Author Topic: For those of you who remember poor little Portia and her owner  (Read 6878 times)

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
Re: For those of you who remember poor little Portia and her owner
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2010, 10:38:20 AM »
This thread will be locked at the request of the original poster  :hug:

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2010, 10:19:22 AM »
It is, but people need to learn to be more careful, this is how identities get stolen and lifes ruined...saying that even the most knowledgable people can be the less than sensible with technology (our ex network manager got his identity stolen!).

Angie if you google yourself and find your address please make attempts to remove it :)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2010, 10:13:27 AM »
Wow, people should seriously watch what information they post over the internet, just googled her and theres so much information on her on the net...I obviously wont post what I read because that would be immoral.

I think this is something we all have to live with nowadays. Love it or hate it, the internet is here.
Personally, I think its nice to be able to check someone out as it gives you an idea of who you are dealing with.......just going to google myself.....  :rofl:

Just to report - don't bother googling any of my email addresses - it was quite boring!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:29:57 AM by Angie (covcats) »

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2010, 10:00:05 AM »
I can not see what the police have to do with it. Unless the information provided on the thread is sufficient to allow people to identify the individual under discussion, then it is simply people expressing an opinion of the inappropriateness of shedding pets when new pets arrive. Personal opinion is not a police matter. Nor is it a matter for legal action. Slander, or libel, must clearly identify the person who is being discussed. That does not appear to have occurred here.

If the person is objecting, then perhaps they feel that there is some merit in the comments. If not, then perhaps a more constructive approach might be to present their reasons so that they can see they are not being misrepresented. This is a forum dedicated to cat rescue - I can not see how this is contrary to the aims of the forum. But would be happy to be contradicted if the situation is different to that which appears to be developing in this thread.

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2010, 09:53:15 AM »
Erm freedom of speech anyone? Agree entirely that anything malicious should be removed but people are entitled to have opinions.

Hi all.
I had a call from Lisa's partner this morning about this thread asking that it be removed. I have pm'd moderators but typically none on.

I don't want the thread deleted entirely as it has a right to be out there but can i ask no one else to comment on it for the moment.
In fact reading through this thread , I can't really see anything vicious!

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2010, 09:48:27 AM »
Hi all.
I had a call from Lisa's partner this morning about this thread asking that it be removed. I have pm'd moderators but typically none on.

I don't want the thread deleted entirely as it has a right to be out there but can i ask no one else to comment on it for the moment.
In fact reading through this thread , I can't really see anything vicious!

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2010, 08:56:30 AM »
Possibly not the best way to get your feelings accross...  :shocked:

She should have had a ban on keeping animals after what happened to poor Portia though.

I wish someone would seperate her , take her to the vets and have her put down.
People like her are not fit to breathe :censored: :censored:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2010, 19:09:46 PM »
I wish someone would seperate her , take her to the vets and have her put down.
People like her are not fit to breathe :censored: :censored:

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2010, 14:08:17 PM »
Wow, people should seriously watch what information they post over the internet, just googled her and theres so much information on her on the net...I obviously wont post what I read because that would be immoral.

To be honest I think shes just part of this materialistic generation, children are not being brought up to value people, items or animals anymore, we live in a society where we think we should constantly be having new things (including animals).

I'm ashamed to say I have members of my own family with this mentality and it shoots very close to home for me.

Maybe Lisa should be asked to consider seperating her cats from her dog and introducing them slowly, as anyone with a bit of common sense would do in this situation.

I'm a fosterer in Coventry (one of Angies) and although I have a hard time saying NO I'd honestly be reluctant to help her, having read her past post I'd be wary that this situation will probably occur again, possibly with a new dog this time that doesnt get along with her current dog.

Wouldnt be surprised if its a staffie!

Offline LilyandGary

• Senior Cat
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2010, 18:57:14 PM »
Angie, I would offer to foster them myself if only to ensure they are all neutered. However, I suspect this would only free her up to do the same again. Sadly there is nothing to stop her doing this, especially as she would appear to be a repeat offender. I wonder if she is willing to do this with her cats, then the same will be the fate of her dog or dogs in a few months time.

Unbelivably, she`s not the only I know of personally! One can only try your best to educate, and find a good sturdy wall to bang your head against.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 22:15:09 PM »
well as she was refused twice by dog charities, I wonder if the new dog she got was one advertised on freecycle recently.
If i had a choice, she would be banned from keeping animals.

Damn - sorry , couldn't help myself  :brick:

Carry on. We were all thinking it more than likely. ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2010, 19:20:42 PM »
I read the whole Portia thread :( Poor Portia and poor you Angie and now I feel sad for all the other animals she has.

Its easy for me to say now...but reading the thread from the start I could see it all coming but looks like she had people trapped in her web of sob stories. I particularly liked the whole "getting 5 of them on a bus to the pdsa" why oh why do you all need to go on a family outing to the vets!!

I don't like to stereotype or generalise but all I could think of was "throw away society " and could imagine the black leather sofas, 50" plasma and ps3 along with children called chantel, chardonnay and chelsea. Have come across many and took Soap from one because they couldn't be bothered with her anymore and locked her in a pantry cupboard.

My personal opinion is that they shouldn't be allowed children let alone pets!!

I hope someone on CC offers them a nice home...before there is an incident with the dog and they don't have 5 busfares worth of money to take injured cats to the vets. Makes me sick.

Sorry rant over
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 10:37:04 AM by Daisymac »
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2010, 17:32:43 PM »
well as she was refused twice by dog charities, I wonder if the new dog she got was one advertised on freecycle recently.
If i had a choice, she would be banned from keeping animals.

Damn - sorry , couldn't help myself  :brick:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 17:43:22 PM by Angie (covcats) »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2010, 17:20:38 PM »
There is a woman called Lisa in Coventry who is looking to rehome 3 cats due to a new dog.      She has put a post on catchat.     Is it the same woman?

http://www.catchat.org/forum.html

Yup, same lady.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2010, 17:07:32 PM »
If i lived nearer , nothing would give me greater pleasure than getting the cats somewhere safe and then going back and giving her a bloody good hiding -scum like that make my blood boil. :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2010, 16:55:23 PM »
There is a woman called Lisa in Coventry who is looking to rehome 3 cats due to a new dog.      She has put a post on catchat.     Is it the same woman?

http://www.catchat.org/forum.html

« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 16:58:36 PM by cazzer »
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2010, 16:45:09 PM »

what's the point of taking cats from her, if it just creates a vacancy for more >:(
I can't help feeling xmas is coming.... >:(

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2010, 16:28:00 PM »
too lazy, and too indifferent, to get on a bus and take them to the PDSA, if I remember the sob stories over poor Portia

what's the point of taking cats from her, if it just creates a vacancy for more >:(
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2010, 16:20:34 PM »
I hope someone steps in before there are 6 kittens to add to the list. I did suggest that it would be easier to home if she got the boy and girl neutered but she's basically too lazy I think.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2010, 14:33:57 PM »
Guess whose back.... we have an extra cat now.......

!I need to rehome my three cats as my dog really doesn't like them and he keeps going for them . Two females one male , male age one females age two and three . all vacs upto date and microchipped . one female neutered . "

Would it be great if you were allowed to give people like that a good hard slap!

There is a lot to be said for eugenics. People like her shouldn't be allowed to breed!  >:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2010, 14:21:49 PM »
There's a couple of people like that round here; and as well as my constant nagging, I know that they were the reason the local Freecycle admin stopped animal posts. He said they were abusing the site and showing they had no idea what responsibility was involved in caring for an animal.

Really hope something can be sorted for these cats. :scared:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 14:18:48 PM »
If I live to be 1000 I  will never understand the 'off with the old' mentality.  I'd give the world to have my bridge babies back as I'm sure everyone on here who has loved and lost a cat would.

Thank goodness there are wonderful people like Angie and co. around to pick up the pieces but it must be so depressing seeing it happen time and time again.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy Fuzzlebug.
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2010, 14:11:19 PM »
and they are now on preloved for £20 each

>:( I don't know about preloved. They were obviously never loved - poor babies  :'( - I find it hard to comprehend anyone that has no feelings for their pets. Their brains must be miswired  >:(

Totally agree!! My Daisy Fuzzlebug get's the best food,warmth & a comfy bed.Hell,the's been times when I've spent my last quid on her for food.I can go without,she can't.
center]Please join the Purrs save a life draw - £2 a month is all it takes!
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38217.0.html
[/center]
[img

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2010, 13:41:58 PM »
 >:( what is wrong with her

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2010, 13:41:14 PM »
Guess whose back.... we have an extra cat now.......

!I need to rehome my three cats as my dog really doesn't like them and he keeps going for them . Two females one male , male age one females age two and three . all vacs upto date and microchipped . one female neutered . "

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 19:09:11 PM »

>:( I don't know about preloved. They were obviously never loved - poor babies  :'( - I find it hard to comprehend anyone that has no feelings for their pets. Their brains must be miswired  >:(

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 19:04:36 PM »

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 14:23:27 PM »

Sorry just feel sorry for the animals and quite honestly would not of approved the ad in the first place.

I'm sure Angie only approved it as it means the animals have a chance away from this 'woman'

thats about it really  :(

Having that we are FULL ......

and Nicky took on one from the vets yesterday (been there for a week) that is very ill, having been walking up the road in the mouth of a greyhound. Very wobbily, has just started eating and to be reviewed next week

and Judith got called by the police yesterday evening, Cat in carrier dumped on a roundabout.....

so thats another 2

Angie if you need a jumper, leg warmers or bootees for the cat just let me know and will get them made up and send it to you as gather the poor little cat will have been shaved in areas and we know how important it is to keep them warm with shock. :)  (only on approval from your Veterinary surgeon)

Sorry just feel sorry for the animals and quite honestly would not of approved the ad in the first place.

I'm sure Angie only approved it as it means the animals have a chance away from this 'woman'

Yeah there is that way of looking at it Mark but was so mad at the person that just gets rid for no reason besides it does not match the decor or they have got bored of them and want a new play thing was in no way an attack at Angie .
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 15:23:57 PM by Ellen2010 »
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 13:50:08 PM »
All this dumping and stuff seems to be worse this year than any other  :(

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 13:24:44 PM »

thats about it really  :(

Having that we are FULL ......

and Nicky took on one from the vets yesterday (been there for a week) that is very ill, having been walking up the road in the mouth of a greyhound. Very wobbily, has just started eating and to be reviewed next week

and Judith got called by the police yesterday evening, Cat in carrier dumped on a roundabout.....

so thats another 2
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 13:28:52 PM by Angie (covcats) »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 13:15:34 PM »

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 12:23:50 PM »
Stupid horrible little  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:  -should be banned from having animals .
I remember poor little Portia  :'(

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 12:20:14 PM »
Oh so this person is like change the animal as it does not match the decor.

It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 12:17:30 PM »
I don't think its money, its the get a new pet and get rid of old one syndrome I'm afraid.
I suppose Rosie and the kitten she denied having were 'lucky' to have lasted this long.....

Its up to the new owners to ask for proof of vacs.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 11:47:32 AM »
Good!

I hope she doesn't get any more animals - Poor Portia -  >:(

I don't suppose there is a puppy on there?, either that or making way for more cute kittens  :tired:

Any way of checking if the vacs really up are to date?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 11:55:58 AM by Mark »

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 11:43:00 AM »
I remember that poor sick kitten very well

are all the cats she has females? could she be part of a BSB operation, I wonder - the end line for unwanted kittens and mums?

I just get the feeling there is money in this for her somewhere
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
For those of you who remember poor little Portia and her owner
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 11:39:25 AM »
We have been watching the comings and goings of pets from this household on freeecycle ever since.
Today, I approved the following.....

I need to rehome to cats both girls one tabby and white one black and white and
fluffy , black and white one is 3 years old white and tabby one is 2 years old ,
all vacs upto date and microchipped . black and white one neutered .

for those of you that don't there were several threads at the time.....

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,25390.msg454699.html#msg454699

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,25858.msg459480.html#msg459480

>:(

Well with xmas coming up she is probably making room for the new present....

Link to CatChat