Author Topic: This has made me so f***** mad!!! (the worse case of cruelty I have ever heard of!!)UPDATE!!!  (Read 6727 times)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
I am so pleased that this little girl has recovered so well from such a disgusting traumatic event
 :hug:  :hug:

Words escape me about this story.....if i start ranting i may not stop  >:(  >:(
vile is the mildest thing i can come up with  >:(

But this gorgeous kitty has shown that true spirit cant be broken. God Bless her xx
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
 :Luv2: So pleased there is a happy ending  for this little darling.  Thanks for the update  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
This is the first time I have seen it and it truly made me cry when I read it  :'(
She is the double of my denzel
Glad she is doing ok now
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
glad she has found happiness at last although god only knows what terror she must have felt...poor, poor girl :(

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
That is such great news  ;D

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy Fuzzlebug.
***************UPDATE*********************UPDATE************************

I enquired yesterday as to how the little girl is doing as it's been nearly a year since it happened.

Mervyn. Kim has settled in well with her foster carer who has 2 other cats and they all get on really well. The has grown up into a lovely cat who is adored by her new foster mum. A good ending.

A happy ending.
center]Please join the Purrs save a life draw - £2 a month is all it takes!
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38217.0.html
[/center]
[img

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
I've just received my ASSISI newsletter,in it they have a appeal 'Help Care For Me'....only three quid a month to help care for a pet of your choice.So I've decided to sponsor three cats who are long term residents of the Sancturary.
A tenner a month isn't a lot of money to me but to these furbabes,it's a lifeline.

Here's the link,I hope the Purrs Head Cat's don't mind me posting it..

http://www.assisi-ni.org/help-care-for-me/

Help Care For Me
This year sees Assisi Animal Sanctuary, Northern Ireland’s local Independent Animal Welfare charity embark on one of their biggest drives to get some much needed sponsorship through their campaign - “Help Care For Me.”

Assisi is committed to providing an excellent quality of life for all of their animals no matter what their age or state of health. For many, Assisi is the last chance for an older or special needs animal to find happiness.

Assisi endeavors to re-home all of the animals however some residents have been with us for quite sometime. These residents need an experienced owner aware of the needs of an animal on long term medication or it may be an owner who understands the needs of an animal as they gracefully approach older age. Special homes like these are out there but they are few and far between.

In the meantime you can Help Care For Them through sponsorship from as little as £3.00 per month. The economic situation has reduced donations to Assisi and we have had to look at other sources of fund raising and sponsorship.
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££  :wow:
[/center]
[img

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
Good to hear she is doing well, thanks for the update.

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
Thanks for the update mervyn. So glad to hear that Kim is doing so well, bless her.
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
what a nice update

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
Re: This has made me so f***** mad!!! ****UPDATE 5TH MAY 2011*******!!!
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2011, 12:06:44 PM »
Thank you for enquiring about Kim. It is now 10 weeks since poor little Kim was admitted to Assisi Animal Sanctuary with her horrific injuries. During this time Kim has surprised us all with her happy, determined, loving attitude. She has become as bright
and mischievous as a 6 month old kitten should be! Kim has been xrayed every 2 weeks to check her pelvic fractures were healing correctly allowing her full use of her hips and to ensure that her pelvic diameter is adequate to allow normal toileting. Her progress has been remarkable and it now seems that she will be able to avoid further surgery. Kim still has a weakness in her left hip but we are confident this will heal fully with time. We will continue to monitor Kim regularly until her hip is fully healed but her future is looking very bright. In the meantime she is enjoying life with her foster carer.
[/center]
[img

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
She sounds like a little sweetheart, hope she continue to do well.

Nicky

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
So pleased she is doing well.  :Luv2: :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
This is the first time I've seen this thread and when I started reading I honestly thought I'd read it wrong. I really can't believe what was done to this poor little defenceless kitten  :'( :'( :'( :'( As I read about her injuries my heart was breaking for her imagining the terror she must have experienced.

I'm so glad to hear that she is getting the care and love that she deserves.
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
UPDATE*************UPDATE****************UPDATE*********************

From ASSISI;

Mervyn. Kim is doing really well. She is still living with her foster carer and enjoying herself. She is seen regularly by the Vet and a decision will be made in the next 4 weeks as to whether she will require surgery. We are keeping our fingers crossed that her injuries are healing well and that surgery will not be required. She is growing into a beautiful young cat.

;D
[/center]
[img

Offline AllShookUp

• Senior Cat
  • R.I.P Annastasia 1994-2009
  • Slave to: Elvis & Miki-MooMoo
 >:( Im lost for words. I literally am. All I can say is I wish her all the best for recovery. Poor wee girl.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Kimmy is truly exceptional. :Luv: And to her fosterers and rescuers: :hug:

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
Update on Kim from her Foster carer.

"I know a lot of you have been following Kim's story, so I wanted to give you the most up-to-date information on this amazing kitten. Today she was x-rayed by the Vet, who advised that bone formation is taking place but we won't know for another four weeks whether she will need a hip operation. A kitten's body carries out its best healing in the six weeks following trauma.

The other good news is that her analgesia is being decreased...yee ha!! She is allowed periods of time out of her prison "cage", but no jumping allowed! Kim is an amazing a little character she actually is - she is a typical kitten, she wants to play, climb, explore, make friends, investigate etc etc. She has bonded fantastically with my boys (my two male cats who are both Assisi cats). Kim displays no evidence whatsoever of a kitten who has been badly abused. This is quite inexplicable but a total credit to her incredible spirit."
[/center]
[img

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
how horrific and utterly disturbing to hear about this. i'm glad the little darling is getting better though x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Oops sorry! Honestly thought I'd put Mervyn.... :shy:

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
I asked them on the Facebook page Jack..

ps.it's Mervyn,I  :censored: hate Melvyn!! One of my teachers always called me Melvyn!! Senile old git! :naughty:
[/center]
[img

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Looked on the site the other day for an update but it hadn't changed. Excellent news, Melvyn.

Offline Elanor3

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Indie, Ember, Fig
i am glad that this little lady is improving  :Luv: looking forward to hearing about her progress. Hope they find the one who did this to her! 

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
UPDATE!

Kim is now able to stand on her back legs and is doing well. She will continue to visit the vet weekly for another few weeks, whilst her progress is monitored.
[/center]
[img

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
I just read on Facebook that Kimmy made the front pager of the Newtownards Chronical newspaper,which is a weekly broadsheet.I looked on their website but couldn't find the story.
[/center]
[img

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
This thread is about Kimmy. Come on guys, don't start thinking of deviant punishments....it's a disturbing enough situation. Has anyone seen any updates on Kimmy? Last I knew she was off to her foster home.

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
When they get him -they should chop it off and ram it down his own throat and choke the  :censored: :censored: :censored: with it till he dies .

i'd prefer to shove it somewhere else after having it slowly removed by cat.  he should then be left to bleed to death.  that may be offensive to some people but that would be my prefered method of punishment
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
When they get him -they should chop it off and ram it down his own throat and choke the  :censored: :censored: :censored: with it till he dies .

Such a beautiful little girl -hope she heals soon and gets over this .

There are some sick  :censored: :censored: :censored: about and they really want sorting out so they don''t breathe again .

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
This has brought tears to my eyes. I am truly choked. She is beautiful x

Offline Elanor3

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Indie, Ember, Fig
sadistic, evil  :censored:  :mad:

How could anyone do that??? or even think of doing that!!!!  SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
Oh god I feel sick, what sort of an evil twisted  :censored: does that to an animal!! Im pleased Kimmy is recovering well but sorry she has had to go through such torture.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
I called this morning. :shy: Kimmy's doing well and seems she already knows not all people are bad because before she went to her new foster home all the staff gave her cuddles and she lapped up the attention. :Luv: What a sweetie she is.

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
Kimmy is being treated at the best vet's in Bangor,the same one that Daisy goes to.When I got Daisy,I thought it only prudent to use the same vet's that the ASSISI used when Daisy was a resident there.
They are more concerned about the animal's welfare than the financial side,I mean I forgot to pay for Daisy's check up & chipping & they didn't chase me for the payment,they waited until Daisy had her next check up then reminded me... :-[
[/center]
[img

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
Poor little Kim, I hope she recovers well and gets a lovely home with caring people that will spoil her rotten. Made me cry to think that this poor little beauty has suffered like this.
Some people are just not got enough to be on this earth.

Nicky

Offline lizfraser

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Arthur and Dottie Dillon (Feb 1998 - 18/12/12 RIP),Tom (RIP 12/11/12), Digby (Feb 1998-17/11/10 RIP)
So glad she's on the mend and can hopefully start to trust again after the trauma she experienced. 

Early days yet but sure her story will tug at the heartstrings and she will find a wonderful forever home once she's stronger  :Luv:

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
UPDATE...

Thank you for all the messages of good wishes & support for both Kim & Assisi. Kim was well enough today to leave the Vets & has gone home with her foster carer. She will be on cage rest for the next 3 weeks, so that she does not put too much pressure on her damaged hips. She will visit the Vet weekly for an x-ray so that they can keep an eye on her bones & how they are healing. She will require surgery in the future but as she is still so young that will not happen for some time. She is on pain relief but was in good spirits despite everything that has happened to her & allowed all the staff to stroke her before she left.
[/center]
[img

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Poor Poor little girl - wishing her lots of love, hugs and healing vibes xxx

I wish for the scum that did this a very slow and very painful death and that the hounds of hell feed on their depraved soul, they are nothing but evil and sadistic  :censored:  :censored:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
I agree with bonkers mad and Mark !

Link to CatChat