Author Topic: Please help me, Mister stocked in some one garage  (Read 7130 times)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Re: Please help me, Mister stocked in some one garage
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2011, 00:00:33 AM »
I am so sorry Pav and can well understand how upsetting this is esp as he is so young  :(  :hug: :hug:.  As Gill said, I would telephone RSPCA 1st thing say 7am and lie about how long he has been there.  Make sure they understand how young he is. 

If they don't help, phone a locksmith and explain that your cat is stuck in your garage and you have lost the key as you do not use it very often.  Naturally you will need to make good the lock and leave a note on the padlock so the garage owner can contact you.  One night won't hurt him.  He may be young but 3.2kg is a big boy  :hug:  Remember when our Millie was stuck way up high on on roof during terrible wind and rain all night long?  She didn't even get the sniffles.  She has never climbed up there since though and I'm sure MSG will learn a similar lesson about garages.  You may well find he is not quite so insistent about going out for a while either. 

I'll be thinking about you both overnight Pav  :hug: :hug:

Thankyou Rossella
i DID call locksmith i am going to call againa in the morning and say that my OH locked him in and gone away i dont know if they ask for prove to show is my property

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2011, 22:58:15 PM »
He may have an uncomfortable night but he'll cope Pav.  :hug:

The best thing you can do is get his food and water under the garage door and keep checking in on the neighbours to see if they can help

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2011, 22:52:29 PM »
Pavy, I just sent you a text. Go next door to Simon and see if he has a bolt cutter. Or go to Leo to see if he can help. MSG wil be ok, honey, just stay calm. If you don't have joy by morning call my sister. Xx

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2011, 22:48:09 PM »
Pav sweetheart it is not your fault - cats will be cats and we can not keep them in if they want to go out.  We all know how curious they are and they like to explore everywhere.

Have you had a good look around all the garage to see if there are any bigger spaces where he could come out.  He might not be crying cos he's settled down.  At 5 months old he is stronger than you think.

Pav please stop torturing yourself.  They class it as not being an emergency because he is safe and not in a danggerous situation.  Yes you feel it's an emergency and so would we but they have to go by the rules and regs unfortunately.

Mary xx :hug: :hug: :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2011, 22:46:23 PM »
I am so sorry Pav and can well understand how upsetting this is esp as he is so young  :(  :hug: :hug:.  As Gill said, I would telephone RSPCA 1st thing say 7am and lie about how long he has been there.  Make sure they understand how young he is. 

If they don't help, phone a locksmith and explain that your cat is stuck in your garage and you have lost the key as you do not use it very often.  Naturally you will need to make good the lock and leave a note on the padlock so the garage owner can contact you.  One night won't hurt him.  He may be young but 3.2kg is a big boy  :hug:  Remember when our Millie was stuck way up high on on roof during terrible wind and rain all night long?  She didn't even get the sniffles.  She has never climbed up there since though and I'm sure MSG will learn a similar lesson about garages.  You may well find he is not quite so insistent about going out for a while either. 

I'll be thinking about you both overnight Pav  :hug: :hug:

ETA This post was from me in a personal capacity of course and not with Purrs Moddy hat on

« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 10:02:38 AM by Rosella moggy »

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2011, 22:42:41 PM »
Pav, are the garages privately owned or owned by a landlord?
Its landlord we found the care taker for the other two garages but this one only the land lord has detailes and he is in Italy TILL Monday , he must be terrified in there not knowing whats happening i just called rspca again to ask if i should put hot water bottle and they said no cos he may burn him self he has a flat bed shall i put that for him just squees it in but if they see he can have all this are they going to help to get him out every one keep saying is not emergency how caN IT NOT BE ITS A LIFE, SOrry formy typing the tears wont let me see the screen.
Shall i put hot water bottle for him

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 22:38:36 PM »
At least he is young and fit and not an old guy. My feral kittens were out in the cold with very little shelter before I rescued them and they were fine :)

Unless you can get hold of this guy then your best bet is waiting 24 hours and getting the RSPCA and a locksmith/police/fire brigade.

If the garages are owned by a landlord then their contact details maybe around the garage block and if you can got hold of them and then ask them to contact the owner urgently so you can have access or the landlord may even be able to give you access. That's all based on it not being a privately owned freehold garage *hug*
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2011, 22:33:25 PM »
Pav please be careful out there and also be careful of you getting cold. I promise you Mister will be fine, cats are so clever and tough...we don't give them credit for it cos we pamper them. I don't agree with it but my neighbours cat is left out every night...even when there was snow :(

Mister knows that you know he is there so he won't think you've given up on him.  Food, water and RR will keep him well for tonight.

I don't think there is anything else you can do until the morning and daylight xxx
Thankx he is just a baby 5 months old, but the guy comes only once a week and it seems no one is trying to help Police said to call Rspca, and they said they dont have the power to do anything breaking pad locks and firebrigate says they do it if rspca is present but first call i made they said they dont deal with this cases may be is London, i have to get some one to break the lock .
RSPCA said as well that he will be fine and put ice cube throught the gap i fed him and he ate his food but not crying at all and that is what worrieng me , is all my fault he is too young to be out and i let him out but he cries all day and night if i dont

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2011, 22:31:11 PM »
OMG Pav I wish I was there to help you.

IGNORE the neighbour.

Why can't you find out whose garage it is until Monday?

How big is the space you are fitting food?  - Try and put a towel in the space and then Mister can ciddle up to it.  Rub it all over you first so he has your sent and rub it on his bed or wherever he sleeps so he as his smell too.

He is dry and no wind is blowing on him and it takes a long time for a cat to freeze.  We would all be worried and upset in your situation but you have to take care of yourself.

Mary xx :hug: :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2011, 22:28:18 PM »
Do you know where this guy lives for tomorrow or his name to get a phone number?

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 22:27:46 PM »
Pav, are the garages privately owned or owned by a landlord?
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 22:25:33 PM »
Gill he must have got in when the guy was here to day he comes in once a week on Fridays

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 22:23:51 PM »
Pav please be careful out there and also be careful of you getting cold. I promise you Mister will be fine, cats are so clever and tough...we don't give them credit for it cos we pamper them. I don't agree with it but my neighbours cat is left out every night...even when there was snow :(

Mister knows that you know he is there so he won't think you've given up on him.  Food, water and RR will keep him well for tonight.

I don't think there is anything else you can do until the morning and daylight xxx
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 22:22:48 PM »
Right now its important you dont panic and you stay indoors warm.

Second is to put note on the door.

Third is to put food and water under the door if you can.

I am sure he is tired and has found a nice cosy place to sleep.

Tomorrow is a new day and then you need to find a way of getting him out of there.

Ignore neighbour, no such thing as just a cat, a cat is family  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 22:18:46 PM »
Can i take some thing to comfort him? I DONT KNOW WHATS IN THAT GARAGE WHAT IF HE HURTS HIM SELF I CAN PUT FOOD UNDER THE GAP BUT ITS SO COLD IN lONDON AND i feel so helpless because he is just cross the road and he is not crying any more why isnt he calling , i hope he doesnt give up i am going to go and sit with him so he can sense me should i take some of his things so he knows he is not abondend :'( :'(
What is the most important thing for him right now, i aM FED UP OF MY NEIGHBOUR TELLING me he is just a cat and will survive and there are other emergency.

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 22:18:13 PM »
P.S. I have bolt cutters and would come to help you if I was nearer. Naughty I know but I would cut the lock off and just replace it!!
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 22:15:01 PM »
Pav, he won't freeze to death so please don't worry about that. It is cold but he is at least sheltered from the elements. Good news that you can get food and water to him.

It sounds like you have tried all avenues and at this time of night you will be unlikely to get help from builders and the police will be busy with the friday night rabble.

Put a note on the garage asking the owner to contact you before opening the garage in case Mister runs out scared just in case they go to the garage in the morning.

I really don't think you will be able to get any help tonight but I also know you won't sleep.

It must be so frustrating because you know where he is and just can't get to him.

Get the supplies in to him and start again in the morning. Maybe knock on doors around the area to see who the garage belongs too.

*hugs*
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 22:14:38 PM »
Oh Pav this is terrible and tonight here is very cold.

There maybe somewhere in the garage that he will find to keep warm , how did he get in?

Yes put some food and water under the door if you can.

At least he is safe inside where it will be warmer and not in danger on the road.

I wish I could think of someone else you could call................maybe someone on Purrs has some more ideas.

I am sure he will be OK over night but tomorrow tell RSPCA its over 24 hours and see if they will help  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Please help me, Mister stocked in some one garage
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 22:08:22 PM »
 Mister is been locked in some one garage since 4pm :'( :'( I have been trying to find the person who owns the garage no chance till mon day. Sorry if i dont make much sense here but called the Police and they said to CALL rspca , they say they have no power to break some one 's lock . Firebrigate says they cxant do it even though i said i pay all costs no matter what . Lock smiths wont do it cuz is not my property and after many calls they said tghey woiuld if RSPCA is present but they say is not emergency unless is 24 hours since cat is traped :'( :'(
Mister is cold and i am so scared that he freeze to death and am crying cos cant help him and no one is helping . Police said  is not emergency since they have 33 cases before us. My baby is in there and i am so scared what can i do i can get my hand under the door flat and put water with some rescue remedey AND SOME FOOD BUT HE MUST BE SO OOO SCARED and cold.
I have been cxalling builders to come and break the pad locks no one got back to me what can i do now what if he freez to dseat i am so scared can any one tell me what can i do please please

Link to CatChat