  :evillaugh:

i didnt mean to critisise , i wish you luck ,just be wary and dont be afraid to walk away , i have left many a lovlely ragdoll kitten abd walked away because the breeder didnt seem right or the kittens were not raised indoors or not good enough show quality

i am really excited about getting little Luna next sat , i have waited ages for her, thats if we dont get flooded again this week  :doh:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2007, 13:46:14 PM »
yes my show kitten has been sold to me breed/show as most of but not all show kittens are

Actually, that's not true.  The criteria for a show cat is different to that of a breeding cat - a show cat needs to physically match the breed standard, but a breeding cat may actually have minor faults that mean it won't do fantastically well in the show ring but it may have good type and be potentially very good to use in a breeding programme.  And of course the cat's background and genetics are more important in a breeding cat than in a neutered show cat.  A cat of show quality is usually still registered on the non active register.   I worry about breeders selling cats on the active register to people who don't have a lot of experience showing and/or breeding and who didn't specifically ask for a breeding queen.  Apologies if you do have experience showing - I don't know but your original post sounded like you were looking for a pet?  Is she your first ragdoll?  I really would recommend gettign experience showing a neuter first before you consider breeding.  And if you dont want to breed, please be very wary of any breeder willing to sell you a breeding cat.  Reputable breeders will not sell a breeding quality cat to anyone who asks - they will ask you lots of questions about your planned breeding programme - and why you want to breed - and only sell cats on the active register to those with experience of showing.  I don't understand why a breeder would offer you a cat suitable for breeding and place her on the non active register like that.  Tbh it sounds a bit dodgy to me. 

cheekee_munkee

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2007, 13:11:46 PM »
If there was 8 there maybe a problem lol. I would be very tempted though. I guess there could be a chance of needing homes, but I know I will be very strict and I would makie sure the kittens best welfare was the most important thing. Anyway Im leaving now so wish me luck. I hope my life experience and gut instinct will help me.

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2007, 13:04:07 PM »
Will you keep the whole of the litter yourself? (remember cats can have litters of 7 or 8!)

You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

cheekee_munkee

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2007, 12:46:01 PM »
She is £800

I think its just a lucky coincidence that she came up so quickly.

Not intending to show but may change my mind.

Not intending to go into breeding. Just want one bunch of little ones for me and then she will be done.

At the end of the day. I want a healthy lovng pet who my other cats and me can adore.

Thankyou though for youre thoughts. I will be very cautious today.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 12:47:50 PM by cheekee_munkee »

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2007, 12:25:30 PM »
That is exactly what I was thinking Cosmic!! It sounds very odd to me.

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 12:21:34 PM »
mmmmm , i have serched far and wide and it took months to find my show kitten , are you going to be showing her

breed/show ragdoll kittens are between £700-£800

i have had many questions and had to go through a lot of reserch and breeders to get my show kitten and i have had to be preared to wait , yes my show kitten has been sold to me breed/show as most of but not all show kittens are

think carefully and judge your breeder wisely it seems odd that you have come across a breed/show to take home today so quickly and please do think hard about breeding there is no money in it if you look after the ttens and mother properly

if you are going to go down the show route i will probably see you at some

i do wish you luck but please be carefull

cheekee_munkee

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2007, 12:00:48 PM »
Hi.

She is being sold to me as as breeding potential and will be on the active register.

She's only a kitten so anything like that is a while away yet.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 11:52:01 AM »
What a shame.  I agree it's unprofessional of the breeder to back out once she'd taken a deposit but it's pointless dwelling on it and making an issue of it. 

Your new kitty looks gorgeous - but please don't rush into buying her due to the disappointment of the other sale falling through.  She does look lovely though  :Luv:

When you say she's a breeding queen, do you mean she's a retired breeding queen or she is being sold as a breeding queen?  Just a bit confused - were you buying the other kitten as a breeding queen?

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 11:39:13 AM »
She's beautiful, good luck  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

ccmacey

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 11:34:56 AM »
She looks even cuter and more of a kitten too, good luck.

cheekee_munkee

« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2007, 11:30:45 AM »
Hi and thankyou all for your comments.
I do think it was unprofessional, but I do agree with you that sometimes it isnt to be. Its just how heartbreaking it can be.

Have found another potential Kitten. A show quality breeding queen.

here she is. Going to see her in an hour and if all ok, I can take her home today.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 11:31:37 AM by cheekee_munkee »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007, 10:02:35 AM »
You could remind her that as she accepted the deposit (did she cash it?) then a contract was made. If you really want the kitten, it might be worth speaking to a solicitor about it?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007, 09:05:05 AM »
Oh no that's devastating for you. I can see it from the breeders perspective as well though but that doesn't make it any easier for you. Big  :hug: and I'm sure the purrfect kitten is out there somewhere for you!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 09:05:16 AM by Team Svartalfheim's »

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 08:43:15 AM »
http://www.tbrcc.co.uk/

have a look on this website under breeders directory , breeders list
i have been to see and spoke to loads of breeders untill i decided on my breeder , i live in yokshire and am getting mine from scotland
you may think a little extream but i am having a show kitten , i would be devistated if this happens to me as i also have named my kitten

were do u live i may beable to recommend one

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 08:05:01 AM »
Oh that is a shame, and very unprofessional of her to do that after getting your hopes up.

Hope you have better luck next time - ragdolls are gorgeous  :wow:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 06:31:11 AM »
Oh no! how dreadful. You poor thing. But as tigertail says, there is always a reason for something like this and it opens a new door to opportunity. I can understand it from the breeder's point of view, but she does seem to have left it a bit late. I usually knew within a few days of their eyes opening which ones would be hard to part with and so they were never offered. Chin up and we will all have our fingers crossed for you.

Offline tigertail

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 05:46:05 AM »
I cant believe that has happened to you.  I can understand how upsetting it must be for you and how unprofessional of her to do it.  However, it was not meant to be and you will find the kitten of your dreams. 

cheekee_munkee

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007, 01:04:46 AM »
 :(

I cant believe it. I got an email from the breeder saying she was sending my deposit back.

She wants to keep the kitten as it looks like a ragdoll she recently lost and she cant bear to give it up.

It broke my heart to read this. I guess I didn't see this coming. Part of me feels angry because we shook hands and she let me come and visit and pay a big deposit. I fell in love with little one the moment I met her and she made it clear that the kitten was reserved for me and everything was finalised. So now not getting her is really upsetting. On the other hand I know I should try and understand it from her point of view, but its hard right now.

I hope she isn't disappointed in the future as this kitten wont be the cat she lost except in looks.

Anyway I have decided to carry on searching and now hopefully have found another possible Ragdoll kitten. This time I know not to get my hopes up too much until I have any potential kitten home.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 22:23:19 PM »
 :wow: She's gorgeous, those eyes are just stunning  :Luv:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 06:15:32 AM »
Such a cutie!! and those little white mittens!!!

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 06:13:20 AM »
She is stunning, when are you expecting her to arrive?

cheekee_munkee

My new Ragdoll Kitten
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 01:26:14 AM »
Hi.

Very excited as Im getting a new arrival. I decided to get the ragdoll kitten now my other 2 get on.

I have always wanted a raggie kitten. She is so cute.

Im going to name her Chloe.

Have paid the deposit and now have to just hope that she arrives. Everything seems ok but I wont feel settled until she is here.

Here she is.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat