Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 6612 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Thank you
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 10:57:44 AM »
I have gone from going out the day after, to waiting a few months. When you feel ready, I would just go to a local rescue and see what they have, rather than thinking you have to go for a ginger tom, as you might find that another cat pulls at your heartstrings more.
Please spay your cat

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 10:43:12 AM »
 :hug:

I waited about 6 months after Biggles died before I got Archie.

As has been mentioned it does not fill the gap left by Odi that will happen over time but you will have a new character to love

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 02:08:30 AM »
basically it is when you are ready and whether your Sooty would accept another cat as they can feel the loss of another cat that lives in the house. 

In one instance it took 6 months for me to get another furry but then with the next one still have not got another furry and it has been almost 2 years since losing that cat.  If you feel ready then that is the time as long as Sooty is also ready and if she has been coming for cuddles more she may be feeling the loss herself and is needing the comfort off you as much as you need it off her.
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 00:17:05 AM »
only you can answer the question of when you feel ready to introduce another furry  :hug:

all I can say is that I am old enough to know that a new cat does not in any way make the memory of the one who has gone to the Bridge less powerful, or the loss less painful - but nor do those memories and sense of loss make it impossible to love another

if you have room in your house and heart for another, then goodness knows there are a lot of needy cats out there just waiting to take up residence
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline JUDROP1948

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Odi RIP and Sooty and `new boy` Frodo
Thank you
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 00:09:53 AM »
 :thanks: :hug:  :hug: I would like to thank everyone who helped me to get through one of the most difficult two weeks in my ( not so young ) life, your kindness and understanding when I lost my lovely boy Odi was a great help to me.
I am still not `over `it I dont know that I ever will be, loss of those dear to us becomes a matter of learning to live without them rather than getting over it, but heartfelt thanks to you all, and again for the opportunity to post a rememberance for my 3 lovely Ginger Toms.
Now a question, I feel a gaping hole in my life, our dear old Sooty  has tried valliently to help , by sitting on my lap far more than she ever has  before, she likes her space and cuddles infrequently, so I am a bit of a burden to her at the moment, as I say she HAS tried, but it is an imposition to her !
 How soon should one introduce another cat ? ?
I know I can never REPLACE Odi he was an individual, would it help or hinder to open our home and heart to another ginger Tom ?
 May I have your thoughts please ?
Thanks again Ju XX

Link to CatChat